PDA

View Full Version : This Anzac long weekend - Trips?

BenC
19-04-05, 10:13 AM
I'm keen to do a bit of wheeling this long weekend. I know we have the Menai cleanup on Sunday, and intend on being there, but does anyone want to do anything either the Saturday or Monday as well?

Antz
19-04-05, 11:21 AM
I can't make the clean up on the Sunday so I would be keen for a drive on one of the other days. How about a Watagans run, I dont really know the area that well but would be willing to have a go up there.

BenC
19-04-05, 11:25 AM
Yeah wattagans rope road would be good, on Monday perhaps?

Antz
19-04-05, 11:45 AM
Monday's good for me.

Meet at Thornleigh Macca's at 9:00am?

Anyone else?

Jaffas
19-04-05, 12:06 PM
I'll be away camping this weekend, but I hope you guys enjoy your drives :)

sir_camel
19-04-05, 12:52 PM
Rope Rd on Monday sounds pretty good. Crazy trail that one is. Definatly B+. I'm 50/50

BenC
19-04-05, 12:56 PM
Bring on the crazyness I say.

Just a thought, who's going to show us where to go?

ann
19-04-05, 01:28 PM

Jeff of course. 8)

sir_camel
19-04-05, 03:42 PM

I went there once before with DirtJeep. Was over a year ago now so i won't be heaps good apart from the occasional ah i recognise this or that. Maybe send him a message and see if he's keen.

TIGGER
19-04-05, 04:06 PM

I went there once before with DirtJeep. Was over a year ago now so i won't be heaps good apart from the occasional ah i recognise this or that. Maybe send him a message and see if he's keen.

I went through a while back with DJ too - i gotta say there are some very difficult sections on that track - we had to winch the last rock and i've heard it's even tougher now. Probably the most overgrown track i've ever been on too (i hope you like pinstripes).

i would love to make it but im busy all this weekend... :roll:

Jeff
19-04-05, 04:10 PM
If I'm sober enough to make it, I'm keen.

BenC
20-04-05, 10:20 AM
I don't really want to go up there if we don't have a guide, as I've heard you can be driving for hours to find one good obstacle if you don't know where you're going?

Dorzun
20-04-05, 12:43 PM
I don't think i'd get a leave pass for the whole day so looks like I'm out for any playtime on monday.

I might shoot over to winchbreak and have a bit of a play around the top though.

sir_camel
20-04-05, 02:28 PM
I don't think i'd get a leave pass for the whole day so looks like I'm out for any playtime on monday.

I might shoot over to winchbreak and have a bit of a play around the top though.Theres a pretty big Outerlimits Trip there on monday

sir_camel
20-04-05, 02:30 PM
I don't really want to go up there if we don't have a guide, as I've heard you can be driving for hours to find one good obstacle if you don't know where you're going?
We could do the trail we did on Jeff's trip and where we turned around at the big hill keep on going. That climb looks fun but never been over the hill so dunno wats on the other side

chrispy
20-04-05, 02:46 PM
We could do the trail we did on Jeff's trip and where we turned around at the big hill keep on going. That climb looks fun but never been over the hill so dunno wats on the other side

"That hill" is very degraded now. It's been dug out so badly by idiots with big tyres and lifts and no conscience. The first time we went up there (the infamous winch incident on a certain red TJ) we all got up - including the WJ and an XJ, but it was a lot of work and really shouldn't have been attempted in that car. Last trip (Jeff's infamous "it's a C-grade") we got to the hill and no-one would have made it without further damaging the track. Even if you could make it, you guys really need to think how that sort of attempt is going to look to the locals - who want us out of there. Beyond the big obstacles and just around the bend is flat road all the way out anyway.

BenC
20-04-05, 03:07 PM
OK I think I've got myself sorted for trips now.

Saturday Appin
Sunday Menai
Monday I might give a miss. 3 days in a row of wheeling is probably asking to break something ;)

sir_camel
20-04-05, 03:49 PM
Ok just got directions from dirtjeep on where rope rd is. Still not 100% if i am up or not tho. Maybe we can pencil ina reccie trip in a few weeks??

Antz
20-04-05, 04:09 PM
Never been to the good bits at the Watagans, really want to go sometime.

You still got some time off camel? I'd be keen for a reccie.

sir_camel
20-04-05, 05:06 PM
Never been to the good bits at the Watagans, really want to go sometime.

You still got some time off camel? I'd be keen for a reccie.

This is my last week of holidays and have busy days till the end. Could have gone today tho. Maybe friday NEXT week??? Maybe

mrp69
21-04-05, 11:02 AM
keen for a run on any of those days guys.

Doing Appin Sat
Menai - Sun

Mon - ???

TheBeast
21-04-05, 11:16 PM
Monday is a good day lets go :D I'm up for this if I dont get called for work :roll:

sir_camel
22-04-05, 12:15 AM
No go for monday for me.

wazzel
22-04-05, 09:20 AM
Hi Guys...
I am a new member... I just got rid of my wrangler for a 2.5L Turbo Diesel Cherokee due to a new arrival in the family, I am keen on taking it out for a day to see how far I can push it (I was really impressed with the wrangler as it out performed other 4x4 on my past trips ). What do I need to join you guys?

Antz
22-04-05, 10:19 AM
Hi wazzel,

You are welcome to come on a club trip as a visitor to get a feel for the club. Check the calendar for trips and what you need.

If you want to join, just come to one of the club meetings

The Sydney Jeep Club meets at 7:30pm on the first Wednesday of each month at:

Suburban 4WD Accessories
Unit 1/3 Grex Ave
Minchinbury.

Hope to see you out there.