PDA

View Full Version : 9 month wait??

AJ
15-07-11, 07:13 PM
Hey Guys,

I just received this email concering our order of a new 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland which we ordered back on the 18th of March. As you can probably tell by my reply it has been a long wait to this point and to hear that it will be another 4 months is not acceptable.
I've tried to be patient and wait it out and kept telling myself that july isn't that far away but this has just wrecked our spirit :(

What do you guys reckon?

1st Email from dealer:

Hello Andrew,

Good News & Bad News. Please refer to the forwarded message.

Good news is, that you're in the queue. Bad news is, there are others still ahead of you. So sorry about the wait. You've selected a great car (worldwide), we just need to get yours in your driveway. As it is, it doesn't look like your Overland will be here by the 30th and for that I apologize. I'll be sure to update you when I hear more.

forwarded from JEEP Australia:
Hi Kurt,

Unfortunately these are becoming very problematic cars. We are aware that customers have been waiting for quite some time now, but do to the minimal stock we are being allocated we have to go with a first in first served basis. Due to this we have orders since January and February that have not been filled.

We have our fingers crossed that we should be receiving more than 2 (which is what we had been given to allocate over the past 3 months). With this it should hopefully relieve the pressure everyone is enduring due to the short supply on stock.

Please be patient.

Cheers,

2nd Email from dealer:

Hello again Andrew,

Hope that this message finds you well in health and happy in heart J

We just received the following information from Jeep in regards to your order. Due to the overwhelming demand for the Overland worldwide, supply here in Australia is very limited. The earliest possible production date is in August with arrival here in November. We apologize and ask for your understanding as the supply situation is totally beyond our control. I'll keep you in the loop and update ASAP when I know more.

Cheers,

Reply:

Hi Kurt,

How can this be the case? It has already been 5 months of waiting only to find that despite the reassurance that 5 months would be long enough to build,import and deliver a car, that now we will have to wait another 4 months?

I understand from all the information I am receiving from other Jeep Club members and on-line forums that we are not alone in this "CIRCUS" and it would seem that a lot of the problem is out of the dealers hands. BUT if you can remember when we first purchased the car from you, my wife was 9 months pregnant and the whole purpose of the new grand cherokee was to suit our growing family. We didn't mind cramming all our stuff into my wife's little civic assuming it would only be a "few" months. If we had of known that it would take this long our decision would have been different. AND this is coming from a JEEP enthusiast.
I am regularly competing in 4x4 comps representing The Sydney Jeep Club and in a way JEEP as a whole but this whole experience has been very souring. I have tried to wait patiently as I have seen other waiting GC owners complain and carry on, calling state managers, customer service etc etc but still it's like no matter who calls who, nobody has any idea of what's going on?!

To make things worse is to see somebody come to a jeep club meeting with word of their new Overland purchase. Apparently they had no order, just walked in off the street and bought one that the dealer had instock? How is this possible? I thought there was no such thing as dealers putting in dummy orders but it would seam that would be the only way this could happen?

Secondly, one time when I did ring in for an update, I was offered a Black Overland Hemi which would arrive slightly before mine and would I be interested as it would get me in a car earlier..........(ours is Mineral Grey) The catch was that it would have to be used as a Demonstator until just before ours got here so they wouldn't be short of a car to use for future test drives. So to me that meant "would I be interested in a car that isn't the colour you ordered, that would have many test Kms on it, for the same price and you can't have it until a week or two before yours gets here anyway" so we did what most normal people would do and say we would wait for the one we had ordered.
Now to hear that somebody was able to purchase that jeep off you guys without being used as a demonstrator is very frustrating. Especially now our expected delivery is NOVEMBER!! If you had of asked us the question "would you settle for a black car, brand new and you can have it 5 months before yours is expected" I'm sure you would have gotten a different answer from us.

Thirdly I have watched multiple 2011 Grand Cherokee Overlands come and go on CARSALES.COM.AU. As a matter of fact there is one for sale on there at the moment. See :http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?trecs=27&tsrc=allcarhome&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=0&__Ntt=2011&R=10896523&__Qpb=1&__D=2011&silo=1011&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=2011&__No=15&__sid=12EE9B741965&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965086% 204294964951%20898&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&seot=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany

How come you can't get us that one? Bright Silver was our original colour and we would rather take that then wait another 4 months.

Last, another thing that I don't understand is how both the 70th anniversary GC's and CRD GC are now being delivered to customers when they weren't even available yet when we placed our order. I mean they weren't even presented to us as an option yet here they are already on the streets?????? Couldn't those have been spots on the manufacturing line for people that already had existing orders in place?

I apologise for hitting you with this rant, but as you can tell the waiting is starting to take it's toll. I understand that some of the problem may be out of your hands so If you could forward this email on to those that may be concerned it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely
Andrew Levings

PS A copy of this email will be posted on:
SYDNEYJEEPCLUB.COM
AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM.AU
AUSJEEPFORUM.COM
JEEPGARAGE.ORG

Steve F
15-07-11, 07:54 PM
We built a house quicker than that!!!! 9 months is ridiculous. Seems to me that Jeep are taking orders for a product they cant supply, perhaps a premature release to the Australian market. It'll be interesting to see what sort of reply you get but I imagine it isn't going to be good news. I do feel for Jeep Australia though as I'm assuming they didn't know Australia would be put at the bottom of the pile, of course that's no help (or excuse) to those that have ordered and are possibly trying to make do with what they have, or dont have, for 9 months.

