PDA

View Full Version : who goes fishing

ick72
17-07-11, 05:55 PM
hi folks we are new members and we would like to know if there are any other fisher persons on here ? we go fishing off jetties and shoreline ( our boat has dead motor and needs to be fixed but money is tight ) ..we travel form sydney down to nowra and north to port stephens . does anybody want to gether together for a fishing day picnic and advise on good areas they know of ..
todd and kirst

Rob&Tanya
17-07-11, 06:12 PM
Hey - just noticed you're in Doonside - so are we. We like fishing but never seem to get the time to do it- and don't know any really good spots so we're also interested if anyone knows any. The only time we get to go fishing is when we visit family up at South West Rocks

ick72
17-07-11, 06:36 PM
yeah we have only just started fishing i did it in my teens sometimes , having trouble finding places in sydney with fish. were over near the station and shops

Bear
17-07-11, 06:56 PM
I used to buy a couple of packets of prawns for bait then head off to Brooklyn and rent a putt-putt motor boat and fish up and down the Hawkesbury. Great place to fish when you get past the catfish. Got zapped by one once, and I can assure you I did not enjoy it. Could be interested in a fishing trip once the weather warms up.

Maybe run a fishing trip as a club day out??

ick72
17-07-11, 07:20 PM
i was thinking of that also (day trip) but wanted insight first

glend
17-07-11, 07:44 PM
My family has been fishing for decades, working our way through a few boats - all built by me. Sold the big boat in December but would like to get back to fishing as well. Fished all the inshore areas from Jarvis Bay up to Southwest Rocks, but prefer Port Stephens. Count me in if we can arrange a day.

marcus
17-07-11, 08:44 PM
yes please
have not been fishing for way too long
windang is a nice spot for a drive to and fish

sfedek
17-07-11, 10:13 PM
That sounds like something to do. Have'nt been fishing for ages. ( have'nt caught anything in ages too)
I am interested

Eddy

Hunno
17-07-11, 10:31 PM
Yep I'm in,
More into fresh water fishing & spinning but any fishing is fishing.
ATM trying to sort out what gear to to take to cape york.

ick72
18-07-11, 12:15 AM
ok ill have a think of some good areas and see what areas are better this time of year and post up a trip ind the right section.

reyzor
18-07-11, 09:01 AM
yeah im a fisho from way back haha....... i sometime work as a deckhand for a mate on a charter boat.... if we can muster up enough interest, we could organise a day trip deep sea..... my advice would be to wait till the weather warms up again..... its far more comfortable.

i would be keen as to do a day tri somewhere close by.....

TRBN8R
18-07-11, 05:40 PM
Can I come 2 watch you guys if u get to arrange a day out.... I have never fished and dont know any thing about fishing but am interested.........

Bear
18-07-11, 06:47 PM
Can I come 2 watch you guys if u get to arrange a day out.... I have never fished and dont know any thing about fishing but am interested.........
Mani all you need to know about fishing is " its a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other."

ick72
18-07-11, 07:13 PM
I was thinking more along the line of shore base to make it more family friendly . Manni any body we be welcome I don't fish much myself as I have to un hook Kirsten fish and I read mags or net while I just relax in the sun shine . Going to check out the area just off the hawksberry bridge near ambo station should be big enough for picnic and a game of catch with kids etc I'll post a trip up in section

stevet
18-07-11, 08:14 PM
Got "banned" from fishing from a private wharf/jetty on the George's River many a year ago. Went out with the daughter of the neighbour who owned it so it was O.K. then. Got "caught-out" not baiting up any hook's at all - had no bait anyway, who want's to be disturbed by some silly fish anyway when you are relaxing , well snoozing really.:o.:). - Had to bring at least one back there after, enough to almost put you off fishing for life..:p........:)..............:).....

reyzor
19-07-11, 10:12 AM
yeah land based, off a boat, in a kayak........ill be there....

aussiejk
29-07-11, 07:19 PM
Stocktan Beach is a great place to go fishing... plus you get some air time off the dunes

sfedek
29-07-11, 08:45 PM
yeah im a fisho from way back haha....... i sometime work as a deckhand for a mate on a charter boat.... if we can muster up enough interest, we could organise a day trip deep sea..... my advice would be to wait till the weather warms up again..... its far more comfortable.

i would be keen as to do a day tri somewhere close by.....

If I go ya gonna have BURLY!

Eddy

redrubi
29-07-11, 11:13 PM
I'm in if we can organise a trip!

Cheers

Andy

ick72
29-07-11, 11:38 PM
still working on the location and facilities for a trip then will post in trips

Bear
29-07-11, 11:40 PM
Stocktan Beach is a great place to go fishing... plus you get some air time off the dunes

Stockton beach is a s**t of a place to fish! You have all these idiots in 4wdrives running up and down the beach. Ruins a good days fishing.

redrubi
29-07-11, 11:47 PM
Yalwal is near a river and a dam! Aussie Bass live in both!

Just an idea!???

Cheers

Andy

ick72
29-07-11, 11:58 PM
there is always boat habour just up from stockton and people who want to drive the dunes can i guess.

Oldboy
13-08-11, 11:54 PM
Haven't been fishing since the end of summer.
But have been doing a bit of land based squiding :)

Last Wednesday, headed out to a location in Port Hacking (land based) and managed a few decent calamari & a cuttlefish.
Just before packing up, I managed to land this monster, and my new personal best, weighing in at 3kg!

https://img.skitch.com/20110812-cqyafbactgjxns1mhw5cc3qjpc.jpg

ick72
14-08-11, 12:44 AM
ummm salt and pepper squid, we've been doing some good fishing off the ettalong end of umina beach...

Gregmk2
15-08-11, 08:06 PM
Be interested if you sort something out. Only fished Wollongong harbour and had a look at Windang, not the same as Carp fishing in uk!