PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Mud Guard Extentions

redrubi
15-07-11, 08:04 PM
Hunty (because you have them ;D) or anyone else in the know,

Where can I get rubber mud guard extentions????

Cheers

Andy

marcus
15-07-11, 09:47 PM
bush ranger make what is called flexi flares
which is a rubber extension available in 35mm or 55mm

Steve F
15-07-11, 10:08 PM
You can also by a generic rubber guard extension from Clark Rubber, I had it on my XJ for a couple of years with no sagging etc. Cheaper than the bush ranger ones but I think it might be the same stuff.

Cheers
Steve

redrubi
15-07-11, 10:17 PM
Thanks guys,

Sorry Marcus, but according to Kiwi Kev, I'm the tightest bastard he's ever met!(I avoid the M7 because I'm Toll shy)

So I'll probably go with Steve's idea.

Cheers

Andy

reyzor
18-07-11, 09:16 AM
or go to bunnings and grab some garden edging and use that.......

aussiejk
18-07-11, 03:46 PM
guarding edging dose not work... it will taper out and can't screw in.. looks shit

Hunno
18-07-11, 04:59 PM
get some one conveyor belt screw it up with self drilling scews & cut to desired size & shape.Hahahahahahahaha

reyzor
18-07-11, 04:59 PM
have a look at aarons jeep (the gold TJ)............ it not only works, it looks good too

Hunty
23-07-11, 07:14 PM
guarding edging dose not work... it will taper out and can't screw in.. looks shit

Still LMAO - say what you mean and stop beating around the bush LoL you crack me up Aussie JK

I use the bush ranger stick on flare you can get it from most 4x4 suppliers - i notice arb now sell it to

heres why i say its good on a JK;
1. I needed extra coverage to be legal and it does that.
2. When I first did it there was little else available for a jk.
3. Some of the awesome new products available for the JK arnt LoL - ive got mates who have dropped big bux on "Awesome new products" and have broken them on the first occasion they slide into a high sidded rut
4. I have squashed crunched slid on rubbed and bangged my flares so many times I cant count - there still there
5. my heap looks mild not wild with the factory flares and rubber ext and i like that because it doesnt scream out to the boyz in blue look how high im lifted!
6. its cheap!
7. Im waiting to see what will be the best aftermarket alternative and then Ill buy that - and im still waiting
cheers Hunty

redrubi
25-07-11, 09:20 PM
Thanks Hunty!

But Charl says "it isn't the Bushranger Brand ya wally"LOL!

Got it from ARB for $19.95 a metre ($17.95 with club discount) as opposed to Clarke Rubber $21.95 a metre(if any one else is interested).

Cheers

Andy

redrubi
27-07-11, 07:33 PM
Hunty,

Just a quick one!

How did you attach your stick on flares? Screws into the mudguard or bolts through them?

Cheers

Andy

aussiejk
30-07-11, 04:52 PM
have a look at aarons jeep (the gold TJ)............ it not only works, it looks good too

Yeah I saw it on his tj.. I tried it ages ago before his jeep was going.. But the problem is its too rigid for the JK flares and points up into the sky with the under edge of the flare tappers in... kinda hard to explain but trust me in ghey.... PS if anyone wants to try or use the shit i have, by all means try it if works for you good luck but my experience is otherwise different...