PDA

View Full Version : Berridale - now 20-22nd May

BenC
07-03-05, 11:53 AM
You've been waiting for it boys and girls.. Get out your SJC Crawler jackets!

I've been contacting Cal about a weekend at his place and it looks like the weekend of 7/8 May is the go. We'll probably be going down there on the Friday night and leaving on the Sunday afternoon.

At this stage, we'll probably stay at a motel, similar to the one we stayed in last time.

This is an A+++ grade trip, and Cal tells me that he's been cutting tracks that are harder than ever, which scares me coming from Cal. If you go, there is a high likelihood you will be damaging your vehicle in some way. In saying that, it's definately worth it!

So who's keen?

Wooders
07-03-05, 12:21 PM
May - Jezz that sounds cold.
But interested regardless :lol:

wiz
07-03-05, 12:43 PM
dunno as yet :roll: ....

something about May7/8 and prior engagements that rings a bell :?

don't think there will be too much snow around at that time of year though :wink:

BenC
07-03-05, 06:27 PM
Yeah the timing isn't ideal, but it's what we could squeeze in around other events at the middle of the year. :?

Let me know when you know if you can make it or not and I'll book something firm in.

Antz
07-03-05, 07:35 PM
I will make every effort to make it whatever the date, but May 21/22 would be good for me.

wiz
08-03-05, 01:04 AM
i figured it out :lol:

Classic Not Plastic w/end ...
if they were doing Spanish Steps , i was interested :D ( if the oldies would let me that is :lol: )

+ i remember Brad saying that he's itchin to get back out to Cal's too

BenC
08-03-05, 09:26 AM
21/22 was going to be the weekend we ran the club event. Unless you wanted to ditch that?

It's also very close to Tough Tracks Round 2 in case I break anything @ Berridale :oops:

wiz
08-03-05, 02:02 PM
August/September ??? :wink:

billsta
09-03-05, 10:12 PM
i dunno, anytime in may or after suits me..
like i said, i only do one offroad trip a year anyway..

so its not in may?

BenC
10-03-05, 08:12 AM
Uhh I don't know... I want to make it early May, but if noone's going to come, then there's no point organising it for then.

What's the general consensus? Are people going to come if it's on the 7/8 May?

Dorzun
10-03-05, 11:04 AM
Maybe we could do it around the JAD weekend. From the looks of the post they aren't planning on heading down there at all and having worked at setting up the kaos property and what it's like I'd prefer Cal's.

Just an idea.

BenC
10-03-05, 11:10 AM
I can't do it on the JAD weekend because I'll be in QLD competing in Tough Tracks Round 2.

Unless we did it later in June *shrug* How far do we keep pushing it back though?

billsta
10-03-05, 10:26 PM
maybe next year, the calender looks pretty empty at tthe moemnt :mrgreen:
my jeep is not going to sit around waiting for this trip you know :roll:

BenC
11-03-05, 07:46 PM
Well I've got Bill and myself who want it in early May, Wiz and Brad who want it later in the year due to Classic not Plastic day, and Antz who's on the fence.

Others who will come will probably be Coops, Dennis, Max?

What do we go with? I'm in favour of doing one on May 7/8 and perhaps doing another around late August, assuming Cal is OK with that.

Do we have enough interest to book in the 7/8 trip?

Antz
11-03-05, 09:40 PM
Two trips would be good.

Just pick some dates and those who are keen will go.

billsta
12-03-05, 10:44 PM
yeah thats cool,
but not sure if i can do all repairs with 3 months in between :mrgreen:

ann
14-03-05, 01:00 PM
We just need to set concrete days, especially for an August run, so as we may book accommodation in advance. :)

Antz
14-03-05, 06:55 PM
OK, I'll suggest August 20/21.

BenC
15-03-05, 12:19 PM
Cal's said that the weekend of 21st 22nd in May is when we can do a drive. I'll update the calender.

Who's in?

At this stage I'm only going to look at organising the first trip. Once that's over, I'll talk to Cal and see if he's happy to do a second trip and if so, find out when in August would suit him.

Antz
16-03-05, 12:13 PM
21st and 22nd of May?

