PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Steps Trip

Antz
04-06-05, 07:21 PM
Trip to Spanish Steps (near Lithgow) on 30th July
C+ Grade
Trip Leader: Andrew (Wiz)

Meeting point and time: See post below

This is a C+ trip. A slightly lifted Jeep with good tyres would have no trouble but would be challenging for stock vehicles. Contact Andrew or one of the trip organisers to register your interest.

All vehicles must have appropriate recovery points front and rear and drivers must bring the minimum required recovery gear

wiz
04-06-05, 08:33 PM
add me to the list :mrgreen:

SPANISH STEPS TRIP (Sat 30th July)

Initial Meeting point : BLAXLAND MACCA'S - great western hwy
(approx 10/15 mins from mulgoa rd on the m4)

Time : 8.15 for 8.30 sharp departure
(if your running late we'll be on UHF 15 so you can catch up , otherwise my # 0422439907)

ZigZag Meeting point : err ... ZigZag Railway @ approx 9.15/9.30

Cpage66
04-06-05, 09:58 PM
*puts hand up...*

Steve F
04-06-05, 11:39 PM
I'm in :)

Cheers
Steve

TIGGER
06-06-05, 01:20 PM
bummer, ill be at the snow that week :?

mrp69
06-06-05, 03:52 PM
count me in

chrispy
06-06-05, 05:31 PM
Anyone camping o'nite?

DVL12H
06-06-05, 06:40 PM
count me in as a maybe.... I want to come but not sure of work shifts for that week, hopefully i can get it off...

mrp69
07-06-05, 08:50 AM
i'm keen for an overnighter, see how it goes closer to the date though

BenC
07-06-05, 06:24 PM
I have interest at this stage. If there's going to be driving both days, I might camp as well.

orrr
08-06-05, 12:34 AM
Count me in as a may be too, still not sure about the work on that week ... thanks :P

wiz
08-06-05, 10:40 AM
can someone confirm if access to SpanishSteps revolves around attendance at Menai cleanups :?

where do i book the key :roll: ... :lol:

BenC
08-06-05, 11:00 AM
can someone confirm if access to SpanishSteps revolves around attendance at Menai cleanups :?

Yes it does.

You book the key with the 4WD association. Go to their website/forum and check out the email address to send a booking to. You just email this address with who's going and the date and they book you in. The keys are at the Mobil at Lithgow.

DVL12H
08-06-05, 06:46 PM

Yes it does.

You book the key with the 4WD association. Go to their website/forum and check out the email address to send a booking to. You just email this address with who's going and the date and they book you in. The keys are at the Mobil at Lithgow.

well thats me out... i have attended 3 menai cleanups and all 3 were washed out... so therefore i 'never attended'.... talk about bad luck...

Steve F
08-06-05, 07:37 PM
I'm out too, haven't been able to attend Menai in the last 12 months :(

Cheers
Steve

Antz
08-06-05, 08:54 PM
There are two clean ups before this trip

26th June and 23rd July

Steve F
08-06-05, 09:38 PM
There are two clean ups before this trip

26th June and 23rd July

Hopefully I can make the 23rd then :) 26th is out though :(

DVL12H
09-06-05, 06:59 PM
hopefully i'll get to the 26th of june one, SWEET!!!

wiz
20-06-05, 09:44 AM
Keys are booked in for Sat 30th July :wink:

francesco
28-06-05, 10:52 PM
count me in at this stage but theirs no way i'm camping at Lithgow in the middle of the snow season, you guys are nuts!

Jeff
28-06-05, 11:49 PM
There's a caravan park in blackheath that has cheap cabins, I'm thinking about staying there. It's just down the road from a nice pub.

sir_camel
29-06-05, 12:12 AM
Tentative yes.

mrp69
29-06-05, 09:01 AM
hey guys i am definetly keen on this and am also keen on camping.. only thing is the damn menai cleanup was cancelled... is there going 2 be another prior to this or does this count me out?

