PDA

View Full Version : BLACK RAT CHALLENGE - 11th/12th June

BenC
11-05-05, 10:34 AM
I've managed to get an invite for our club for this event. This is a 2 day event with 8 stages.

It's an individual event, as such we don't need a 'team' but we'll all be competing for the club.

Stages will include funkhana style events as well as stages set out in traditional competition format.

All vehicles must be registered and insured.

Contact me for more details if you'd like to come watch or drive. 0438 125000. Entries need to be in by 20th May, so we don't have a lot of time.

TIGGER
11-05-05, 11:51 AM
Where is it being held ben?

BenC
11-05-05, 11:52 AM
Woodpecker site. You driving?

TIGGER
11-05-05, 01:31 PM
Am I driving? I don't think so dude. Maybe if I had a spare few thousand to get my jeep up to spec.

I might drive out to watch though :lol:

Is the course similar to woodpecker?

BenC
11-05-05, 01:35 PM
Nah from what I can see, there are a mix of funkhana events like they had at J5 where you might have to speed around buckets and weave in and out of garages at speed, then there's the traditional competition style hill climbs, rock events etc. The forms say that they aren't as hard as Woodpecker itself though.

ann
11-05-05, 01:36 PM
Jason, you could drive it. Its a fun event not full competition or anything.

"The 8 driving events will be held on Saturday & Sunday, and they will be a mixture of Funkhana type tracks and a few harder ones as well, but this will not be a Nissan Trials or Woodpecker type event, the tracks will not be that hard, we don?t want to see anyone destroy their vehicle, the aim of this event is a friendly get together that?s not to be taken to seriously."

All you need are back and front recovery points and fire extinguisher securely fitted to the vehicle.

TIGGER
11-05-05, 01:43 PM
we don?t want to see anyone destroy their vehicle

Well it sounds like fun then! I could be keen. 8)

BenC
11-05-05, 01:48 PM
If anyone wants to drive, they'll need to get the entry form off me, pay the club, have everything back to me before 20th.

By the 20th I need to get a cheque and a copy of the club's insurance policy to OnAll4s.

Just a note, even spectators aren't allowed to this event unless they're from a club that has been invited. So please keep this in mind.

mrp69
11-05-05, 01:53 PM
I am definetly intrested in this Ben!

BenC
13-05-05, 02:42 PM
What, noone else want to do this? :(

It's a great opportunity to get into a soft competition and mix with other clubs. Will probably be similar to J5, and Jeff can tell you how much fun that was as a first taste of competition style driving. We need to get away from this 'snob' club image.

I need to have entries and spectators finalised by early next week. If you don't pre-book your spectating, you won't be able to come. Spectators are limited to invited clubs only and have to be pre-booked along with competitors.

TIGGER
13-05-05, 03:43 PM
ben count me in. I'll call you about the forms etc.

i just need a navi now.... wiz?

TIGGER
13-05-05, 03:44 PM
Hang on a second... isn't that the same weekend as JAD? :?

Was planning on going to that

BenC
13-05-05, 03:47 PM
Uhh is JAD even happening? Every time I hear about it, I hear it's not finalised etc etc. :roll:

Send me your email address if you're still keen.

TIGGER
13-05-05, 03:56 PM
Yeah dude, JAD is happening!

There's a thread on Ausjeep about it. I think i'll be going there instead :?

My email is jason@messy.com.au anyways

ACJ
13-05-05, 07:07 PM
Is this still on ?
what sort of spec dose the car need to be in
and how much?

Antz
14-05-05, 01:12 AM
Any other info, I couldn't find mention of this anywhere.

I'm interested in having a go if someone wants to sit in the passenger seat. I'm not exactly sure what is involved though.

Antz
14-05-05, 04:47 PM
Sounds good from the info Ben sent me, I'm willing to go, anyone else interested?

BenC
14-05-05, 06:21 PM
Is this still on ?
what sort of spec dose the car need to be in
and how much?

Yep it's definately still on

I get the impression that a moderately modified vehicle could enter in the 'Standard' or 'Modified' class. Unfortunately I'll be in the 'Outlaw' class :oops:

Costs are as follows:

Vehicle Entry Fee - One competitor $50
Additional driver (if someone else wants to compete in your car) $10
Additional adults (non driving) $5
Dinner on Sat night $17p.p

You can also pre-purchase event t-shirts in any size for $35.

