PDA

View Full Version : Assistance required for TJ

Bear
28-05-11, 02:13 PM
My name is Robert Martin and I have a Jeep Wrangler TJ model 2000, which has the fold down top and zip up windows on both the driver side and passenger side doors. The zip on the driver side window is faulty and needs either repair or replacement (I am sure this is a common problem). If you could assist with some advice as to my action here, that would be greatly appreciated. As you well know a replacement window is expensive and scrap car dealers do not have.

stevet
28-05-11, 02:45 PM
Got the drivers window re-zipped at Bob's Auto Upholstery, 7/8 Steel St., Blacktown (Had also the rear window repaired ealier), Ph. No.9671-3608.
Around $120.00 as he has to adjust his machine to sew around the steel rim of the window. But got a good discount as well so paid much less than quoted above:):).
Only down side, the new zipper has metal clips thingys', so I taped them up to reduce tinkle sound from it & make sure it's a dry day. Cann't work on it until it's dry........ Does good work as well. I just left the window there at 8.00a.m and picked it back up at 1.00p.m finished....................
The Little Trimmer in Castle Hill will do them as well- Ph. No.9680-1993. Heard nothing bad about his work, but don't know his pricing and I live in Blacktown anyway---Support your local bussiness's, they say....:)...............

Robert Martin
02-06-11, 09:00 AM
Got the drivers window re-zipped at Bob's Auto Upholstery, 7/8 Steel St., Blacktown (Had also the rear window repaired ealier), Ph. No.9671-3608.
Around $120.00 as he has to adjust his machine to sew around the steel rim of the window. But got a good discount as well so paid much less than quoted above:):).
Only down side, the new zipper has metal clips thingys', so I taped them up to reduce tinkle sound from it & make sure it's a dry day. Cann't work on it until it's dry........ Does good work as well. I just left the window there at 8.00a.m and picked it back up at 1.00p.m finished....................
The Little Trimmer in Castle Hill will do them as well- Ph. No.9680-1993. Heard nothing bad about his work, but don't know his pricing and I live in Blacktown anyway---Support your local bussiness's, they say....:)...............

Thanks for your assistance. Paul at Bob's has been able to assist me.

Robert Martin

stevet
02-06-11, 07:52 PM
Thanks for your assistance. Paul at Bob's has been able to assist me.

Robert Martin
No worries but the noises do get to you from the clips. Gonna find some little rubber sleeves to go on sooner or later but the duct tape is working O.K. for the moment so no rush presently....................