BenC
29-06-05, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure wether I'll be in a Jeep or a zook at this stage, but I'm still keen :lol:

Dorzun
29-06-05, 11:19 AM
If I have a running jeep (TJ's also had to go in for gearbox work) I should be there.

Steve F
29-06-05, 02:26 PM
hey guys i am definetly keen on this and am also keen on camping.. only thing is the damn menai cleanup was cancelled... is there going 2 be another prior to this or does this count me out?

There's one more (23 July), I need to attend it too to get on this trip so hopefully the weather will be on our side :)

Cheers
Steve

mrp69
29-06-05, 03:00 PM
yes hopefully so..!

Dorzun
29-06-05, 04:27 PM
I just had a coffee with Dave and was speaking about asking the assoc. to at least have a pre clean up register of attendees for each clean up. That way if they are cancelled then those people that put there hand up to help or turn up on the day only to find no one around won't be penalised.

When you consider the last three have not happened, it is holding people back from doing them and having access to other areas.

Don't know if it will achieve anything but we can only make suggestions.

mrp69
29-06-05, 04:31 PM
Sounds good Brad! Hopefully it does work out.

chrispy
29-06-05, 05:45 PM
When you consider the last three have not happened......

?? Is this true? I've been on plenty - as have a bunch of others over the past few months......

Jetty - weren't you with us?

DVL12H
29-06-05, 06:56 PM

If it was cancelled how come i was there and did the clean up?

sure not many people showed up, but it was still on.

sir_camel
29-06-05, 07:27 PM

If it was cancelled how come i was there and did the clean up?

sure not many people showed up, but it was still on.
Well the cleanup is run by Peter Hassman and Chrispy called him and was told it wasn't on citing worries of treading lightly on such wet trails. There seems to be lots of confusion over these events in the wet.

Cpage66
29-06-05, 09:16 PM

?? Is this true? I've been on plenty - as have a bunch of others over the past few months......

Jetty - weren't you with us?

Yeah...Jetty was on that one. It was Hunter, Jetty, Camel, Steve, Chrispy, myself and some others that day...

Jeff
29-06-05, 11:10 PM
I had the same discussion with Chris on Sunday morning.

I actually cancelled a function I was meant to be at to do the cleanup on Sunday, only to be told that it was cancelled. I'm pretty sure I wont be able to make the 23rd July cleanup due to work commitments, does this mean I miss out on the Spanish Steps trip?

I think this should be brought up at the meeting next Wednesday.

Jetty
29-06-05, 11:55 PM
I decided to go back to sleep last Sunday after seeing Chrispy's post.

I think there was a couple of cancellation earlier this year. April was on with a good turn up. May was cancelled eventhough the weather turned out great that day so we went wheeling instead.

I agree we need to improve the organizing of trips so that last minute cancellation or someone backing out can be communicated timely.

What about the Menai night trips? is this still a monthly club trip?

Anyway, count me in for the Spanist steps.

Dorzun
30-06-05, 10:48 AM

OK, I should have checked all tha facts first instead of going off peoples posts. It was two of the last three, can't remember about March.

So, regardless of what ones did or did not happen it is the idea of putting a register up is what it's about.

BenC
30-06-05, 11:01 AM
I hate to be a pain in the ass, but if you didn't sign in on the 4WD NSW sheet with your name, club and rego number, then you didn't do a cleanup, you just drove around Menai.

Cleanups are very sketchy when it comes to bad weather. If it's even looking like it might rain the day before, or if it's rained a lot in the past week then you should consider it off. They will only conduct a cleanup ni good weather conditions, due to the damage ~100 4WDs driving around in the mud will cause. The land owners do not want people in Menai immediately after, or during bad weather. It's something we have to respect if we want to continue to have access to Menai.

I agree with Jeff, that it's something we should discuss at the July club meeting.

DVL12H
30-06-05, 05:52 PM
on the 26th i signed on with the 4WD NSW guy and he was happy for us to go and clean up... :D

there was only about 20 cars that i saw during the day...

so since i have FINALLY done a clean up (on my 4th attempt) I am in for this trip!! :D :D :D :D :D

Personally IMO, i don't think people should miss out on trips because cleanups have been cancelled... we all do them at some stage, I know i would do them more than once in a year just to get offroad!!!