Forward me your email address if you'd like to come watch or compete and I'll pass you all the detail..

As I've kept on saying, we'll need to get all competitors and spectators forms in and a cheque from the Club Treasurer, along with a copy of our public liability insurance off to the organisers BEFORE the 20th May. That's this Friday. So we need to move fast. Anyone who wants to have a go is welcome to compete in this one. My understanding is that the comps will be similar to J5, but there will be 8 'stages' and they will be probably a notch or two up the difficulty scale from J5 events. At a guess, I'd say there will be different tracks in each stage for the different classed vehicles.

Don't forget to organise yourself a spotter (preferably from the club) if you don't already have one. Any non-club members must become members before the event. I'll be talking to Dave about this when he gets back from overseas.

If anyone wants to talk to me in person, call me on 0438 125000.

Antz
14-05-05, 06:44 PM
Classes are as follows;

Standard Class: 33inch tyres max, 2inch lift combination of suspension and/or body lift , no lockers or shimmed limited slip diffs no limited slip front diffs, no wheel spacers allowed, the engine must be no larger than 1 litre over standard, an after market turbo or blower is OK on Diesels only, no changes to gearing allowed. Vehicle must have the original suspension configuration & links.

Modified Class: 35 inch tyres max, 6 inch combination of suspension and/or body lift, , no wheel spacers are allowed, diff locks allowed, any engine conversion, Vehicle must have the original suspension configuration & links.

Open Class: Any tyre size up to 44 inch any amount of lift, any suspension modification as long as it is road legal, diff locks allowed, wheel spacers allowed, no 4 wheel steer, no hydraulic suspension, no skid steer.

Dorzun
16-05-05, 09:15 AM
Bugger JAD, I'm for this, but.....

With the way things are going with the CJ I don't want to put my hand up and have to pull at the last minute.

If anyone needs a spotter I am more than willing to play runner.

If things get really desoperate I could always put the KJ in I guess. Or use CJ's pootrowl.

BenC
16-05-05, 10:19 AM
I believe Antz and Pavlo are looking for spotters.

Dunno if they want to use you after seeing your efforts navigating Wiz in the wombat holes at Nissan Trials :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

mrp69
16-05-05, 10:34 AM
yeah definetly still need a spotter if anyone is intrested

BenC
16-05-05, 11:55 AM
Just trying to finalise an amount for Mark to make a cheque out for. My understanding is as follows.

Competitor vehicles = 3 (Ben, Antz, Pavlo)

Additional drivers = 0 (noone's driving anyone elses rig AFAIK)

Additional non driving adults = 5 (Ann, Chris, Brad, Heather, Pavlo's brother)

Dinner on Saturday night = 8 (I'm guessing everyone will want it. Advise if this is not the case)

Event Polo shirts = 2 (Ben, Pavlo. Let me know who else and what size ASAP)

That brings it to a total of $381

Everyone will need to try and get their money to Mark ASAP, so the club can be reimbursed for the cheque it will write.

Don't forget I'll need to post of the club forms and spreadsheet with everyone's individual entry form, and copies of individuals rego and insurance paperwork by about Wednesday afternoon at the latest.

Also, it'd be nice if we had a bit more of a show of drivers or spectators, so if you know of anyone else in the club who may not have seen this, let them know asap.

Dorzun
16-05-05, 12:21 PM
Am on the phone with CJ Burns and he'd be keen to be a spotter. He's joining the SJC as he'll be a co-owner of mine.

Antz, if you're interested in CJ helping PM me and I'll pass on the details.

Dorzun
16-05-05, 12:26 PM
ignore last post, he realised it was the long weekend and had arranged a weekend at the farm.

BenC
16-05-05, 12:27 PM
Just remember he'll need a membership card before the event. My navi, Chris is also going to be joining the club before the event.

TIGGER
16-05-05, 01:44 PM
OK, count me in Ben.

Plus 2 spectators.

Can people from different cars spot each other?

BenC
16-05-05, 01:46 PM
OK I'll add you to the list. I just need your forms.

And yes, I'd say people from other cars can spot whoever. It's not locked down like Woodpecker or Nissan Trials.

