PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

SteveC
08-09-11, 01:26 PM
Whats the main changes if anything betweet a 2007 and current Jk
I see a 2007 for just $14k

Steve F
08-09-11, 01:32 PM
The 2012 model has a completley revised/refreshed interior.

Cheers
Steve

Miraz
08-09-11, 01:33 PM
There has just been a set of substantial revisions made to the JK for the 2011/12 model year - new interior, new petrol engine + transmission, even more awkward electronics....

stevet
08-09-11, 04:15 PM
Bet you it's High milage and has been a "repairable write-off" in it's time, unless the ex is doing it to pee the other ex off completely...........Lol...............

Miraz
08-09-11, 04:26 PM
It's not out of the ball park for an early base spec JK......3 years ago I found a few 2 dr petrol manuals around the 22k level in mint condition....14k would be about right

aussiejk
08-09-11, 07:40 PM
wow thats cheap... nice cheap more money to spend on mods

stevet
08-09-11, 08:42 PM
It's not out of the ball park for an early base spec JK......3 years ago I found a few 2 dr petrol manuals around the 22k level in mint condition....14k would be about right
2 years ago the cheapest standard auto JK petrol JK I could find Aussie wide was $27000.00ono with about 50,000Km on the clock.... out of the budget..:(.........:).. Then there were the mod's to come after that..:rolleyes:..:)... Who wants ELL Syndrome anyway???....... ( epileptic left leg syndrome).... A manual driver's condition..:p.........:D......:).

Miraz
08-09-11, 08:48 PM
I paid $31k new for a crd auto with $3k of options on it....maybe we were looking in different places?

stevet
08-09-11, 10:42 PM
I paid $31k new for a crd auto with $3k of options on it....maybe we were looking in different places?
Where were you back then....... lol.............

SteveC
09-09-11, 10:08 AM
I think there are great bargains for buyers of most things at the moment, You'd be surprised at what you can secure one now.
Actually hanging out for a CRD ones maybe next year, Are the CRD better than petrol?

aussiejk
09-09-11, 10:34 AM

how did you get one that cheap... omg my friend picked hers up for 37k no extra's

stevet
09-09-11, 11:12 AM
I think there are great bargains for buyers of most things at the moment, You'd be surprised at what you can secure one now.
Actually hanging out for a CRD ones maybe next year, Are the CRD better than petrol?
Donn't forget, there are some good TJ's available out there as well......... pretty well set-up to.....lol........

Paul-JK
09-09-11, 04:50 PM

I would say the CRD are better than the petrol but I might be biased seeing that I have the CRD.

Petrol would be mandatory of course if you want the Rubicon and if you are a die hard manual fan then it might still be worth considering a non-Rubicon petrol as the manual diesels seem to be developing an expensive appetite for clutches. Diesel auto is considered by many to be the best combination. That's what I've got and I love it. If you are thinking of getting a diesel auto then it might be worth hanging out for an '08 onwards model (so not an '07) as the auto version got an extra 50Nm torque in '08.

I like the way the CRD drives and I think the torquey engine suits the JK but others may disagree. It also probably depends on the driving you're going to do with it. If you're doing a lot of km's then the CRD will be better on fuel. If you're not doing many km's then it might not matter as much.

glend
09-09-11, 05:01 PM
Eddy has driven the new JK Unlimited CRD (the one that just finished the Simpson Crossing for a Jeep promotional trip), it's been getting serviced at his shop at Parramatta. Anyway he was saying (at the SJC meeting) its a much improved version of his. He particulalry liked the Mercedes auto 5 speed box (for the ability to lock it in any gear or let it fend for itself) and the increased power over his manual. He also said the new interior was a good improvement.

SteveC
09-09-11, 05:46 PM
Eddy has driven the new JK Unlimited CRD (the one that just finished the Simpson Crossing for a Jeep promotional trip), it's been getting serviced at his shop at Parramatta. Anyway he was saying (at the SJC meeting) its a much improved version of his. He particulalry liked the Mercedes auto 5 speed box (for the ability to lock it in any gear or let it fend for itself) and the increased power over his manual. He also said the new interior was a good improvement.

That sounds Good Glen. I wonder if there are any specs or images to be found yet?