PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Dream for SJC

AussieCJ7
26-05-05, 11:00 PM
If we were a mega $$$ club imagine the possibilities with something like this

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&s=nsw&c=3928166&tm=1116840888&id=102126159&f=10&p=10&t=res&ty=&snf=ras-nsw&ag=&cu=&fmt=&header=

of course something like this is not realistic for us but we can all dream

for those who are not familar with the area this is not far from the Woodpecker site and has some incredible terian

we would care what trackes closed as we would have our own

Antz
27-05-05, 12:34 AM
How cool would that be 8O

Looks like a perfect property, club house on the river. hard core wheeling, BBQ's, water skiing... perfect. Who needs to go all the way to Berridale?

Pretty cheap too. Lets see, 100 members thats only $3500 each, about the same as a good set of tyres and rims.

Steve F
27-05-05, 01:17 PM
This is one of the reasons I'm thinking of joining TLCC (Toyota LandCruiser Club), they own 2 blocks of land with Willowglen being one of them. Trouble is it's about $300 to join :( although that does include the driver training.

I think all the time we stay Jeep only we'll never have enough members for this sort of thing :(

Cheers
Steve

BenC
27-05-05, 03:05 PM
I'm in, let's pass the hats around. :P

This year's membership fee's are $3500 :lol:

DVL12H
28-05-05, 01:36 AM
yeah count me in... trip to england can wait!

Dorzun
29-05-05, 10:36 AM
see Dave,

That chat we had over a coffee should be taken to the next level don't you think.

JP_Mark
01-06-05, 11:37 AM
Land ownership is a pipe dream regardless - changing the structure of the club won't help.

Steve F
01-06-05, 01:35 PM
Land ownership is a pipe dream regardless - changing the structure of the club won't help.

Yep, unless we get around 1000 members 8O

Cheers
Steve

JP_Mark
01-06-05, 03:07 PM
And who wants to administer a club of 1000 people :roll: You would change the nature of the club forever and never realise your goal - just not worth it. There are plenty of mixed vehicle clubs around with bigger memberships than ours and they don't own land, I can't see how we would be any more successful.

ann
08-06-05, 02:11 PM
This may be a very simplistic view.. and Im sure someone will tell me as such...

I think a piece of land would really unite the club. Members feel a certain amount of ownership, not just to the piece of land, but to the club.

Re larger club, great... I look forward to it.

The larger the club the larger that core group of dedicated, enthusiastic members that get things done will be. And it gives the club greater flexiblity and potential is holding large events.

A larger club would also bring great diversity. Not just in models, and hopefully makes, of 4wd but also in the type of driving people enjoy and want to do. Youd see more family based weekends, camping, scenic driving, wine tours, extreme rock crawling, buggys etc etc. Areas of interest covering the entire demographic that is 4wders. Whereas at the moment we are limited to a certain extent because we simply dont have the numbers to explore some of these areas.

Re administration its just about getting more professional and running it as you would a company.

Id put my hand up..

AussieCJ7
08-06-05, 02:41 PM
This may be a very simplistic view.. and Im sure someone will tell me as such...

I think a piece of land would really unite the club. Members feel a certain amount of ownership, not just to the piece of land, but to the club.

Re larger club, great... I look forward to it.

The larger the club the larger that core group of dedicated, enthusiastic members that get things done will be. And it gives the club greater flexiblity and potential is holding large events.

A larger club would also bring great diversity. Not just in models, and hopefully makes, of 4wd but also in the type of driving people enjoy and want to do. Youd see more family based weekends, camping, scenic driving, wine tours, extreme rock crawling, buggys etc etc. Areas of interest covering the entire demographic that is 4wders. Whereas at the moment we are limited to a certain extent because we simply dont have the numbers to explore some of these areas.

Re administration its just about getting more professional and running it as you would a company.

Id put my hand up..

Other makes of 4x4's is against our consitution

Yes bigger club opens up possibilities and to do that you need to run it in a more proffesional manor, this was the catalyst for the last meeting topic :lol:

Just dont everyone put the horse in front of the cart this post was a bit of fun and some ideas of what the furture could hold but at this point in time their is no plans to do this. If someone is keen enough to write a business plan on how we could buy something like this and raise the capital great but there is nothing in the pipe line at this stage

So lets all dream cause without dreams there is no motovation to do things better than you have before

Anonymous
23-06-05, 01:14 PM
You bought this place yet Dave - We're hanging for a trip there ;)

Wooders
01-07-05, 01:18 PM
Ops sorry that was me :oops: