wiz
31-05-05, 02:13 PM
SUNDAY 26th JUNE
GATE 6 (off Heathcote rd)
8.45am

hopefully it's still on for June and they haven't changed the dates :roll:

chrispy
31-05-05, 02:55 PM
I'm not aware of any date changes Wiz. I haven't had an email from them saying so....

:P

mrp69
01-06-05, 10:41 AM
Whenever it is i will be there.

Jetty
17-06-05, 07:49 PM
Looking forward to another clean up and wheelin next week. Wiz, count me in if it is still on.

Dorzun
17-06-05, 09:41 PM
I'll be there.

Most likely the first run for me and the new toy J I pick up tommorow.

DVL12H
19-06-05, 07:08 PM
Count me in Wiz, i will be there.

wiz
20-06-05, 09:49 AM
just a note :
anyone that wants to do the Spanish Steps on July 30th needs to do a Menai cleanup ....
either this or next month

sorry i don't make the rules regarding access to areas , but it seems fair enough to me :wink:

Ike
20-06-05, 04:31 PM
hey guys, ive never been to menai for this before. so when you say clean up am i supose to bring gloves and stuff?

mrp69
20-06-05, 04:34 PM
unless you wanna get dirty 8O

Ike
20-06-05, 04:58 PM
so we go there clean up mess and whatever then go 4wd?

mrp69
20-06-05, 05:00 PM
i have personally neer neem so will be a first for me also. But the idea is we clean up the area in return for access to go wheeling. It is a great spot though and one of the only left close to Sydney to do some good wheeling

Ike
20-06-05, 05:05 PM

TIGGER
20-06-05, 05:08 PM

No, you actually 4wd on your way to picking up some rubbbish, drop it off at midday and drive the rest of the day :P

i cant make it this time.

Ike
21-06-05, 04:32 PM
awesome, cant wait. Sounds like a great day

AussieCJ7
23-06-05, 01:37 PM
hey guys, ive never been to menai for this before. so when you say clean up am i supose to bring gloves and stuff?

Yes take gloves and wear good boots

You should ALWAYS have a set of gloves in your jeep when on a club trip anyway.

No need to fork out for "recovery gloves" from a 4x4 shop as the riggers gloves that you get at bunnings etc will do just as well, just make sure they are proper leather riggers gloves ( the yellow ones normally) and not synthetic gardening gloves.

Also smart move to take a rated drag chain if have one and some shackles, sometime we pull old cars fridges etc out of the bush. If you dont have this just make sure you have the standard 2 rated shackles and snatch strap that is required for any club trip

Dorzun
23-06-05, 03:30 PM

Also smart move to take a rated drag chain if have one and some shackles, sometime we pull old cars fridges etc out of the bush.

Funny you say that today, Heather was talking anbout the winch rope and how that could be used for that exact thing on the weekends.

When I told her what the rope was worth and that the last thing it'll be used for is things like that she agreed pretty quickly.

But as Dave said you should be carrying at least a strap, the shackles and some gloves. Bought myself 5 new pairs on the weeknd at Mitre 10. They where selling them for $4.95 a pair. Last ones I bought I spend at least $20.00 on.

Dorzun
24-06-05, 02:46 PM
I'm now a maybe.

The TJ's still going to be at Suburban and the KJ doesn't have front recovery hooks.

Then again, I don't have to do all the trails and I'm sure I can jump in with someone that has a spare seat anyways.

Ike
24-06-05, 04:46 PM
I'm now a maybe.
The TJ's still going to be at Suburban and the KJ doesn't have front recovery hooks.
Then again, I don't have to do all the trails and I'm sure I can jump in with someone that has a spare seat anyways.

How many Jeeps do you have?
I should have a spare seat, maybe you could help me out?

Dorzun
25-06-05, 10:08 AM
How many Jeeps do you have?
I should have a spare seat, maybe you could help me out?

Have three but trying to make it two. CJ, TJ and KJ. CJ is going, well it sort of already is, on the market for sale.

May just take you up on the seat, as said depends on the tracks we do as to whether I wheel the KJ.

DVL12H
25-06-05, 11:46 AM
will it still be on in this weather??

my last 3 attempts were all cancelled like this...

Jeff
25-06-05, 03:20 PM
I'm keen to do this cleanup as I'd really like to go to the Spanish steps trip next week. What happens if this cleanup isnt on?

Rain is forecast for tomorrow :evil:

wiz
25-06-05, 06:56 PM
July Jeff ..... Jeff July :wink:

In regards to whether it's still on , NFI ... assuming it will be :roll:
don't really know as the 4wdnsw website is not really up-to-date :(

Jeff
25-06-05, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah, misread that. Guess I was just keen for a drive :oops:

Jeff
26-06-05, 07:22 AM
So are we still on?

chrispy
26-06-05, 07:29 AM
NO!

I just rang Peter Haasmann (0412 887 754) and he said that he'd appreciate it if no-one came today. "Tread Lightly" dictates that we'd be seen as ripping up the tracks in the rain.

Next time fellas.....

Jeff
26-06-05, 07:39 AM
Cool. Guess I can go to bed now...

DVL12H
26-06-05, 06:47 PM
notice was a bit late for me... :evil:

i checked this thread at 7:02am and nobody had said anything yet...

So i went, and so did about 12 others and we split up into little groups to 'tread lightly'... :lol:

was actually a good day!!!!

Dorzun
26-06-05, 08:05 PM
well when I woke up on the loiunge around 4 I think it was and heard the rain I knew I'd be sleeping in.

BenC
27-06-05, 09:46 AM
We're really not supposed to be going into Menai when it's raining. Especially when 4WD NSW cancels the cleanup due to poor weather.

chrispy
27-06-05, 10:32 AM
We're really not supposed to be going into Menai when it's raining. Especially when 4WD NSW cancels the cleanup due to poor weather.

As of 7:30, Peter Haasmann hadn't cancelled it Ben. He just "requested" that everyone not bother coming because it wouldn't be seen as politically correct to drive there while wet.

We probably need to learn a lesson here too - given the sensitive nature of our access to Menai in particular. We have Peter H's number, so I think that we need to have the trip leader's number posted so that once he/she rings Peter on the moning of a cleanup, eveyone thinking of attending would call the trip leader to see if it's on. This is only when it's raining......which isn't often these days. :?

BenC
27-06-05, 11:11 AM
Not a bad idea, we'll have a chat about putting it in the mag to get people into the habit.

Dorzun
27-06-05, 12:12 PM
Maybe the trip co-ordinators can say something at next weeks meeting again to drive these home.

Just an idea......