I got time off work so I'm IN :D

BenC
16-03-05, 12:18 PM
Awesome!

So far we have:

Ben, Ann
Anthony
Bill
Chris T (my navi, in the Hilux)
Jumbo
Dennis, Bond
Jeff, Heather, Kyanah
CJ Burns

Jumbo
16-03-05, 05:19 PM
Count me in if I don't do too much damage @ Tufftruck.. :lol:

billsta
16-03-05, 10:22 PM
i am going? :roll:

BenC
17-03-05, 09:04 AM
i am going? :roll:

yep, 2WD and all! :lol:

BenC
23-03-05, 03:38 PM
Here's an update from Cal.

================================================
Make sure everyone has tree trunk protectors, as we need to protect treees along trails. and we also encourage helmets especially on hard sections.

No dogs, unless arranged

WE have had quite a few trucks latelly making new tracks around sections that they should be able to drive and as a result are damaging the bush. Any trucks that start on a trail should stick to the designated track or go back to the nearest exit rather than drive over bush and cut new bypass.

================================================

BenC
31-03-05, 06:56 PM
Spoke to Dennis today, he's keen.

What's the general consensus, camping on site or stay in the same Motel as
we did last time?

billsta
31-03-05, 08:48 PM
stuff camping...
SJC dont camp...
we Mote...

BenC
31-03-05, 08:52 PM
OK might book a cabin next week then. We should have the numbers to fill it I hope. If I remember correctly it wasn't too expensive last time.

ann
01-04-05, 08:49 AM
stuff camping...
SJC dont camp...
we Mote...

I second that motion. :wink:

ann
01-04-05, 11:53 AM
Accommodation is booked for both the Friday and Saturday nights!!

Staying at the Southern Cross Motor Inn same as last year. I have booked a lodge same as before and because its not yet their peak peak season its cheap cheap cheap!! Even cheaper than last year!

So there are offically no excuses!!!

Your accommodation is booked all jeepers have to do is show up!

Make your decision known because we dont want you sleeping on the floor. (unless involuntarily... billsta!)

Dont miss out!!

Dorzun
01-04-05, 12:32 PM
I'm trying to convince heather to come down for this.

She'd got the dust in the viens after Jambo so hopefully all should be good.

Ann, what are the contact details for the place or do you know the $$$ for rooms? If heather does come we'll most likely have Kyanah in tow and would prefer a room so she won't be woken by everyones drunken rowdy behaivour (her dad being one of the worst offenders) through the night.

ann
01-04-05, 12:44 PM
Brad, tell Heather to come! She will love it! It is such a fantastic weekend and you dont have to sleep in the dirt! :D

http://www.southerncrossmotorinn.com.au/ is where Ive booked a lodge which fits 20 people. Cost for a whole lodge is $175 a night. I asked "per person?" but no that is for the whole lodge per night. Its low season so cheap cheap! Speak to Gary he's great. Gary has just put cooking stove things in the room so you can bring your eggs for breakfast still and theres microwaves, toasters, fridge etc. :D

Smaller rooms are available and they proved to be clean, comfortable and warm last time around. :D

Heather come!!!! :D

Dorzun
01-04-05, 02:53 PM
well that wasn't heather's in so I'll be speaking to gary this arvo to book a room.

Now I've just got to remind her we'll be travelling down in the CJ. I might drag CJ Burns along as he'll be my comp navi and soon a part owner of the roid.

That way the girls can travel in comfort in the KJ while I bounce my kidneys and chatter teeth in the CJ with CJ.

Dorzun
01-04-05, 03:06 PM
OK, heather's checked out the site and is happy to stay in the lodge.

Here response was "We could sleep in the lodge as they have four separate bedrooms. Otherwise do you want a standard or deluxe room? I guess the lodge would mean you could stay drinking or whatever with everyone else?"

Is she trying to tell me something or are we getting a reputation.

Question is, how does everyone feel about having an 8YO kid running round the lodge? If everyones OK with it I'll take one of the rooms and pay a bit extra.

Lemme know your thoughts guy's.

BenC
01-04-05, 03:08 PM
Doesn't bother me mate.

We just need to keep track of the people we have and what rooms they will be in. Here's how I see it so far.

Room 1 -- Full

Ben, Ann
Kim
Chris T (my navi, in the Hilux)
Lachlan

Room 2
Anthony
Bill
Jumbo

Room 3 -- Full
Dennis, Bond
Dennis' mate in Landrover
Wiz, Rach

Room 4
Brad, Heather, Kyanah
CJ Burns

Each room sleeps 4-5 people. So we still have more room.

ann
01-04-05, 04:37 PM
Is she trying to tell me something or are we getting a reputation.

Lemme know your thoughts guy's.

Yes to the reputation and no I for one dont mind. Kyanah's a doll :)

Jeff
01-04-05, 06:22 PM
I hope Heather doesnt mind that you've put me in her room!

I'm not too sure about this one yet. May be a bit last minute.

BenC
01-04-05, 06:30 PM
Oops, fixed :oops:

But you won't have a Jeep by then Jeff.. You would have sold it :lol:

wiz
02-04-05, 12:52 AM
add myself & Rach to the list :mrgreen:

also possibly a couple other oversize jeeps may be coming ...
i just need to twist some arms :wink:

BTW ... Billsta , looks like you'll need to bring the earplugs :lol:

BenC
11-04-05, 01:54 PM
Buddha and some of the ACT guys are planning on dropping in on the Saturday for a day drive.

The rooms are getting pretty full, so keep me up to date if anyone else is coming and wants to stay. We may need to book another cabin as the first one is looking pretty full.

Also, what's the preference on when to head down, I know we were going down on Friday, but do you want to head down early Friday and get some driving in on the afternoon, or head down midday Friday and do our driving on Saturday and Sunday, leaving late on Sunday afternoon?

The only problem with Sunday is that we need to check out of the cabin by 10.30am. I'm sure we can work something out though.

billsta
12-04-05, 08:44 PM
add myself & Rach to the list :mrgreen:

also possibly a couple other oversize jeeps may be coming ...
i just need to twist some arms :wink:

BTW ... Billsta , looks like you'll need to bring the earplugs :lol:

pfffff.... as if..
didnt need it last time, dont need it thie time :mrgreen:
just drink twice as much and crach in ya room :mrgreen:
plus dont htink theres going to be any sleeping
:mrgreen:

So whos jeep can i drive?? :mrgreen:

BenC
18-04-05, 12:19 PM
OK guys, looks like we've got too many people for one cabin now. Looks like we'll have to book another one. Anyone want to volunteer to book the second one?

This will also allow us to drop the numbers in the rooms to 3 a room, which will make things a lot less crowded (rooms fit 5, but 3 is a comfortable number from last time). Have I got everyone who's said they're coming so far?

CABIN 1
Room 1
Ben
Ann
Kim

Room 2
Lachlan (ORI) (maybe)
Rhys Williams (maybe)
Pavlo
Pavlo's brother

Room 3
Wiz (maybe)
Rach (maybe)
Joe
Carmen

Room 4
Billsta
Jumbo (maybe?)
Anthony

CABIN 2
Room 1
Mark Hickey
Keith
Keith's g/f (don't know name :oops: )
Matt Nolte

Room 2
Brad
Heather
Kyanah
CJ Burns
Spy

Room 3

Room 4

After talking to a few of those that went last year, looks like the preference is to leave early Friday morning, get there by lunch, drop off gear in motel and do some afternoon wheeling at Cal's to warm up, then hit it hard on Saturday. That gives the option for a morning drive on Sunday for those left with working vehicles, or we could just all head home on Sunday if everyone's had enough.

Dorzun
18-04-05, 01:48 PM
Put CJ and Spy in with Heather and I.

ann
26-04-05, 01:43 PM
Ok Ive booked another lodge cos Im such a nice gal (debatable I know!).

I hope everyones an excited as I am :D :D

Just under 4 weeks to go!

BenC
05-05-05, 09:48 AM
Dennis and Chris have pulled out, so we've got a bit more room now. Does anyone else want to come?

wiz
09-05-05, 07:24 PM
its looking a bit grim for my heap ATM :roll:

don't think it'll be battle ready in time :(

BenC
09-05-05, 09:18 PM
What's wrong with it?

BenC
11-05-05, 09:32 AM
Added Matt Nolte.

Jumbo are you still going?

wiz
11-05-05, 10:07 AM
What's wrong with it?

splines on the rear axles are cactus :roll:

BenC
11-05-05, 05:41 PM
Added Pavlo and his brother

BenC
11-05-05, 05:46 PM
Wiz, are Jo and Carmen, Keith and his g/f still coming if you don't go?

I'm trying to work out the story with the rooms :?

Dorzun
11-05-05, 09:27 PM
even if the CJ's not ready I'll still be comin down, just means I'll be in the KJ and won't be able to partake in any of the driving,

but I'm sure someone will hand me the key's to there rig at some stage, not.

wiz
12-05-05, 12:45 AM
OK d00d ,

Rach & myself will be attending whether i'm mobile again or not :wink: ,
although seeing as i haven't ordered the parts yet ... :roll:

Keith is going :D , but flying solo .

Joey is going also , but Karmen is a maybe at this stage .
At least i'll still have a Jp to wheel in :twisted: ... hope he trusts me :mrgreen:

ann
12-05-05, 08:27 AM
but I'm sure someone will hand me the key's to there rig at some stage, not.

Oh sure! Brad Ill give you Bens keys its ok :P I trust you wont try out the new roll cage :)

BenC
12-05-05, 09:17 AM
Updated list for this page.

Ben
Ann
Kim

Pavlo
Pavlo's brother

Wiz
Rach
Joe
Carmen (Maybe)

Anthony
Keith
Matt Nolte

Brad
Heather
Kyanah
CJ Burns
Spy

We'll be meeting on Friday 20th at 7.00am at the Pheasants nest Mobil. Let me know if that doesn't suit anyone.

Dorzun
12-05-05, 01:19 PM
I may have3 to cruise down on friday night and won't know until a day or two before but as said I'm going regardless of wether the roid's ready or not.

mrp69
17-05-05, 09:34 AM
having never been to the snowy mountains nor 4wheeling for 3 days just wanted some tips and advice as to what i should bring with me. The jeep itself will be up to spec with the new sill protection being installed today, i have sourced all new recovery equipment and bought an arb compressor hose to inflate tyres. Other than that ie. Clothes, Food, Blankets what is advisable to bring along. Will we be eating out, will we be eating our own food just want 2 make sure b4 i head of 6hrs from home :wink:

Cheers
Pavlo

ann
17-05-05, 11:02 AM
Warm clothes, recovery gear, toilettes, something for breakfast.

There is a fridge, toaster and cooking facilities. Lunch and Dinner we'll probably eat out but it might be a good idea to bring snacks because we'll be out at Cal's all day and you might get hungry.

There is bedding and towels.

Else bring a camera cos there will be lots of action :)

mrp69
17-05-05, 11:24 AM
sounds good so no need to bring blankets etc?

ann
17-05-05, 11:40 AM
There are heaters in the rooms, however ben and I did bring an additional blanket last time. So if you get cold yes bring one along :D

mrp69
17-05-05, 11:49 AM
i think i better start packing 2day or i will end up there and forgeten half my stuff in Sydney! 8O

Anyways thanks for that Ann

FeD
17-05-05, 06:31 PM
Warm clothes, recovery gear, toilettes, something for breakfast.

There is a fridge, toaster and cooking facilities. Lunch and Dinner we'll probably eat out but it might be a good idea to bring snacks because we'll be out at Cal's all day and you might get hungry.

there is a restraunt on the grounds of where we are staying....we had breakfast there last time, great variety.

for dinner the first night we ended up in the one man town where we waited about 1/2 hour for a hamburger to be made in the local takeaway shop (and dont expect service with a smile)....the second night we ended up in the chinese restraunt where service was good as well as the food..... the chinese restraunt is joined to one of the local pubs where the poor poor bar maid got a little flustered :oops: when she saw more than 2 ppl standing at the bar waiting fo service :lol:

as ann said as long as you bring food to munch on during the day and some drink, you wil be right......

been looking forward to this trip for a while....just a shame the girl is not going :( unless a miracle happens which i dont think so :(

see you guys there, rach :wink:

billsta
17-05-05, 10:08 PM
BEER AT THE LOCAL PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
real wheelers cyber wheels :twisted:

wiz
18-05-05, 12:39 AM
.....just wanted some tips and advice as to what i should bring with me.

