PDA

View Full Version : Off to QLD

SteveC
18-01-12, 12:35 PM
The wife, dog and I are off to Rainbow beach QLD for one - two weeks. I'm hoping to do a 1 DAY side trip to Fraser island.

We'll be just doing a full day, so do you think it's possible to see enough? I really want to get to Eli creek and the wreck but that's way up.
Any one been lately and can offer any suggestions

It's been 30 years since I've been and that was in a very oily 500cc 2 stroke Suzuki!

ps - Naturally will leave the dog at our rented house.

Steve F
18-01-12, 03:35 PM
The ferry statrs running at 6:00am I think so you shoul dhave plenty of time to get over there and get to Eli creek and back in a day. I've been 3 times in the last 7 years and I've done the run from central station to home in a day ;)

Cheers
Steve

Dora
25-01-12, 11:41 PM
I have done a day trip to eli and the wreck with a quick stop at lake mak and late lunch at central station. But I did have the tides on my side that day and took first barge over and just about last barge back. We just took it easy, even tho it sounds action packed lol
It can be done. ;)

Have a great trip.

Sent from Dora's phone

SteveC
07-02-12, 11:54 AM
Well we got back from QLD and well... you know the story about the floods. It rained so much that we didn't get a chance to go to Fraser.

The second image is only a slight indication of the floods which we had to avoid by going through Murwillumbah. It was the second crossing which was about 500m long. Near Grafton it was over six foot deep just 2 k out the CBD
1291. 1292