I agree with jeff and maddog, it should be brought up on wednesday, see u all then!!!

Wooders
01-07-05, 01:23 PM
Another Tentative yes.

JP_Mark
01-07-05, 04:09 PM
I'm also keen for a look at spanish steps so count me in.

FeD
01-07-05, 06:31 PM
I'm also keen for a look at spanish steps so count me in.

Another Tentative yes.

will be good to see you guys out and about again....... we could call this the sjc reunion @ the spanish steps!!! :lol:

jeffies idea of the cabins at blackheath and the local pub is sounding like a good option :wink:

shall be a good trip.:wink:

Wolfe
02-07-05, 12:29 PM
Im keen to do spanish steps and camp out, ill need to do next clean up though

Jeff
02-07-05, 04:48 PM
Blackheath Caravan Park (http://tol.aaatourism.com.au/details.asp?sit=1&sid=&rid=-1&aid=1&pid={378E001B-7155-471A-96D4-134AC6D51F89}) - $50 a night last winter. Wasnt too bad

Lithgow Caravan Park (http://lithgowcaravanpark.com.au/) - Cheap & looks cheerful

wiz
02-07-05, 05:46 PM
Blackheath Caravan Park (http://tol.aaatourism.com.au/details.asp?sit=1&sid=&rid=-1&aid=1&pid={378E001B-7155-471A-96D4-134AC6D51F89}) - $50 a night last winter. Wasnt too bad

Lithgow Caravan Park (http://lithgowcaravanpark.com.au/) - Cheap & looks cheerful

which is the best option Jeffy :roll: , ie best pub :mrgreen:
as long as its crawlin' distance back to the abode :wink:

NOTE: i can pick up the key from either QuakersHill , EmuHeights , Blaxland or Lithgow :? ... need to let 'em know the week b4 :)

wiz
02-07-05, 06:00 PM
ATTENDEES:
Antz
C/T/K ... JBrad
Cpage66
DVL12H
Francesco
Hunter
Jetty
JoeyXj
JpMark
Maddog
mrp69(Pavlo)
SirCamel
SteveF
SteveTaylor
wiz
Wolfe
Wooders :roll:

MAYBE's:
AussieCJ7
Chrispy

Jeff
03-07-05, 01:53 PM
The Gardeners Inn is a niceish pub with a kick arse bistro, plus a big open fire with couches & whatnot. Just down the road from the Blackheath Caravan park. The Inn does have rooms, but they suck big time.

Don't know pubs in Lithgow sorry.

mrp69
04-07-05, 08:59 AM
so no-one is up for some outdoor camping? :lol:

Dorzun
04-07-05, 09:28 AM
OK, all things going well I'll be there in the TJ.

I'm up for camping if others are but I'll be heading home on sunday morning as my leave pass will not extend to two full days of wheel'n.

mrp69
04-07-05, 09:30 AM
Sounds good Brad, i'm keen 2 camp also will see who else puts there hand up :lol: :lol:

Should have my TJ back next week

Dorzun
04-07-05, 09:32 AM
C/T/K ... JBrad

Yes, it's a bit confussing at the mo.

where would be good meeting point & time guys?

I'd say Richmond but that's cause I normally go over the top that way. Time, 8.00 AM for 8.30 departure?????

Wooders
04-07-05, 12:41 PM
ATTENDEES:
MAYBE's:

Bite me :wink:
Well I'll try harder to attend this time :oops:

sir_camel
05-07-05, 01:10 AM
ATTENDEES:
MAYBE's:

Bite me :wink:
Well I'll try harder to attend this time :oops:

In 3 years in the club i think i have been on about 3 trips with Wooders. Onya mate, seeya at Lithgow in a few weeks time :)

AussieCJ7
05-07-05, 07:39 AM
put me on the maybe list

DVL12H
05-07-05, 07:03 PM
is this offcially a ONE day trip or TWO day trip??