Dorzun
16-05-05, 01:55 PM
check your mail.

anyone wanna lend me there rig for the weekend so I can drive too??????

hm, I wonder how the KJ would go...........

BenC
16-05-05, 01:58 PM
Here's the update.

Competitor vehicles = 4 (Ben, Antz, Pavlo, Jason)
Includes spectators (Ann, Pavlo's Brother, Jason Spectator 1, Antz spectator 1)

Additional drivers = 0 (noone's driving anyone elses rig AFAIK)

Additional non driving adults = 6 (Chris, Brad, Jason Spectator 2, Antz spectator 2, Bill, Sylvia)

Dinner on Saturday night = 12 (Everyone except Bill & Sylvia)

Event Polo shirts = 3 (Ben, Pavlo, Brad. Let me know who else and what size ASAP)

That brings it to a total of $539

mrp69
16-05-05, 04:04 PM
what are the sleeping arangements for this trip? We camping it or ?

Also if we are camping are we paying for campsites etc?

BenC
16-05-05, 05:37 PM
Yes we're camping, I'm not booking the spots though, it's going to be up to everyone to book their own camping spots for this event.

When you do book, make sure you mention that you're with the Sydney Jeep Club and they'll reserve a spot together for us like they do for Woodpecker.

JP_Mark
17-05-05, 12:37 AM
Ben, we need to discuss this - I'm not happy to write a cheque to the tune of nearly $500 which includes non-club members, spectator entry, t-shirts and a guesstimate for meals - people are really slack at paying money back and I've had to wait months in the past for entry money alone to past comps. Full membership of the club must be in accordance with the constitution also so membership cards for navigators is going to be a little difficult if they are required for the event. And lastly, I don't have the insurance certificate - it's with Dave. Try and work something out at the committee meeting tomorrow.

BenC
17-05-05, 09:16 AM
Mark,

My navigator, Chris, will be giving me a membership form and payment for a year's membership on Wednesday night. I see no problem with him becoming a financial member of the club as he drives my vehicle, a Jeep, in competitions.

Pavlo is a financial member, although the processing of his forms has been somewhat slow and he does not have his membership card as yet. Brad is his navigator, who is a member of the club.

Jason is a financial member, one of us will have to navigate for him, as he doesn't have a spotter as yet.

The way I see it, the members who are bringing spectators with them are the ones that need to be responsible for the payment of their accompanying spectator entry fees.

Unfortunately shirts must be payed for with the competitor entry fees.

The deadline for paperwork and payment is 20th of May. I do not want to miss out on our club participating in this event because of politics and trouble getting paperwork in.

FYI, our club was not initially invited to this event, as we showed no interest in it last year. I'm trying to get a club presence at a number of events this year to get our club away from the 'snob club' image that it has.

Will you be at the meeting tonight? Will Dave?

mrp69
17-05-05, 09:31 AM
Mark - I am more than happy 2 pay whatever it is i am owing for the comp this week, i can send you a cheque or whatever is easiest for you just let me know, i understand where you are comeing from about collecting money and i have no problem paying it b4 the end of the week and i dont think anyone else would have a problem doing the same.

Just PM me and let me know and we can arrange the payment.

Cheers
Pavlo

Dorzun
17-05-05, 11:42 AM
me also, I can send it with the membership renewal monies I was going to give you at next months meeting

TIGGER
17-05-05, 11:51 AM
hmm, i was hoping Wiz would be my spotter, but seeings as he hasn't answered my calls or Pms then i am looking for one.

I'm also happy to pay up front.

JP_Mark
17-05-05, 12:06 PM
I'll be at the committee meeting tonight but to the best of my knowledge Dave is still overseas, hence the problem with the insurance certificate. Chat about the issues then.

Dorzun
17-05-05, 12:24 PM
hmm, i was hoping Wiz would be my spotter, but seeings as he hasn't answered my calls or Pms then i am looking for one.

i'll spot for you as well.

TIGGER
17-05-05, 12:45 PM

i'll spot for you as well.

sounds good... so you're spotting for me antz and pavlo?

ann
17-05-05, 01:30 PM
I could spot for someone! But dont blame me if you end up on your roof :oops:

BenC
17-05-05, 01:36 PM
Depending on the running order for the day. I'll be able to spot for whoever doesn't have a spotter, so long as i'm not supposed to be driving at the same time :lol:

Antz
17-05-05, 01:41 PM
I'm defintely in as well as 2 spectators.

