PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Certification Scheme (ECS) has been closed down

glend
02-12-11, 08:49 PM
I received an email today from an vehicle engineer I have been talking to about Engineering Certification - he has sent me a notice from the NSW Government advising that the ECS has ceased from 2 December.
He said "We have two weeks to operate".

He attached some info he received:

If you are a current Engineering Certification Scheme (ECS) member, you will receive a separate letter with directions about the closure of the ECS.
ECS members must not issue ECS certificates after midnight 18 December 2011.
ECS members should advise their clients that any ECS certificates issued before the 19 December 2011 will not be recognised by RMS if they have not been presented to a Motor Registry by 18 June 2012.
Once you have accepted an offer by way of payment, the Licenced Certifier number will be issued on order of acceptance.
ECS members should note that VSCCS management office is now responsible for ECS

So there is a new engineering certification body (the VSCCS) and the new combined RMS (Roads and Maritime Services) department will be administering the system.

From next week RMS will start to despatch letters of offer to successful applicants to join VSCCS ( I believe they had to apply and be interviewed).

It is a condition of holding a VSCCS Licence that RTA licensed certifiers have insurance for professional indemnity and public liability to cover the certification work they perform (which I assume they had to have before but I could be wrong).

So anyone dealing with Engineers at the moment better check with them asap about their vehicle certification process and find out if what happens if they do not have a certificate by the 19th of December.

Did anyone else get contacted?

Glen