PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lyel - NOW 25th of June

Steve F
09-05-05, 07:26 PM
I'm looking at running another trip up to Lake Lyel on Saturday the 25th of June if anyone is interested. It'll be a C+ grade trip and has some good loose climbs and a bit of everything scenery wise.

Vehicle Requirements
You'll need a recovery point front and rear
Snatch strap and shackles if needed to attach it to the recover points

Times and places
Departing @ 7:00am Thornleigh Maccas
Departing @ 8:00am Richmond Maccas (if required)
Departing @ 9:30am Shell servo at Bowenfels (Go through Lithgow, turn left on to the Hwy and travel a few KM's up the road, you'll see it on the right)

If you're interested let me know here so I can confirm it'll be on.

Cheers
Steve

Attendees so far:

Me
Cpage66 +Xtrail
Jeep62
Rob (KJ)
Jaffas

Cpage66
09-05-05, 09:36 PM
We're in...and we might have an X-trail to tag along that day as well if that's okay... :?:

Steve F
10-05-05, 07:58 AM
We're in...and we might have an X-trail to tag along that day as well if that's okay... :?:

No problem with the tag-along as long as it can make it up the climbs, particularily that rocky one after the boghole and the final climb up through the pine forest. Do they have low range? I think it'll be struggling otherwise and ground clearance maybe a problem.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
10-05-05, 08:12 AM

No problem with the tag-along as long as it can make it up the climbs, particularily that rocky one after the boghole and the final climb up through the pine forest. Do they have low range? I think it'll be struggling otherwise and ground clearance maybe a problem.

Cheers
Steve

I was looking at it the other night and it's got decent clearance PLUS a two speed transfer case. That surprised me as I thought they were high range only. Good skid plates and he's an experienced off roader as well which never hurts! :wink:

Steve F
10-05-05, 08:40 AM

Cheers
Steve

I was looking at it the other night and it's got decent clearance PLUS a two speed transfer case. That surprised me as I thought they were high range only. Good skid plates and he's an experienced off roader as well which never hurts! :wink:

Sounds good then, so 3 of us so far.

Cheers
Steve

Jaffas
10-05-05, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I'm probably keen if its in June Steve. I think that weekend I am playing soccer on Sunday, so can probably make the Saturday trip... have to check.

TIGGER
10-05-05, 12:54 PM
Steve i'm still keen +1, but too early to say -

orrr
12-05-05, 02:42 PM
Hi Steve, add me in too ... thanks

Cpage66
13-05-05, 04:44 PM
Okay...Change ours. X-Trail people have decided to ride with us and check it out. So I'll have 5 in the WJ...

Steve F
13-05-05, 04:49 PM
Okay...Change ours. X-Trail people have decided to ride with us and check it out. So I'll have 5 in the WJ...

Done.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
14-06-05, 04:27 PM
Just bringing this to the top as a reminder for anyone who wasn't sure if they could make it when I posted this trip way back when ;)

Cheers
Steve

Heifer-Boy
14-06-05, 06:43 PM
Hi Steve,

Can we join the trip too? Love to come along and C+ sounds perfect.

Cheers,
HB

DVL12H
14-06-05, 07:48 PM
what time do u think we would be back in sydney???

Steve F
14-06-05, 08:06 PM
Hi Steve,

Can we join the trip too? Love to come along and C+ sounds perfect.

Cheers,
HB

Sure, I'll add you to the list.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
14-06-05, 08:07 PM
what time do u think we would be back in sydney???

Last time we finished up about 3:30ish at Lithgow but it really depends on the vehicles and numbers. Hopefully by about 5:30-6:00ish though.

Cheers
Steve

DVL12H
15-06-05, 06:58 PM
thats me out unfortunately... i gotta be at work by 4...

sir_camel
17-06-05, 02:01 PM
I am probably up for this. Cant be back in Syd much later than 530 tho.

Cpage66
17-06-05, 06:48 PM
I am probably up for this. Cant be back in Syd much later than 530 tho.

This is a pretty good run...You'll get back in time...I think :lol:

Jaffas
18-06-05, 03:51 PM
Steve, you can move me from possible to attendee. Which way you going from thornleight to Richmond? I might pick up up on windsor rd or at Richmond. don't really feel like going to thornleigh only to back track.

Cpage66
18-06-05, 04:15 PM
Okay...the X-Trail is back on as an attending vehicle. We get to see it scrape over the erosion mounds! :lol:

Steve F
18-06-05, 05:10 PM
Steve, you can move me from possible to attendee. Which way you going from thornleight to Richmond? I might pick up up on windsor rd or at Richmond. don't really feel like going to thornleigh only to back track.

We'll go from the Maccas at Thornleigh on to the M2 and out to Richmod that way I think. Easier to keep a convoy on the major roads. So yeah we could see you on Windsor road or at Maccas at Richmond, although if we dont need to pick anyone up there we wont stop there. Where is everyone planning on joining the group ?

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
18-06-05, 05:12 PM
Okay...the X-Trail is back on as an attending vehicle. We get to see it scrape over the erosion mounds! :lol:

Make sure he's got somewhere to attach a strap, and has a strap etc ;) he might need a few gentle tugs over some of the mounds etc.