Put me down for meals for 3 also.

Total is $116. I am willing to pay upfront by any method that suits.

BenC
17-05-05, 02:06 PM
Will you be at the committee meeting tonight Antz? We could sort it out then.

You could also give me your insurance and rego papers then :P

Antz
17-05-05, 02:27 PM
Can't make the meeting tonight. :(

Do you need copies of rego/insurance with the application? I thought they would just check them on the day.

BenC
17-05-05, 03:26 PM
Need copies of all paperwork to send in first. I'll also bring copies on the day in case they need to see them again.

BenC
19-05-05, 11:07 AM
Forms have been sent in an express post bag, with cheque for payment.

Thanks to those that have paid already. I'll forward the details to the remaining couple some time today.

mrp69
19-05-05, 11:14 AM
Just like to say thanks to Ben for the outstanding organisation for this comp in such short time!

TIGGER
19-05-05, 12:12 PM
Yes we're camping, I'm not booking the spots though, it's going to be up to everyone to book their own camping spots for this event.

so ben who do we contact RE campsites?

BenC
19-05-05, 12:27 PM
Dargle Ski Park. The details should be on the 'intro' letter that was attached to the forms. Let me know if you can't find their details.

When you book a site, just indicate that you're with the SJC and that there will be about 10-12 people camping, so we need space for that many. I'll try to book a spot soon as well.

JP_Mark
19-05-05, 05:13 PM
Those members that need to reimburse the club can send a cheque or money order made out to 'Sydney JP 4WD Club' and post it to PO Box 91, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755. thanks

p.s. sorry don't have the direct deposit details handy and a paper method of payment makes tracking whos paid easier for me anyway.

BenC
19-05-05, 05:43 PM
Those members that need to reimburse the club can send a cheque or money order made out to 'Sydney JP 4WD Club' and post it to PO Box 91, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755. thanks

p.s. sorry don't have the direct deposit details handy and a paper method of payment makes tracking whos paid easier for me anyway.

Mark, I got hold of the EFT details, and myself, Antz and Pavlo have paid via that (each payment is clearly labelled what it's for so you can keep track of them).

Others who haven't paid yet are free to send cheques to Mark, as per his message. There should be payments from Brad, Bill and Jason to come.

JP_Mark
20-05-05, 12:37 PM
How did you find the details out?? I haven't set up electronic banking with the credit union so will now have to wait for the next quartery statement to confirm the payments....

JP_Mark
20-05-05, 12:41 PM
I now have Pavlos membership application so will process shortly - paid wrong amount (too much so will carry over as credit towards fees due end of June)

Dorzun
22-05-05, 05:51 PM
Ben,

how much was mine again (can't remember what I ended up doing) as I want to send of a cheque with my membership fees.

Tx.

Dorzun
22-05-05, 06:18 PM
Ignore, just saw the pm.

TIGGER
23-05-05, 10:05 AM
i'm kind of confused on what i owe.... :?

me + 2 spectators + 2 dinners right?

BenC
23-05-05, 11:01 AM
i'm kind of confused on what i owe.... :?

me + 2 spectators + 2 dinners right?

Your entry actually covers yourself and one spectator.

Your entry == $50 (covers yourself and 1 of your mates)
Your other mate == $5
Dinner x 3 == $51 (I'm assuming everyone you're bringing will want to eat)

Total == $106

ann
24-05-05, 03:57 PM
Please remember to contact Tracy or Joy on 02 45791291 or www.dargle.com.au to book for the night.

Dorzun
24-05-05, 08:34 PM
Seem's like Heather's been bitten.

I'm being harrased to book a spot, arrange dinner etc for us and here was me wanting to drive 1/2 an hour home to the comfort of my big bed and comfy lounge.

ann
25-05-05, 02:35 PM
Seem's like Heather's been bitten.

I'm being harrased to book a spot, arrange dinner etc for us and here was me wanting to drive 1/2 an hour home to the comfort of my big bed and comfy lounge.

Ha ha!