Berocca :roll:

:mrgreen:

FeD
18-05-05, 05:51 PM
disappointed to see your a no show billy :roll:

ann
19-05-05, 10:06 AM
there is a restraunt on the grounds of where we are staying....we had breakfast there last time, great variety.

Aww hate to break the news, the restaurant will not be open as it is slow season :roll: Bring some bread to toast 8O

mrp69
19-05-05, 10:33 AM
there is a servo near by? would sell fresh bread?

ann
19-05-05, 11:04 AM
Yes you can buy bread from Hepatitis Helens... *cough* I mean the take away shop :wink:

mrp69
19-05-05, 11:15 AM
on second thought i might just go to coles before hand :wink:

Dorzun
19-05-05, 11:45 AM
I heard Anne and rach where getting up each morning to cook the boys bacon and eggs that'd be served to us in our warm beds.

maybe I was just hearing things.

BenC
19-05-05, 12:27 PM
I heard Anne and rach where getting up each morning to cook the boys bacon and eggs that'd be served to us in our warm beds.

Brad clearly wants the girls to let his tires down overnight. :wink:

ann
19-05-05, 12:34 PM

Brad clearly wants the girls to let his tires down overnight. :wink:

Hang on a minute...

1. I made bacon and toast and such for Ben Chris and Rhys last year so I aint making it again.

2. I dont let tyres down. I slash them :twisted:

mrp69
19-05-05, 12:35 PM
better hope they got stauns or something brad

ann
19-05-05, 12:40 PM

Dorzun
19-05-05, 12:52 PM
I don't even know if I'm driving down yet or coming as a passenger so my tyres might be safe.

I may be hobbling round on crutches though as an old war wound has come back to haunt my heel and I'm finding it very hard to walk today.

Heathers not going to be able to make it so it'll be just CJ, Spy and I but we are not leaving Nth Sydney until 6.30 so we'll be needing the doors left unlocked, then again you guy's will probably still be up boozing on.

Still looking forward to it even though I won't be able to drive.

Dorzun
19-05-05, 01:03 PM
Good News (for me anyway, well maybe not)

Heather is now 94.38934% that she is going to come and if that's the case Mini heather will also be joining us (kyanah) but I won't know until tonight.

Have to find babysitter for dog.

mrp69
19-05-05, 01:06 PM
you guys reckon we will see any snow this time of year?

ann
19-05-05, 01:09 PM
Theres been snow showers in Thredbo so you never know. But its going to be really cold even Cooma has been 0-13 during the day. Brrrrrrrr.

ann
19-05-05, 01:11 PM
Good News (for me anyway, well maybe not)

Heather is now 94.38934% that she is going to come and if that's the case Mini heather will also be joining us (kyanah) but I won't know until tonight.

Have to find babysitter for dog.

Youve got to be strong about this Brad and put your foot down.

Youve got to take that "Youre coming and youre going to like" attitude. :mrgreen:

Dorzun
19-05-05, 01:14 PM
you obviusly don't know about the CJ's latest issues. :cry: :x

CJ as in Jeep not in the drunken idiot pootrowl I call my very good friend. :wink:

CJBurnsEsq
19-05-05, 01:21 PM
Weather;
Cooma -1 to 11 Chance of a shower
Thredbo -5 to 5
http://www.bom.gov.au

Thermals are good.
CJ

BenC
19-05-05, 01:27 PM
Bring on the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

mrp69
19-05-05, 01:31 PM
hope so havn't yet seen snow ever 8O

BenC
19-05-05, 01:35 PM
Here is the final list. Don't forget we're meeting at 7am at Pheasants nest Mobil. Call me if there are any dramas, my mobile is 0438 125000.

