PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Corner State Forest 08.10.11

D.K.
28-09-11, 09:09 AM
Mani's Mt Airlie trip booked up fast so i thought id post up a trip to somewhere else on the same day. (Mani is cool with this btw).

The trip is suitable for less experienced drivers but even if you are a seasoned driver it is a great drive.
Depending on the time at the end of the track at Turon Gates we could avoid the Capertee highway back to Lithgow by going through Baal Bone FT and then Blackfellows FT into the back of Zigzag.

Just in case anybody has an intense dislike of Jap vehicles i will be in my Pootrol :(, as the Heap is in the workshop for some TLC before the summer kicks in. (Im getting cabin fever and gotta get out)

Where -- Sunny Corner Area
When -- Saturday, 8th October
Meet -- Lithgow Servo at turnoff to Lake Lyall , Corner of GWH and Magpie Hollow Rd
Time -- 8:30 am
Grade -- C, C+ option
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.

Further info contact --- Dave K 0434 848 482

Attending:

1. Dave @ D.K.
3. Nekked
4. Oldboy @ Oldboy
5. Rainman @ Rainman
6. Mate of Nekked

sfedek
28-09-11, 10:13 AM
Please put me down for this one D.K.

I was on th Mt Airly trip but have pulled out in favour of this one.

Thanks

Eddy

Nekked
28-09-11, 09:11 PM
Im in...! Looking forward to it, since your bringing the Nissan, I have a mate that needs to christen his new car and mods, is this an open event? We may find a place and camp for the night also.

Cheers Alex

D.K.
28-09-11, 10:49 PM
I have a mate that needs to christen his new car and mods, is this an open event? We may find a place and camp for the night also.

Cheers Alex

Hi Alex,
Remember it is first and foremost an SJC trip so no it is not an "open" event whatever that means. Everybody knows i drive a Jeep and it is my prefered wheeling vehicle, but that doesnt mean it is open to other non-jeeps. Having said that i cant see a reason why your mate cant attend as a visitor providing he has proper rated recovery points and is a responsible wheeler and providing the trip doesnt fill up with SJC members. Im sure i will be corrected if i am wrong :o.

Cheers

Dave

kiwi kev
29-09-11, 11:56 AM
been thinking about that route also, im off overseas that day, bugger

D.K.
29-09-11, 01:25 PM
been thinking about that route also, im off overseas that day, bugger

No worries mate. Theres a big hill further west that will be a hoot to drive sometime (cardiac hill, my name for it). Will keep you in the loop.

Oldboy
29-09-11, 11:07 PM
Put me down for this please.

rainman
01-10-11, 06:27 PM
Put me down as well please.
Rein.

Nekked
02-10-11, 11:31 PM
Hi Alex,
Remember it is first and foremost an SJC trip so no it is not an "open" event whatever that means. Everybody knows i drive a Jeep and it is my prefered wheeling vehicle, but that doesnt mean it is open to other non-jeeps. Having said that i cant see a reason why your mate cant attend as a visitor providing he has proper rated recovery points and is a responsible wheeler and providing the trip doesnt fill up with SJC members. Im sure i will be corrected if i am wrong :o.

Cheers

Dave

Sounds perfect, cheers mate

jeep_jk112
03-10-11, 04:13 PM
i done this trip over the long weekend, was great fun albeit the amount of rain and the 2 toyotas that got stuck at 3 in the afternoon in a bog hole at the end of the baal bone track. the mighty jeep managed to pull the surf out, but the 80 series was "stuck in the mud" spent hours fruitlessly trying to pull him free
We had to resort to getting a heavy recovery truck in to pull him out the next day, luckily we were only 100mtrs from wolgan rd
Just to let you guys know There's a big road block on the Wolgan Road end of Blackfella's hands cave road too so ppl either need to take their chainsaw with some time to spend or use the Beecroft track to exit and enter from wolgan Rd end.
If you want to see the pics check this link out:
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/new-south-wales/14052-zig-zag-mt-walker-camping-long-weekend-3.html

kiwi kev
05-10-11, 04:52 PM
can someone post /give the GPS for start and finish , I cant make this trip-as overseas, but happy to run another one before xmas if DK dosent want to do it again in a hurry , cheers Kev

D.K.
05-10-11, 05:25 PM
can someone post /give the GPS for start and finish , I cant make this trip-as overseas, but happy to run another one before xmas if DK dosent want to do it again in a hurry , cheers Kev

Hi Kev,

If you can beg, borrow or steal the Boiling Billy Productions book "4wd tracks around sydney" it has a detailed section on "Sunny Corner". with GPS co-ords.

Dave

Nekked
05-10-11, 09:17 PM
Sorry DK and everyone, I will have to pull out of this one, as a place came available in the Mt airlie run and te missus would prefer to do that trip... Cheers guys, have fun.

D.K.
06-10-11, 09:09 AM
Sorry DK and everyone, I will have to pull out of this one, as a place came available in the Mt airlie run and te missus would prefer to do that trip... Cheers guys, have fun.

No worries mate , have a great trip.

It looks like just the 4 of us then.
Thats 8.30 for a 8.45 am kick off at the Lake Lyall Turnoff the GWH (as described)

Nekked
06-10-11, 12:23 PM
Sorry for the confusion guys, and for all the in, out, in, out screwing around ;) but i am now back in, +1 extra vehicle if this is still alright with everyone? yes he has all the approved recovery equipment and Radio, he is well aware that this is a Jeep Club event and will be respectful of our rules and club policies.

We may camp the night somewhere after the trip, so if anyone is also interested in joining us feel free to. The more the Merrier.

Alex

sfedek
07-10-11, 10:05 AM
Looks like I have to bail on this one guys. Cant even do the 4WD action mag trip with the XJ this weekend in Lithgow.

Hope the weather holds out for you all.

Have fun

Eddy

Nekked
07-10-11, 06:04 PM
Is the trip still on? My mate and i are meeting at Richmond Maccas at 6:45, for a 7am departure to get to Lithgo on time. So if anyone else is keen for breakfast and join us on the drive out there feel free to.

See you all at the turn off at 8:30

Alex 0451 264 030

rainman
07-10-11, 08:19 PM
will see you at Richmond macas.
should have bought that set of mud tires on Ausjeep.

Nekked
07-10-11, 08:29 PM
I wish I had some middies also, 6 week wait for my rims. Cannot wait for the bigger tyres either

D.K.
07-10-11, 11:38 PM
See you guys tomorrow morning at lithgow

Hunno
08-10-11, 12:47 AM
Trip register! Please don't forget and safe travels

Oldboy
08-10-11, 01:56 AM
Sorry guys, have to bail.
A family matter has cropped up.

Sorry for the late notice.

Wolfe