In fact let me do it again... Ha ha! (CJ laffing at ugg boot style)

See we are staying because its like 1.5hours away from our place Im not camping in the cold because it sounds like a fun time :P

But be pleased :) Next Heather will be right into the competition scene and youll be harrassed into building a TJ comp truck :)

Dorzun
25-05-05, 02:56 PM
Next Heather will be right into the competition scene and youll be harrassed into building a TJ comp truck :)

Maybe she alreadys has plans. She did say I should get an auto and that way she'd be happy to drive harder lines, is just not prepared to do them in the KJ.

Women are better drivers anyway.

Dorzun
01-06-05, 09:34 AM
BBQ at my place afterwards people?

I'm over at Mt Colah (bout 30 away) and thought we could grab some stuff (beer and grog) on the way back and watch the video and pic footage on the big screen at home.

Have plenty of space for those that want to stay the night as well.

Let me know how would be interested so I can advise the better half.

mrp69
01-06-05, 09:40 AM
sounds good Brad let ya know soon!

Dorzun
01-06-05, 10:19 AM
[quote="CJ_Brad"]

But be pleased :) Next Heather will be right into the competition scene and youll be harrassed into building a TJ comp truck :)

Hence the reason she's given me the OK to buy one that just came on the market. Watch this space for further info in the coming weeks.

ann
01-06-05, 10:24 AM
I thought I had heard a rumour, Id be glad to know it as true 8)

sir_camel
02-06-05, 02:22 PM
There's no way to get into this late is there? I dont think i am going to JAD anymore.

BenC
02-06-05, 02:22 PM
OK just trying to cap off the finances for this one, the following has been paid

**Ben** -- PAID
1 Driver (incl 1 spectator)
1 Additional spectator
3 meal packages
1 Polo

**Antz** -- PAID
1 Additional spectator
3 meal packages

**Bill** -- PAID
2 Spectators

**Pavlo** -- PAID
2 meal packages
1 Polo

**Jason** -- ???
1 Additional spectator
3 meal packages

**Brad** -- ???
2 Spectators
2 meal packages
1 Polo

Can Jason and Brad please confirm if they have paid ASAP?

I'm going to give Chris a call Monday next week to confirm the numbers of meal packages and entries we have paid for to make sure everything is all fine.

REMEMBER TO BOOK YOUR CAMPSITE AT DARGLE SKI PARK A few have already done it, but a few haven't. Make sure you mention you're with the Sydney Jeep Club.[/i]

BenC
02-06-05, 02:31 PM
There's no way to get into this late is there? I dont think i am going to JAD anymore.

yes there is, you'd have to contact Chris directly and post your entry. They're keen to get as many people in it as they can, so they said they'd take late entries. Although the end of this week would probably be the limit.

Let me know if you need further details.

TIGGER
02-06-05, 03:35 PM
I havent had a chance to get to the bank for a bank cheque... Ben can you send me the club details and i'll transfer the funds online immediately...

TIGGER
02-06-05, 04:33 PM
OK i've transfered the money into the account. $106

Dorzun
02-06-05, 04:42 PM
paid for meals etc direct.

I owe the club $40.00 but it owes me the same, as per discussion with Mark last night.

TIGGER
03-06-05, 11:45 AM
Are we required to wear helmets for this event? I have my motox one, will that be ok?

BenC
03-06-05, 11:47 AM
Are we required to wear helmets for this event? I have my motox one, will that be ok?

Yes, helmets are required. As long as it's approved for use on the road, it's suitable.

sir_camel
03-06-05, 11:56 PM
oh so close but i am a no go. sorry fellas. drive good and safe

BenC
06-06-05, 11:20 AM
I was originally thinking about heading down there on Friday after work. what's everyone's feeling on this?

We could meet somewhere near Parklea markets at around 6?

mrp69
06-06-05, 11:28 AM
sounds good 2 me. i am gonna leave work at about 3pm go home pack jeep so yeah around 6 would be fine. Although we will be driving in alot of traffic.

Dorzun
06-06-05, 11:45 AM
sounds like we all had the same chat in fronmt of the tellie last night.

Am planning on heading out on friday evening.

By the time I get home and packed it'll be around 5.30 so expect to be there round 6.30-7PM

TIGGER
06-06-05, 01:23 PM
I can't go friday night, got a party on... so i'll see you guys bright and early saturday morning.

