PDA

View Full Version : Ok where can I wash my muddy rig

SKIZZI
18-09-11, 08:55 PM
So I drove past my local DIY carlovers and it's closed down. Anyone know of a similar establishment around the north shore or city...
Cheers
Greg

SKIZZI
19-09-11, 12:06 AM
Found the carwash next to hooters at rosehill. car is cleanish again :)

Cpage66
19-09-11, 05:59 AM
Found the carwash next to hooters at rosehill. car is cleanish again :)

About 10 of us got run out of there one evening coming back from a run by the owner a few years back. He didn't like mud clogging his drains. Haven't been back since.

AussieCJ7
19-09-11, 08:36 AM
I also found the Turramura one closed ended up going down to Warriewood in the industrial park at the end of monavale road

It has got too hard to use them these days with them closing down, next time that super cheap has those Chinese petrol driven high pressure washer on special I am going to grab one, they are about $400 but often come on special for $200 odd

Paul-JK
20-09-11, 08:43 AM
ended up going down to Warriewood in the industrial park at the end of monavale road

It has got too hard to use them these days with them closing down, next time that super cheap has those Chinese petrol driven high pressure washer on special I am going to grab one, they are about $400 but often come on special for $200 odd

That's the one I usually use (beside the KFC on Ponderosa Parade) as I only live 2 minutes from there. I've got a pressure washer at home but I usually stop at the car wash on the way home and knock the worst of the mud off and then wash it properly at home.

aussiejk
22-09-11, 09:54 PM
If your coming from zig zag or up that way from a day out there is a united servo at north Richmond they don't really care about the mud and stuff there as the locals always wash out there utes horse floats etc there

Nekked
24-09-11, 09:12 AM
I use rosehill every week. The guy just laughs when i pull in and always comments that i could not pay him enough to wash my car and always wished me luck.

SteveC
25-09-11, 12:40 PM
Those masso wash attachment for the garden hose are fantastic. About $30. Amazingly good. Just wash it on grass

stevet
25-09-11, 05:42 PM
The two car washes in Kings Park (Blacktown) have no issue's with 4wd's at all using their place's..... The one off Sunnyholt Rd (behind KFC etc area), has a bay designed for 4wd use. It has a raised/railed ( about 6 feet up) walkway along one side wall, so raised rig's have no issue's about getting to their roof's, with slightly longer brush etc for reach...................

Nekked
26-09-11, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know of any that have an under car wash? The only one i know of is up at rainbow beach QLD. a bit too far to travel...

Cpage66
27-09-11, 09:28 PM
Does anyone know of any that have an under car wash? The only one i know of is up at rainbow beach QLD. a bit too far to travel...

Carwash at Arndell Park has a pit, but you have to book in and reserve it. I've had my HEEP over it a couple of times when it was REALLY muddy. Bit of a hassle but they do a great job.

Nekked
28-09-11, 10:55 PM
Carwash at Arndell Park has a pit, but you have to book in and reserve it. I've had my HEEP over it a couple of times when it was REALLY muddy. Bit of a hassle but they do a great job.

sweet thanx

Cpage66
29-09-11, 06:01 AM
sweet thanx

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/arndell-park-truck-4wd-and-car-wash/arndell-park