PDA

View Full Version : How to find less pricey WH Grand parts

Andy
08-11-11, 02:47 PM
I'm a new Jeep owner. 12 months with 2005 WH diesel Grand Cherokee. Love the vehicle, but price of parts spoils the fun. Just quoted $80 each for front stabiliser bar link rubbers (4 in all). What tha!! I haven't had much luck finding non genuine parts, but these are such a simple little rubber - has anyone found and alternative that will fit? Cheers, Andy

TRBN8R
08-11-11, 03:47 PM
Check with Wooders......

glend
08-11-11, 05:26 PM
I use Rockauto in the USA for those sort of things. Morris 4x4 also has good prices on bushings and rubber bits but they sell the aftermarket Crown brand which is OK for some things but for weight bearing suspension bits I'd stick with the Rockauto original equipment bits.

http://www.rockauto.com/

Even with shipping a $14 original equipment bushing is a bargain.

stevet
08-11-11, 06:56 PM
I'm a new Jeep owner. 12 months with 2005 WH diesel Grand Cherokee. Love the vehicle, but price of parts spoils the fun. Just quoted $80 each for front stabiliser bar link rubbers (4 in all). What tha!! I haven't had much luck finding non genuine parts, but these are such a simple little rubber - has anyone found and alternative that will fit? Cheers, Andy
Buy a set off disconnects for that money and enjoy the extra flex as well............ Or buy some from someone who upgraded and buy theirs complete, should be cheaper/easier to replace anyway...........

Hunno
08-11-11, 11:51 PM
Check with Wooders......

www.wooders.com

SteveC
09-11-11, 03:07 PM
www.factorymoparparts.com/

Original MOPAR PARTS, cheap as chips!

Andy
13-11-11, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone for your tips. Sorry to be so slow getting back to the forum, but just for the record I have to correct my original statement: the $80 I was quoted was for the stabiliser bar D rubbers. The link rubbers are not sold separately and the links complete are $175 each. Disconnects sounds like a good idea...

stevet
14-11-11, 12:17 AM
4wd1 in Castle Hill quoted about about $30.00 odd for a set ZJ one's 2 week's ago (X2)- ZJ's have x2 D-rubbers on the sway bay, one either side........... Sold my almost new ones for $5.00...........