Any idea what time we need to be there ben?

Antz
06-06-05, 01:41 PM
From the info sheet;

If possible arrive on Friday afternoon/evening so we can get everybody signed in and get straight into the driving on Saturday, for anyone who can?t get there on Friday we will be signing people in from 7am till 10am Saturday morning

I'm keen for a convoy out there. How about meeting at Rouse Hill McDonalds, its just down Winsdor Rd a bit from the Parklea Markets turn off.

Dorzun
06-06-05, 02:26 PM
I'll meet you guys out there as I'll be coming through the gorge and the back of Maroota.

I may even put the KJ in if I can get the gear into it tonite and tommorow.

mrp69
06-06-05, 03:56 PM
sounds good with me Antz,

So its only

Ben
Antz
Pavlo

driving up 2gether?

BenC
06-06-05, 04:00 PM
From the info sheet;

If possible arrive on Friday afternoon/evening so we can get everybody signed in and get straight into the driving on Saturday, for anyone who can?t get there on Friday we will be signing people in from 7am till 10am Saturday morning

I'm keen for a convoy out there. How about meeting at Rouse Hill McDonalds, its just down Winsdor Rd a bit from the Parklea Markets turn off.

How late can we sign in? We'll probably be getting there at around 8 or 8.30pm

Rouse hill maccas sounds good. What time?

BenC
06-06-05, 04:03 PM
I can't go friday night, got a party on... so i'll see you guys bright and early saturday morning.

Any idea what time we need to be there ben?

You'll probably need to leave your place at around 5am on Saturday morning to get there in time to sign in and be scruitineered Jase.

Dorzun
06-06-05, 05:12 PM
So how's coming back to our place on sunday night????

Need to get an idea so we can at least clear out the spare rooms before the weekend.

TIGGER
09-06-05, 05:14 PM
OK, i'll be meeting you guys for the convoy on friday night after work.

My brother will be spectating the next day but ive lost the email with all the address details -

Ben what is the address again? Is there a map online?

BenC
09-06-05, 05:54 PM
OK, i'll be meeting you guys for the convoy on friday night after work.

My brother will be spectating the next day but ive lost the email with all the address details -

Ben what is the address again? Is there a map online?

OK see you at 7pm at Rouse Hill maccas.

Dargle info -=> http://www.dargle.com.au/

Dorzun
09-06-05, 07:48 PM
OK,

Kyanah's decided she doesn't want to come this weekend so Heather and I'll will be there I hate to say early sat. morning. I'll use the horn to wake you all up :lol:

BenC
09-06-05, 08:28 PM
OK,

Kyanah's decided she doesn't want to come this weekend so Heather and I'll will be there I hate to say early sat. morning. I'll use the horn to wake you all up :lol:

Makes sure you're there just before 7. We'll be meeting Chris at the exit gate of Dargle at 7am.

Dorzun
10-06-05, 09:53 AM
I've told heather we need to leave by 6am so that should get me there round 6.45.

TIGGER
12-06-05, 09:25 PM
Just got home not long ago - yes Me Nerida and Antz waited for the presentation, and it was lucky we did...

Antz took out 3rd Place in the open division! He accepted the award with a few heckles from the crowd... something about being beaten by a jeep...

Unfortunately Neither myself or Pavlo got a place, but we couldn't have been far off... I think our downfall was the mud run...

Also had a few comments about the wheel stand :twisted: Would have helped to know that the SLOWEST time won! I was trying to climb that hill as fast as possible.

Thanks Ben + Ann for organising this, it's a shame your jeep fell victim to the monster bog hole...

We had a great time.

Will take a while to clean the jeep tho...

-j

BenC
13-06-05, 08:46 AM
Congratulations Antz 8) It was a good drive by all you guys actually.

Anyone got pics uploaded yet?

Dorzun
13-06-05, 10:02 AM
nah, but I just loaded a small clip of the wheelstand in the trips section.

TIGGER
13-06-05, 11:21 AM
I'm uploading pics to my gallery.... There aren't many good ones and there are a lot of me... but still worth a look.

Brad - where is the video?