Ben
Ann
Kim

Pavlo
Pavlo's brother

Wiz
Rach
Joe
Carmen (Maybe)

Anthony
Keith
Matt Nolte

Brad
Heather
Kyanah
CJ Burns
Spy

CJBurnsEsq
19-05-05, 01:58 PM
Do we have a DVD player at the Motel? I could bring a copy of the DVD that Spy put together from J5.
CJ

mrp69
19-05-05, 01:59 PM
i got scarface :evil:

BenC
19-05-05, 02:01 PM
Do we have a DVD player at the Motel? I could bring a copy of the DVD that Spy put together from J5.
CJ

The one I'm not in :oops: :cry: :cry:

I'll bring my laptop and the Berridale DVD from last year for some inspiration. And perhaps some other rock crawling DVDs.

Dorzun
19-05-05, 02:08 PM
and the mother in law is picking up a portable one for Kyanah this arvo that I could bring.

Dorzun
19-05-05, 02:12 PM
OK Ann,

I have left a message with Heathers PA saying the girls are telling me to be a man and stand up for myself.

I've not heard back yet so still do not know the outcome but consider she'll be there.

CJBurnsEsq
19-05-05, 02:30 PM
[quote] Maddog
CJBurnsEsq wrote:
CJ

The one I'm not in

Don't worry bloke, your in it, Spy and I ensure we get footage of everyone and not just your nearest and dearest. We even have Jeff getting almost all the way through the Rocky Horror and the Mud Run.
Missed me blowing the tyre though. Also Buddha and a couple of the other ACT dudes as well.
CJ

BenC
19-05-05, 02:32 PM
lol I was just mucking around CJ.. :lol: Brad gave me a copy of it a little while back. I liked the visual effects in it

ann
19-05-05, 02:35 PM
OK Ann,

I have left a message with Heathers PA saying the girls are telling me to be a man and stand up for myself.

I've not heard back yet so still do not know the outcome but consider she'll be there.

Bradpower! Stand up for your rights! :wink:

CJBurnsEsq
19-05-05, 02:57 PM
Bloody Lawson, rip'n off copies of me 'ome movies! See you in court PAL!!!! or should that be NTSC.....
oh well never mind.

Dorzun
19-05-05, 03:42 PM
Bloody Lawson, rip'n off copies of me 'ome movies! See you in court PAL!!!! or should that be NTSC.....
oh well never mind.

not I said the fly,

Ben has my copy.

Becuase I knew I could get another from you.

Antz
19-05-05, 04:26 PM
Just recieved my copy of 'Climb' the movie of SuperCrawl III :D

I'll bring it.

CJBurnsEsq
19-05-05, 05:07 PM
Bradey, I might have to check that that wasn't the only copy. I just wiped off the laptop to get more room for more films. I still have to finish off the desert trip we did.

Ben, could you bring it just in case?
CJ

Dorzun
19-05-05, 09:21 PM
na twasn't.

have the original here on the desk at home. Had to reburn a copy to be able to read it. So all is good.

Will try and remember to bring it for you.

Dorzun
19-05-05, 10:00 PM
CJ

Turns out the portable dvd player I bought is just that. Doesn't have a screen but can plug into a tellie.

I'll bring it along too.

CJBurnsEsq
20-05-05, 12:11 PM
I found my copy, it was in the filing system I have, everything gets filed under Misc.
CJ :oops:

wiz
22-05-05, 09:01 PM
What a great w/end guys & gals :mrgreen:

A big thanx to Ann and Maddawg(aka ORI-Wan-Ben-Obi) for organising the trip :wink: ....

To all those who came to abuse the rigs and their kidneys/liver... The company and shenanigans of the w/end was always most entertaining 8)

Have heaps and heaps of vid-footage (a few hours worth :wink: ) and i think Ben will be producing another DVD for our viewing pleasure :mrgreen: .... with a special sealed section too :lol:

Most mportantly :wink: , a huge thanx to Cal for guiding us around the SkyJacker Aust Testing Grounds , and showing how a Tj is meant to be driven 8O ... :twisted:

Dorzun
22-05-05, 10:11 PM
yeh thanx guy's, another very ummmm entertaing weekend in all aspects.

The lines Ben drove really made a lot of bottoms clench tightly on the weekend and impressed all.

Big big thanx to Ann also for organising the really important bits.

Can't wait for a return trip very soon.

Dorzun
23-05-05, 09:29 AM
I'll set up an album tonite and start uploading my pics, was too tired last night from the lack of sleep on friday (and saturday) night.

BenC
23-05-05, 11:04 AM
Thanks for coming all, t'was a top weekend. Huge thanks to Cal again for showing us around his place.

It's always great fun to push the TJ's limits a little further 8) 8O

mrp69
24-05-05, 10:23 AM
Uploading pics at the moment.

Link is

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/Watagans-26-2-05/Berridale%2005/

Antz
25-05-05, 12:11 PM
My pics here

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/antz-gallery/Berridale2005/

CJBurnsEsq
25-05-05, 12:53 PM
I would also like to extend my thanks to Cal for guiding us around the property, I had a great time out there even with the wheels in the air bit. Mind you it has almost convinced me I need more lift etc to even keep Ben and the others in site.
Also thanks to Ann for organising the accommadation etc and thanks to every one else there for putting up with my antics, Keith, I still want a kuddle!!!
CJ

chrispy
25-05-05, 12:59 PM
I would also like to extend my thanks to Cal for guiding us around the property, I had a great time out there even with the wheels in the air bit. Mind you it has almost convinced me I need more lift etc to even keep Ben and the others in site.
Also thanks to Ann for organising the accommadation etc and thanks to every one else there for putting up with my antics, Keith, I still want a kuddle!!!
CJ

CJ - did you prove, yet again, that you are totally unsuitable for the church choir?

CJBurnsEsq
25-05-05, 01:13 PM
It wasn't my fault! First night was the Mr Jekyll and the second night I got locked outside and I knew knocking on the door wouldn't work so Itried something else.
CJ

FeD
25-05-05, 05:56 PM
It wasn't my fault! First night was the Mr Jekyll and the second night I got locked outside and I knew knocking on the door wouldn't work so Itried something else.
CJ

and dont i have some video footage of that and all the saturday night shenanigans.......ohhhh and some driving footage too :lol: :lol:

absolute crack up, my stomach muscles really needed that work out...can still feel the pain from that laughing.

was a top weekend, cant wait to do it again.... have to have a trip twice a year there...... one when there is snow (and we stay in the cabin for that one) and one in summer, where we MUST camp out at Cals......

once again thanks all for a top weekend, BRING ON THE NEXT ONE!

rach :wink:

Dorzun
25-05-05, 06:33 PM
absolute crack up, my stomach muscles really needed that work out...can still feel the pain from that laughing. oohh that's what mine must be from, I thought maybe I passed out and fell over from the absynth.

was a top weekend, cant wait to do it again.... have to have a trip twice a year there...... one when there is snow (and we stay in the cabin for that one) and one in summer, where we MUST camp out at Cals......

once again thanks all for a top weekend, BRING ON THE NEXT ONE!

rach :wink:

Nah, twice is not enough, I say at least 4 times if we can fit it in.

Hey CJ, how's that flue coming along :?: :?: :roll: :lol:

O'h and Rach, how much you want for that footage never to be seen again. :oops:

FeD
25-05-05, 07:37 PM
O'h and Rach, how much you want for that footage never to be seen again. :oops:

:lol: no money at all..... you have no idea what i caught on tape :lol:

FeD
26-05-05, 02:12 PM
belated pics :wink:

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/wiz/Berridale_05/

CJBurnsEsq
26-05-05, 04:43 PM
Maddog, what keeps your springs in? Check pic 121 from Rachel and Whiz.
CJ

mrp69
26-05-05, 04:48 PM
i am pretty sure his springs are able to sit loose when his flexed out

CJBurnsEsq
26-05-05, 04:50 PM
Now all I got to do is figure out how to get that much flex in the Nissan! Dream on says the rest of the world......

mrp69
26-05-05, 04:51 PM
make it easy on yourself and those around BUY A JEEP :evil:

mrp69
26-05-05, 04:52 PM
or just keep dreaming 8O hehehe

BenC
26-05-05, 08:25 PM
Maddog, what keeps your springs in? Check pic 121 from Rachel and Whiz.
CJ

There are 1" tall bump stops on the bottom in addition to the upper bump stops. They aren't really used for anything aside from keeping the spring in there when it's flexing.