Cheers
Steve

chrispy
18-06-05, 05:34 PM
Looks like we have freed up our day Steve - so please count Jenny and I in at this stage. :)

Cheers
Chris

Steve F
18-06-05, 05:37 PM
Looks like we have freed up our day Steve - so please count Jenny and I in at this stage. :)

Cheers
Chris

Done.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
18-06-05, 09:37 PM

Make sure he's got somewhere to attach a strap, and has a strap etc ;) he might need a few gentle tugs over some of the mounds etc.

Cheers
Steve

Already done...LOL! I went by the turnoff to Lake Lyel yesterday and it looked like it might have snowed up there overnight (last night). Already chilly up there! :lol: We'll meet ya'll at the servo at the turnoff if that's okay around 9:30ish???

Steve F
19-06-05, 08:02 AM

Cheers
Steve

Already done...LOL! I went by the turnoff to Lake Lyel yesterday and it looked like it might have snowed up there overnight (last night). Already chilly up there! :lol: We'll meet ya'll at the servo at the turnoff if that's okay around 9:30ish???

Sounds good, a little snow would be nice :) I'm hoping to leave the servo at 9:30 since theres a few that need to get back by 5:00-5:30 so give me a call if your running late.

Number is 0438 227 076

Cheers
Steve

TIGGER
20-06-05, 09:19 AM
can't make it this weekend anymore.
:?

sir_camel
20-06-05, 10:39 PM
Since my Jeep is rooted i give myself slim to no chance this weekend. :(

Jaffas
21-06-05, 08:46 PM

We'll go from the Maccas at Thornleigh on to the M2 and out to Richmod that way I think. Easier to keep a convoy on the major roads. So yeah we could see you on Windsor road or at Maccas at Richmond, although if we dont need to pick anyone up there we wont stop there. Where is everyone planning on joining the group ?

Cheers
Steve

Think it will be easiest if we go to Richmond Maccas. But I'll have the UHF on, so give us a yell on Channel 15 (or what ever channel u going to use)as you get near and we will just pick you up as you go past, no need to make it an extended stop.

chrispy
22-06-05, 11:39 AM
Dang. Sorry Steve.... we won't be on this one. We have commitments down at Omaroo that we have to see to this weekend.

Have a good time :)

Cheers

Heifer-Boy
22-06-05, 04:05 PM
Sorry Steve but we have to pull the pin too. Maybe next time.

HB

Steve F
22-06-05, 10:02 PM
No problem guys, your loss ;)

Snow predicted up at Lithgow tomorrow, could be a cold trip on Saturday :) UHF Channel will be 15.

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
22-06-05, 10:42 PM
i so wanna come :(

Jaffas
23-06-05, 12:06 PM
Snow predicted up at Lithgow tomorrow, could be a cold trip on Saturday :)

Bit of snow never hurt anyone, will be fun!... unless the rain washesit all away...

orrr
23-06-05, 05:48 PM
Hi Steve ... sorry I can't go too, just
got some urgent job to do ... have fun

jeep62
24-06-05, 06:07 PM
just to confirm that I will see u all at the servo in lithgow

Steve F
24-06-05, 07:03 PM
Sounds good, you have my mobile right, and UHF on 15 :)

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
24-06-05, 07:26 PM
And we'll see ya'll at the servo as well! :lol:

Steve F
24-06-05, 08:01 PM
Cool, so they'll be at least 4 vehicles most likely 6. If I remeber last time we had six and it was perfect, enough room for us all to stop and watch the nxt guy :) Should be a fun day.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
25-06-05, 07:30 PM
Had a great time everyone!!!! We'll get our pics loaded sometime Sunday...
(I haven't even looked at them yet...)

Steve F
25-06-05, 07:45 PM
Couple of quick ones :)

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album457/aaa.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album457/aac.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album457/aab.jpg

Also like to thank everyone for coming

Cheers
Steve

jeep62
25-06-05, 08:37 PM
Thanks Steve
For a great introduction to jeeping.Thank you also to everyone on the trip for making me welcome.
Kindest Regards
Keven

Steve F
26-06-05, 02:44 PM
The rest of the few pics I took are here http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/gallery/album457

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
26-06-05, 03:59 PM
How did your new suspension go Steve??

Steve F
26-06-05, 06:16 PM
How did your new suspension go Steve??

I was very happy with it, firmer than the previous setup but plenty of flex. Hopefully some more pics will get posted soon so I can have a better look though :) Tyres are letting me down now though so some muds are due in the next 4-6 weeks hopefully :)

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album418/aaf.sized.jpg

Not sure what the rear was up to here, need to see some pics from the back really :(

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album418/aag.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
26-06-05, 11:40 PM
http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/My-03-Grand-Cherokee-Laredo-V8/lyel/?g2_page=1

The few the wife took...

Jaffas
28-06-05, 10:57 AM
Sorry I missed it guys - have some lil things I need to fix on Jeep that I didin't realise would be a problem...

Looks like a great trip. Will have to go again once my jeep is fit for duty!!