TIGGER
13-06-05, 11:35 AM
No probs, found the video... funny how if it wasnt for the wheelstand i wouldn't have made it up - i landed right on the perfect line to climb that last section! Talk about luck :lol:

pics here

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/Jasons-pics/BLACK+RAT+CHALLENGE+2005/

sir_camel
13-06-05, 12:14 PM
Looks like Antz has got himself some new tyres and a bit of a BL.

Congrats guys. I am on crap dial up speed at the moment so i just have to wait a million years to see all the pics

BenC
13-06-05, 03:48 PM
One more thing, thanks to all that participated in this event and got out there socialising with other clubs. It's great for the club. 8)

Antz
13-06-05, 06:58 PM
Hey, what do you know, third place!

Thanks everyone who went for a great weekend. Brad and Ben for helping with the spotting and especially to Jason and Nerida for hanging around till the presentation.

billsta
13-06-05, 07:39 PM
good works ladies :mrgreen:

JP_Mark
13-06-05, 09:20 PM
Just want to tie up the loose ends regards payments. I haven't confirmed Jasons direct payment but will do that over the next week and will sort out mag/payment with Brad at next meeting. Brad, I paid a total of $57 for your entry so one of your meal packages was already paid for as per the details on this thread. If you paid for two meal packges for the weekend directly you need to try and get them to reimburse you else you'll have paid for 3 meals.

ann
14-06-05, 08:37 AM
Well Done Guys! Esp. Antz for his third place!!! :D

Really enjoyable weekend, great company, lots of trucks and pretty weird weather, fog, sunshine, overcast, rain, mud, sunshine...

I love the interclub comp atmosphere and cant wait for willowglen :)

P.S. My finger is still recovering from its encounter with Mr Whitehead... 8O

mrp69
14-06-05, 09:41 AM
Just wanted to say i had a great weekend! Congrats Antz showed em how its done in a Jeep hey! I am currently uploading some pics didnt get much as my bro was busy recording on Brads cam. Cant wait to see some footage Brad.

Thanks again to Brad for some great navigating!

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/Watagans-26-2-05/BlackRat+Challange+05/

Dorzun
14-06-05, 10:58 AM
we need to edumacate Heather and Nick on how to use a video.

Cut about 25 mins yesterday to some muzak and will start burning CD's etc this week.

PM your addies to me and I'll send them through.

AussieCJ7
14-06-05, 03:50 PM
Results have been posted at outerlimits

not sure how they reflect Antz being awarded 3rd but ??

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=46880

TIGGER
14-06-05, 04:07 PM
Yeah that's strange -

Antz took home the trophey and the prize :?

Looks like my score was just short of a place..

TIGGER
14-06-05, 05:37 PM
Score has been fixed on OL :lol:

Antz
14-06-05, 05:40 PM
They fixed it

Open Mens
1st 93 Nissan Patrol Denny Danis 700
2nd 147 Wellsprung Michael Lewis 665
3rd 64 Jeep Anthony Siourtos 660

Maybe I should have had a go at the mud hole for the 50 points?

mrp69
14-06-05, 05:42 PM
might have been a good or bad idea hard to say Antz, on the other hand after the rules changed for the mud run on the sat would have put me and Jase right up there with the scores earning an extra 80 points, but then again we all had a blast and thats the main thing!

Dorzun
14-06-05, 05:44 PM
show us ya pics Antz, you seemed to be snapping like madly over the two days.

And congrats top all you boy's that drove, cept Ben :roll: :wink: :lol: you guy's did really well and did the club proud.

Boy was it hard having to sit in the passenger seat but I'm glad I did and got to share in the fun.

Antz
14-06-05, 05:47 PM
Margaret (sister-in-law) was in charge of my camera over the weekend. Will post the best ones tonight.

Antz
14-06-05, 09:19 PM
Some pics here;

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/antz-gallery/blackrat2005/

sir_camel
14-06-05, 11:59 PM
On damn dialup speed at the moment. Will have to wait. Well done Antz. Top effort.

ann
15-06-05, 08:24 AM
They fixed it

Open Mens
1st 93 Nissan Patrol Denny Danis 700
2nd 147 Wellsprung Michael Lewis 665
3rd 64 Jeep Anthony Siourtos 660

Geez not many points between them!

