PDA

View Full Version : JK Handbrake shoes replacement.... Need Help refitting.........

TRBN8R
14-07-11, 09:57 PM
Hi All,

I checked my hand brake shoes after it refused to hold the Jeep however hard i adjust it. The thickness left was less than 2mm.... Took them out and got them rebonded for $55. Very happy now has nice thick pads but cant manage to get them back in. There is two springs on the handbrake actuator side that i cant pull to get in, and the access is restricted by the flange.... is there any special trick or do I have to pull the axle out to gain access to the springs to refit........... Will try to refit them on sunday and post pics if possible...... any advice will be appreciated.......

Mani

aussiejk
15-07-11, 02:11 PM
PM me your details if you get stuck I am a mechanic easy as job for me anyway LOL

TRBN8R
18-07-11, 06:07 PM
Cheers Bear and AussieJK for ur help.... Fitted them today in day light and could see a lot better...... was a bit of a fiddly job but Bear's phone call helped and gave me a direction to move in.... Hand brake all fixed and very happy....... I screwed the adjusting screw to lowest setting and the brake only takes three clicks to hold the car......

Cheers

Mani

PS: Another car joined the LiquiMoly club. This time my wife's Magna with 100Ks got the LiquiMoly 50,000 Km treatment.........