Cheers
Steve

AJ
16-07-11, 01:53 PM
Still no reply today ????

AJ
16-07-11, 04:31 PM
Just recieved:

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your reply and for your purchase. So sorry about the delay in getting you your new Jeep L

As you stated in your email, you’re already aware of the drama Jeep is having supplying the Australian market with enough Jeep Overland models. I too, agree that you shouldn’t have to wait nine months for delivery of your new car. Unfortunately though, this is the case with your Overland. Had we known differently before, this would of course have been communicated to you.

At the end of the day Andrew, I still would like the opportunity to deliver you your new Jeep and will make every endeavor to keep you as a customer. If however, you prefer at this point to cancel your order I certainly can appreciate that and will immediately refund your deposit upon request.

I would however like to offer you another choice. As you shared in your letter, you’re aware that there are a few of the 70th Anniversary editions available in dealer stock. Why they chose to make them, and not your car I really don’t know. At this time I can supply you either a silver or black 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition in a 3.6L V6 (one of only 150 vehicles in Australia) which includes the following extras:

1. Silver Anodised instrument panel, console, vent and door release bezels with bright chrome trims
2. Black Lacewood hydrographic instrument panel and door appliqués with satin chrome spear trims
3. 70th Anniversary logo on radio start up and screen logo
4. Unique instrument cluster, Forest Grey background with orange needles
5. Black berber floor mats with chestnut stitching
6. Unique 20” polished aluminum wheels with Mineral Grey pockets
7. Power Sunroof
8. MOPAR mesh grille inserts

If this is of interest to you, give us a call or better yet stop in and test drive one. I’m happy to say that we can include all of your requested accessories on a 70th model for a drive way price of just $........

Again my apologies for the delay. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

AJ
16-07-11, 04:31 PM
Reply:

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your reply.

We appreciate the offer of a 70th anniversary GC but this does not suit our requirements as the Grand Cherokee's fitted with the 3.6L pentastar V6 come with a tow rating well below our requirements. This was one of the main reason's we have chosen the Overland as it was powered by the 5.7L HEMI which suited our needs much better with the higher tow rating.

At this stage we are not willing to cancel our order, It would seem that would only leave us STILL without a new car but also back at the end of the queue which only appears to be getting longer. If you happen to know a dealer that has an Overland currently in stock and could arrange something out with them then that is a different story but the original deal was done with you and we would rather stand by it.

Have you spoken with the state manager about our situation?? I haven't called him/her myself but am very tempted after reading on-line that somebody after hearing that his GC wasn't going to be built until August, he rang up practically jumping up & down until they were able to allocate him one built in JULY?! and he didn't place his order until the 7th of May???? I guess this is the positive and negative of everybody being so connected these days. You are able to know what's going on with everyone, whether you want to or not ????

Let us know if anything changes or there is anything we can do to speed up the process or something else becomes available.

Although I must add that the price on the 70th you have offered, considering that it is lacking so many of the features of an Overland is pretty steep?? considering if you were to add the $5K for the HEMI it's practically the same as what we've agreed on without all the extra's.

Cpage66
16-07-11, 09:02 PM
From what I've been told, Fiat/Chrysler/US Govt have NOT ramped up the lines as needed to keep up with demand. They have the manufacturing space and can easily TRIPLE current output but they can't/won't (take your pick).

rupicon
19-07-11, 09:35 PM
when i went to buy a new tj the dealer said "Yep great cars id love to sell you one but i dont have any"

AJ
20-07-11, 08:56 PM
Just found out that that I'll be getting a MY2012 GC so the one upside of waiting so long is that I'll get the new transmission with an extra gear :) 6 instead of 5 ;)

stevet
20-07-11, 09:19 PM
Just found out that that I'll be getting a MY2012 GC so the one upside of waiting so long is that I'll get the new transmission with an extra gear :) 6 instead of 5 ;)
Sorry, but August, September, October, Novemberrrrrrrrrrrr. +...:confused:..... Still wondering though What are they doing, but if the wait for an extra gear suits, yeah!!!!..:)....... When's the delivery date given??.........

AJ
22-07-11, 12:25 PM
They have no idea what's going on. I would rather have a new Jeep now and not worry about the extra gear but that doesn't look like happening, so have to try and look on the upside.

Original delivery date was 30th July but that's after we were originally told mid April then when we went in to give the deposit it blew out to 30th of July but were told it would probably come in around the end of June ....... NOW 14th of November.

As much as it would have sucked to buy something other than a Jeep I probably would have taken my business elsewhere but there isn't anything that compares in the same price range.

stevet
22-07-11, 07:15 PM
They have no idea what's going on. I would rather have a new Jeep now and not worry about the extra gear but that doesn't look like happening, so have to try and look on the upside.

Original delivery date was 30th July but that's after we were originally told mid April then when we went in to give the deposit it blew out to 30th of July but were told it would probably come in around the end of June ....... NOW 14th of November.

As much as it would have sucked to buy something other than a Jeep I probably would have taken my business elsewhere but there isn't anything that compares in the same price range.
Phew, glad I stopped at Novemberrrrrrrrrrr....:p..........:)........... Enjoy once it get's here....:D.....:).