TIGGER
15-06-05, 09:33 AM
Here ya go
Modified Mens
1 35 Maitland Districts Jarrod Baker 670
2 20 On All 4's Paul Monsieur 620
3 150 Wellsprung Justin Turner 600
4 74 Jeep Jason Yagan 590
5 76 Canobolas Tony Richards 590
6 78 Canobolas Peter White 590
7 110 Bong Bong Steven Patten 560
8 48 Lithgow Jason Rosochacki 550
9 129 Suzuki Chris Armstrong 550
10 37 Maitland Districts Martin Greentree 540

Antz
15-06-05, 10:06 AM
Damn Tig, one ball on a stick off a place and if you saved the mud run until Sunday, you would have got at least 80 points and 1st.

BenC
15-06-05, 10:07 AM
They fixed it

Maybe you would have ended up out of the event for the rest of the weekend like me :oops:

TIGGER
17-06-05, 10:02 AM
Brad i'm about to email you the trip report. Feel free to read through it and add anything i missed.

Can you just grab the images from my online gallery?

TIGGER
20-06-05, 10:39 AM
pics are up on myactionimages.com.au

sir_camel
20-06-05, 10:52 PM
pics are up on myactionimages.com.au U didnt cop any did u jase!

Antz
20-06-05, 11:28 PM
I ordered a print of this one.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl8boh/BR05.065.jpg

sir_camel
20-06-05, 11:56 PM
I liked the next one Antz

Antz
21-06-05, 01:04 AM
So do I, but I already have a high resolution digital image courtesy of my sis in law who was standing right next to the myactionimages photographer and got almost exactly the same shot. :D

TIGGER
21-06-05, 08:32 AM

Yeah, talk about dissapointing! I can only hope that offroad images got some - i'm sure there were photographers around when i was on the tracks :(

sir_camel
21-06-05, 03:40 PM

Yeah, talk about dissapointing! I can only hope that offroad images got some - i'm sure there were photographers around when i was on the tracks :( They just thought ya Jeep looked crap i think

mrp69
21-06-05, 03:44 PM
nothing much of my rig there either. Hopefully Offroad images will, but then again dunno if they like the jeeps anymore after Bens custom sticker work :lol: :lol:

Dorzun
22-06-05, 07:01 PM
there was a chick snapping away like mad when we where being recovered off the tree so I'd guess there will be some. But as Camel said.....

TIGGER
12-07-05, 11:03 AM
Anyone know when the article in 4x4 monthly is?

ALso did the DVD ever end up happening?

Dorzun
12-07-05, 05:12 PM
yeh I recut a version just have not got around to burning any and sending them on. I did have a spare at the meeting but no-one was there to give it too.

I'll burn a cd and send it to you. Just PM me you're address again.

ann
22-08-05, 12:58 PM
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Tig/Minisite/Minisite.aspx?alias=carpointau&id=7478

Go on buy yourself a copy of the September Issue :)

TIGGER
22-08-05, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know how i can get in contact with the photographers, there were plenty around but i havent seen one pic of my jeep yet! I just wanna buy one nice pic. Is that too much to ask? :cry:

ann
23-08-05, 08:07 AM
Jason relax :)

You could try sending offroadimages an email or ring michael but sometimes they are a bit hard to track down.. :roll:

Im going to be writting 4x4Australia an email today anyway as I am offended by the photograph of Brad's head featured in the article... :wink:

BenC
23-08-05, 09:31 AM
It's true, Brad does have an ugly head, and it shouldn't be shown to the unsuspecting public :lol:

Dorzun
23-08-05, 02:01 PM
Im going to be writting 4x4Australia an email today anyway as I am offended by the photograph of Brad's head featured in the article... :wink:

Now who's feelking hurt and rejected. Could have been worse, imagine they ran the one of me nekked. Now that's scary, try not to think of it as it will only make you feel sick.

ann
23-08-05, 03:08 PM
Now who's feelking hurt and rejected. Could have been worse, imagine they ran the one of me nekked. Now that's scary, try not to think of it as it will only make you feel sick.

Aww poor Brad... :P

Its ok we can all go to counselling together :lol:

TIGGER
23-08-05, 04:38 PM
SO maybe thats why they didnt take any picks of my jeep, Brad in the navi seat was scaring them off! :lol: