PDA

View Full Version : Help buying sleeping Bag

SteveC
01-06-11, 05:05 PM
Hello folks
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice when buying a sleeping bag.
I'm heading south this week and it get pretty cold - though Ill be in bunk bed.
I have a very light weight one at the moment and it left me cold last time, So what do I look for when buying, Naturally it needs to be good but I'm at the budget end
Thanks Guys

Wolfe
01-06-11, 06:04 PM
Roman sleeping bags are good. Try BCF

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Roman-Traveller-Hood-Sleeping-Bag-0%C2%B0.aspx?pid=300132#Description

Dave
01-06-11, 06:23 PM
Hi Steve,

I have 3 bags! All OzTrail - synthetic fill but with a cotton not nylon inner, much more comfortable and less sweaty!

-5 degrees C for camping out in Winter.

0 degrees C for indoors in Winter or camping in Spring / Autumn

And a +10 degrees C for camping in Summer - and it's the bag I will take to the Cape.

My local disposal store sells OzTrail, and from memory I think I paid about $30 (+10), $40 (0) and $50 (-5). They are all about 3 years old.

I always get the wider design bags, and rectangular not mummy shaped (hate feeling cramped up). I also always get a hooded bag for extra warmth, even if I use a pillow.

Hope that helps,
Dave

SteveC
02-06-11, 05:41 PM
Thanks for your help
Bought one today

stevet
02-06-11, 06:02 PM
Buy two bags the same:confused:, then zip together and you have a larger/double sleeping bag..:).......Works for me, plenty of room then....:p....;).....:)..

Sunexim
19-07-11, 05:25 PM
Hi Steve,

I have 3 bags! All OzTrail - synthetic fill but with a cotton not nylon inner, much more comfortable and less sweaty!

-5 degrees C for camping out in Winter.

0 degrees C for indoors in Winter or camping in Spring / Autumn

And a +10 degrees C for camping in Summer - and it's the bag I will take to the Cape.

My local disposal store sells OzTrail, and from memory I think I paid about $30 (+10), $40 (0) and $50 (-5). They are all about 3 years old.

I always get the wider design bags, and rectangular not mummy shaped (hate feeling cramped up). I also always get a hooded bag for extra warmth, even if I use a pillow.

Hope that helps,
Dave
You offered some of the good deals. I am also interested in this, can you please tell me some more offers?
(http://www.sunreclaims.in/)

Dave
19-07-11, 07:54 PM
Hi Sunexim, not sure I understand. I am not a sleeping bag seller, just quoting prices I paid for sleeping bags a couple of years ago.

If you wish to find OzTrail sleeping bags you could check out Amazon Outdoors - here is a link to sleeping bags on their web site http://www.amazonoutdoors.com.au/Product/Sleeping/Sleeping-Bags/OZtrail/OZtrail-Holiday-Series-Sleeping-Bags.

I was surprised to see prices have not changed much. A -5 degree rated bag is still $55.

Otherwise there are heaps of good stores around Sydney that will sell you a good sleeping bag at these kinds of prices, eg Anaconda, Rays Outdoors, BCF...

Hope that helps,

Dave

AussieCJ7
13-08-11, 08:56 PM
If you can find them look for a design that has a foot piece ie instead of top and bottom sewn together there is a extra piece round or square material that makes the bag more like cylinder

had one like that when I was in the services and you get far less twist when your roll over in the night makes for a more comfortable sleep