PDA

View Full Version : Obd 2 laptop car diagnostic & ecu chip tuning software

Spike
27-01-12, 03:56 PM
HiGuys, I have been looking on the forum for this topic but can’t find one.
I’m looking for feedback on diagnostic and tuning software for my 94 XJ jeep, Ihave come across this software and was wondering if any of you use, going touse or have used this type of set up before. I’m looking for a little more than a item to tell me whatthe code is, I have just come across this one, any feedback?

Below is what it claims it can do

TOTAL OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics™
Analyses Your Cars DataIn Real-Time
Analyze Fault Codes andget Solutions (Comprehensive OBD Code Analysis)
ECU Tuning, Remapping,Chip Tuning
Built-indatabase of over 100,000 faultcode definitions (generic and manufacturer-specific)
OxygenSensor test results tab
Full database built-in ofgeneric fault code definitions.
Configure your sensors'ranges, scaling value, audible alert triggers, units, and sampling rate
Reset or Turn-off Warning& Service Lights
Diagnose AC & HeatingEnhanced OBD
Diagnose brakes
Diagnose suspensions EnhancedOBD
Diagnose clutch system EnhancedOBD
Monitorreal time data like: EngineTemperature, O2 Value, RPM, Speedometer, LAC Value, Battery Voltage, IgnitionAngle, etc...
Check Air Conditioning
Increase Your Cars BreakHorse Power BHP HOT!
Access VehiclesElectronics Enhanced OBD
Decode Car Stereo's
Reset Engine Management Light
Check Car Alarm, Security andAnti-Theft System Enhanced OBD
Clear trouble codes and turn off theMIL ("Check Engine" light)
Check transmission and immobilizersystems
CAL ID and CVNdecoding
Recording and playbackof sensor data.
Read freeze-frame data.
Supports all aux. input parametersavailable from the Innovate MotorsportsLM-1 Wide Band O2 meter.
Supports the AEM UEGO wide band O2 meter as an aux. input.
Supports the TechEdge wide band O2 meter as an aux.input.
You can record and playback log files in real time(1ms logging accuracy).
You can save and load your log files for offlineanalysis.
English and Metric (SI) unit measurement systemssupported.
Export with real-time stamps for easy correlationwith external data logs.
View all 11 Inspection/Maintenance systems and Mode6 data
Read the vehicle's diagnostic trouble codes, livevehicle sensors (including wide-band O2sensors), actuate bi-directional controls, reset adaptations, and viewinspection/maintenance system test results to quickly determine what servicethe vehicle requires.

Negdriver
27-01-12, 07:46 PM
Sounds expensive... what program is that? I thought the pre update xj's didn't have OBD connection.

Spike
27-01-12, 10:06 PM
i have no idea if they do or not.. there has to be a way though??? from what i read they recokon that it is compatable ?? but i will have to look into a bit more. Cost is about $50.00 so not to bad but will have to buy the connector which would be another $20 or so i think. I know some of the guys use a "scan gauge" but i dont think that would work on my XJ again not sure

Steve F
27-01-12, 10:29 PM
The early XJ's dont support ODBII only ODBI and the readers for them seem to be a bit more (maybe a lot more?) expensive.

Spike
28-01-12, 02:10 AM
yeah just re-read the info and it states that its does both ODBI & ODBII..
but I have sent a email to the company to fully confirm. So if this is correct it might be a nice peice of equipment to play with. :smile-new:

SteveC
29-01-12, 04:58 PM
I think there r plenty of readers but to modify the ecu needs serious thought and/or expertise

Spike
30-01-12, 08:50 PM
Got a responce back today... no joy for a 94 xj but will work on 96 and up so they say..... not to worry as i have just come accross the codes so i can do it the old way (so to speak).. not bad and i have saved all that money too..