PDA

View Full Version : NSW Rego Q

jbrad
20-07-11, 10:19 PM
My Jeep is coming up for rego change (from Qld to NSW) and I need to get a Blueslip. Can anyone tell me if there is a guide to what is checked on this (quick search on the net says it is "roadworthiness"). I have a crack in the windscreen that I expect will cause some issues and I am also unsure about my tyres. They have heaps of tread on the bottom but there is cuts and chunks out of the sidewalls from low pressure driving. Happy to change the screen, but don't want to replace rubber yet. Is there a tick and flick checklist that I can go over. Don't want to waste time and effort going back and forth to a blueslip agent.

Flatfender
21-07-11, 11:56 AM
Well it would be a bit naughty to borrow a set of wheels for the day - wouldn't it ????

kiwi kev
21-07-11, 12:16 PM
Jason, I reckon give it a go and see what they say ,I have a set of tyres/rims you can borrow (1 rim small dent )
cheers,Kev

jbrad
21-07-11, 10:11 PM
Hey Ian, I may just end up doing that. Kev, thanks very much for the offer. I'll keep you in mind in the next 4 weeks. Like I said, if I have to replace the screen its no big deal with my excess its only $250 so won't break the bank. And the car in general is in pretty good nic for 2 years old.

Jas

dkj33p
27-10-11, 11:00 PM
Hello,

I did this last year and they definitely check the tyre size, you have to use standard. If the jeep is in good condition and pretty standard then it should be okay.

Regards

DKJ33P

onewing
02-11-11, 02:02 PM
Hi a blue slip is a more detailed rego check and some that do them can be very tough, also when you go to get a green slip ''ctp'' you'll be up for around $527 instead of about $310. For some reason they class it as new reg and therefor it's $200+ dearer for the first year that back to normal rate from then on.