PDA

View Full Version : For those headed to the cape

adz1604
31-08-11, 07:23 PM
Not sure if this is were this should be posted
I am currently in Cairns and have been experiencing a littlte overheating issues with jk crd since leaving Sydney mid July. Normally the temp gauge sits just below half but it was raising up to between half and three quarters. Our first major stop anywhere near a jeep dealer was Darwin so rang and notified them and was advised they could look at it in 3 weeks as they were booked. Next phone call was to jeep assist and they told me they could have it towed and a loan car for a max of 5 days ( after that i had to pay ), but could not have it looked at any earlier than was first advised. Our next destination were there was a jeep dealer was Cairns. So a quick phone call to them was made and they put me through to the service manager, symptoms were explained and he said IF we were to bring it to them they would look at it straight away and NOT to let it get over three quarters, he also gave me plenty of things to check.
So Cairns we are and straight to the Dealer it went for a 40,000 Km service new rear brake pads and check out the overheating. The same day they rang back Viscous fan buggered will be fixed under warranty BUT none in the country 3 week wait on a replacement. So phone calls to jeep customer service ( did not want to no me, told me to sort it out with the dealer ) phone calls to jeep assist ( told me i didn't get it towed so ring customer service )
Rang the Cairns dealer straight back and asked if there was anything they could do to help me and they had allready made plans to remove a new unit off a new car on the lot and fit it to vehicle had a courtesy car for us to do some sight seeing and our car was returned 24 hrs later

So any one needing a service/repairs before or after there trip up i could personaly recommend the cairns dealer

Sorry for the rave but it may help someone out

glend
31-08-11, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your fan clutch issues, and glad to see it's resolving. For future reference Hayden Automotive in the US make a severe duty fan clutch unit that will fit the JK CRD VM engine, it's part number 2905. The KJ CRD guys over there have been swapping to the Hayden units when their fan clutches fail. THey won't have a JK CRD in their catalog as they don't sell them over there but the KJ VM engine has the same fan clutch mount, and it also fits the Commander and Grand Cherokee.

http://www.haydenauto.com/New%20Products-New%20Fan%20Clutches/Content.aspx

General Hayden Fan Clutch informaiton:

http://www.haydenauto.com/Featured%20Products-Fan%20Clutches%20and%20Fan%20Blades/Content.aspx

sfedek
31-08-11, 08:27 PM
Its good to see that some people stillwant to help other people out.
I work at a stealership in parts for 20 years & we would sometimes need to do that sort of thing. Sad thing about your situation is that the epople you rang (customer service excuses dept ) should have helped you out with this by organising this for you.
But then again, they are just knobs that sit at a desk away from the real world till they finish work.
Karma WILL ghet then!

Eddy