PDA

View Full Version : Dead Battery JK Wrangler

Bear
02-12-11, 04:57 PM
The battery that has been in my JK Rubicon since it was assembled in March 2007, died this morning without warning.

Used the car yesterday, put it in the garage overnight, went to start it nothing. Managed to jump start it went to the battery place had it tested, dead as a door nail.

New battery $185 supply and fit.

SteveC
02-12-11, 06:47 PM
4+ years isn't too bad for a battery, Bear.

Dave
02-12-11, 08:40 PM
Yep, agree with Steve! The "factory" battery in my KJ lasted 3 years and 3 months then nothing! I have always been told that three years ain't bad! That said the replacement ($220), which is now 3 years and 2 months old still cranks as hard as it did when new! I'll see what happens after New Year...

Dave

Paul-JK
02-12-11, 09:46 PM
4 years is bloody good, albeit in a petrol which are supposedly easier on batteries. My CRD JK devoured it's first battery in 18 months. Seems to be fairly common to go instantly as well, no signs of a struggle for a few days and then die, just working one minute then not the next.

As luck would have it I was picking mine up from the the dealer after a service when it wouldn't start. I literally watched them move it out of the workshop and turn it off for 5 minutes while I went to pay and then it wouldn't start when I went back out. Completely dead. Got the battery replaced under warranty and we'll see how long this one lasts.

reyzor
06-12-11, 03:24 PM
i can get optima blue tops cheaper then most if your interested?