I am keen for the one day :D , but two days MAY be possible... :wink:

wiz
07-07-05, 01:49 PM
Update : SPANISH STEPS TRIP - Saturday 30th July

(if your running late we'll be on UHF 15 so you can catch up , otherwise my # 0422439907)

i've also edited the first page of this thread :wink:

Hunter
13-07-05, 05:44 PM
Please count me in as a maybe wiz.

Got a big party on that day, don't know it will start from noon or evening yet. :?

What time your camping guys will be there to on Sunday? It's there anyone want to go on Sunday morning? and BTW, how far away it is from let's say Parramatta? :oops:

DVL12H
13-07-05, 05:52 PM
can we get a list of who is camping and who is not?

you can put me on the not camping list

Cheers

Dorzun
18-07-05, 04:20 PM
I'm in, but just for saturday now.

I need to be at home earning as many brownie points as I can due to emptying the bank accounts fixing broken jeeps.

Wooders
19-07-05, 09:20 PM
I'd be a day tripper too :cry:

sir_camel
19-07-05, 11:59 PM
I am IN. Bring it on> Havent been up there for a long time. Looks like this is going to be the BIG SJC trip of the year.

Wooders
20-07-05, 09:56 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

wiz
21-07-05, 12:44 AM
Sunday morning - how about at the maccas on the m4?
I will be attending now - just not 100% certain which Jeeo will be running :oops:

Sunday??? :roll:

anyhoo ... Blaxland Macca's should be about 25mins or so from M4 Macca's if that helps :wink:

Dorzun
21-07-05, 09:15 AM
So is anyone overnighting, either cqamp or pub????

I can get a leave pass for both day's but need to know???

BenC
21-07-05, 09:39 AM
So which day is the Spanish Steps trip? Saturday or Sunday?

FeD
21-07-05, 09:47 AM
So which day is the Spanish Steps trip? Saturday or Sunday?

saturday the 30th

Wooders
21-07-05, 05:18 PM
Sunday morning - how about at the maccas on the m4?
I will be attending now - just not 100% certain which Jeeo will be running :oops:

Sunday??? :roll:

anyhoo ... Blaxland Macca's should be about 25mins or so from M4 Macca's if that helps :wink:

:oops:
Sorry Kerrod confused me with his Sunday reference above........
Ferget it....I'll be there SATURDAY morning at BLAXLAND maccas :lol:

Wooders
21-07-05, 05:22 PM
BTW is there a register of who/when we've done a cleanup......I THINK the last clean up i've done was this year...... :?:

AussieCJ7
21-07-05, 05:30 PM
For those that are completly confused over the requirements for being allowed to enter spanish steps area.

We were always under the impression based on corrosondance from last year that Spanish steps and Menai both required at least one NSW4wd working day to be completed within that year to qualify for access

Well I have been trying to sort out what happens for those that wanted to attend a canceled cleanup but missed out , well the long and short of it the menai committee's attitude is too bad as it would be impossible to track ( fair enough I guess) but Peter Hassman was not aware that you had to do a Menai clean up for access to Spanish Steps ?????? So even those guys are confused ??

What do I make if this well I am even more confused now, so if you have done a clean up or attended the spanish steps work parties within the last 12 months I figure you should be right to go and if we are wrong we can redirect it to the menai committee to sort out

Dorzun
21-07-05, 06:08 PM
to ad to the confussion a bit then,

when and where are details for Spanish Steps working parties posted? Clubs could assist in the matter of helping with their register for postponed days by recording a list of those who actually showed up, problem is not all clubs would be as honest as others so there's many flaws in that idea, but an idea nontheless.

If the two are not tied tthen how is anyone to know.

Dave there's something else that came to mind but I'll talk to you off line about it rather than sending this off topic to much.

Antz
21-07-05, 06:33 PM
I believe the working parties for the Spanish Steps are not an ongoing thing, they were only organised to put up the gates just after the track closed.

I had a look through my records and the following list of people have attended at cleanup in the last 12 months. I am not saying its a complete list and if your name is not on it you may still be eligible, these are people that have attended cleanups that I have been trip leader on.

Jetty
Chrispy
Chris P
Hunter
Camel
Tigger
DVL12H
Orrr
Wooders
Antz
Geoff
Steve F
Bruce
Wiz
George
Joe
Steve T

Hunter
22-07-05, 11:30 AM
The party got canceled so I am in too!!! :D

Looking forward to see you on that day.

Wooders
22-07-05, 12:48 PM
As my hero MrBurns would say....Excellent :twisted:

Jeff
23-07-05, 01:38 PM
I'm out... gotta move house :evil:

DVL12H
23-07-05, 01:52 PM
As my hero MrBurns would say....Excellent :twisted:

Wooders:

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lghr0326.jpg

wiz
24-07-05, 12:52 PM
Updated list of who's coming to SpanishSteps on Saturday 30th July:

ATTENDEES:
Antz
C/T/K ... JBrad
Cpage66
DVL12H
Francesco
Hunter
Jetty
JoeyXj
JpMark
Maddog
Rob
SirCamel
SteveTaylor
wiz
Wolfe

MAYBE's:
AussieCJ7
Chrispy

BenC
24-07-05, 03:53 PM
Sweet :)

I'll See you guys at The ZigZag carpark.

Wooders
25-07-05, 09:08 PM
I don't FRIKKEN believe this :evil: :x :evil:
ARRRGHHHHH I'm now out......
Have urgent family crissis to attend to :(

Steve F
26-07-05, 10:38 AM
I'm out too, last minute stuff has come up.

Cheers
Steve

TheBeast
26-07-05, 11:46 AM
How may cars are going as I'm thinking of joining in too :roll:

Antz
26-07-05, 12:59 PM
How may cars are going as I'm thinking of joining in too :roll:

Looks like about 15 or so, see the last post on page 3.

sir_camel
28-07-05, 03:59 PM
Can't wait. Bought my new snatch strap today. Should be a fun day.

Dorzun
28-07-05, 06:21 PM
me niether, it'll be my maiden trip in the TJ. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JP_Mark
28-07-05, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately I'm out for this trip - didn't make it to the Menai clean-up. Have a good one.

ann
29-07-05, 08:41 AM
me niether, it'll be my maiden trip in the TJ. :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have informed Kimmoi (pronounced same as in Kath and Kim) she need to take lots of photos of you Brad else you'll get a complex after none at the clean up ;)

mrp69
29-07-05, 10:43 AM
I'm also out at this stage got to work tommorrow.... :oops: :cry:

Cpage66
29-07-05, 02:26 PM
I just broke the damn Grand again...same thing as two months ago, the plate that holds the diff housing to the subframe. Got it back to the neighborhood mechanic who fixed it last time (as it broke right in front of his station last time) and if he can get the part today he can fix it this evening and I'll be there in the morning, if not I ain't gonna be there...We shall see. :evil: :evil:

sir_camel
29-07-05, 03:01 PM
Did someone spray the mortein around, droppin like flies.

ann
29-07-05, 03:33 PM
its a jeep thing ;)

AussieCJ7
29-07-05, 04:08 PM
my maybe is now a No wife has an appointment we can not change so I am baby sitting :roll:

BenC
29-07-05, 06:07 PM
I'm still coming!!!!!!!!

Will see you guys at 9.15 at the carpark. Give me a call if there's any change to the time or meeting point.

I'll have 5 copies of the Berridale DVD with me too 8)

chrispy
29-07-05, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys - but we're out. We'll be down at Grabine State Park/Wyangala areas with our other club (the High Country 4x4 Club) for the weekend. Normally trips don't co-incide....... :(

Have a good one!

DVL12H
29-07-05, 06:35 PM
I'm still in!!!

SEE YOU AT MACCA'S!!! 0815!

Cpage66
29-07-05, 09:07 PM
Well, My weekend is wrecked...Nobody in Sydney apparently had the part and he'll have it up from Melbourne by lunch Monday...

Ya'll have a good one!!!! :cry:

sir_camel
30-07-05, 09:01 PM
What a great trip. A heep of jeeps, a zook (new club mascot) and some very very very near rolls (about 4 or 5). Uploaded all my pics. Not many good ones tho. Bring on the videos and the other pics.

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/sircamel/lithgowjuly30/

Wolfe
30-07-05, 10:20 PM
top photos camel , bring em on

What a great day thanks for organising it Wiz and thanks to maddog for the drive way mechanics and thanks for the diff oil joe.
Please schedule that area for more runs that was awesome

Dorzun
30-07-05, 10:42 PM
yeh top day guy's and gal's.

can't wait till I learn how to drive the new toy properly though

sir_camel
30-07-05, 10:59 PM

What a great day thanks for organising it Wiz and thanks to maddog for the drive way mechanics and thanks for the diff oil joe.

Wat happened wolfman

Antz
31-07-05, 12:27 AM
Great club trip. I thought the day went smoothly considering the number of vehicles.

Posted a few of my pics here

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/antz-gallery/spanishstepsJuly2005/

Lets see the rest, especially the video footage, I've never seen so many cameras on a trip before.

DVL12H
31-07-05, 02:08 AM

Wat happened wolfman

Wolfe and I both stopped on the highway with problem... Then Maddog and Wiz came to our rescue... I was peeing out optimax, i lost about 20 litres in 3 km roughly... thanks for Maddog for spotting it! Wiz and Maddog found where it was leaking from and fixed it

Wolf had some diff/drive shaft trouble?? joe filled his diff back up with oil, but we stopped again for Maddog and Wiz to take a look... he took a nice gentle ride home at 60km/hr...

Thanks again to Maddog and Wiz for all your help.... if you had not have spotted it and fixed it i could have blown it up or got towed... not sure which would be more expensive on the hip pocket???

Thanks again boys!

My pics will be on tomorrow as i have just got home and slightly intocitaed!

Jetty
31-07-05, 07:03 AM
Great trip! Thanks guys especially to wiz and rach for fixing me up (not my jeep but my knee). All ok now just a little bit swollen.
It's good to see some great variety of Jeeps, too. Tall, large and wide jeeps and that zook, he he.

My wife wasn't so happy i didn't get her the apple pie at the Apple Tree shop at Bilpin as the shop was already closed. I have to be a good boy next next time.

I also missed my turn at Richmond and end up following Mark all the way to castle hill. For some reason no one can hear my radio call. I can only hear mark when i am really close behind him and even breaking up. so sorry guys i didn't mean to be rude. I need to have this radio check.

Will cut my video in short mpegs and put it here somewhere soon or email them.

Cheers.

Wolfe
31-07-05, 07:20 AM
rear pinion seal and bearing was stuffed and getting worse so we went to maddogs parents house and the boys (maddog and wiz) pulled out the rear shaft so I could drive home in front wheel drive.
So now i gots me a sports car yeehaa im taking the little missus to briten lee sands and we's going cruzin

FeD
31-07-05, 11:48 AM
twas a great trip indeed, thanks to all that came and thanks to Antz for leading us round a great track! :D

Wolfe & DVLISH , glad to hear that you both finally got home ... hope the repairs dont hurt your wallets too bad! :?

Jetty also glad to hear your knee is a little better today, you are very lucky to only have bruising and swelling ... that was an almighty thump that i felt from the top of the hill. :oops:

a C grade trip never turns out to be C .... :wink:

Yes the boyz just into the start of the track found themselves a little A grade trail.....
off Brad goes with no hesitations in his new toy up the track and made all our hearts stop for a shear few seconds........
Brad was driving the V ....... you could say it was airborn on its side.... hard to explain only the video footage and pics can tell the story!

Camel was next and after a few attempts chose a nice line and got up.

Then a few others gave it ago with a few more hairy scary moments and Camel style lines...Wiz and Joey both getting wheels off the ground....once again only vid footage and pics can tell the story....

Thanks to the strap b@$ches as they called themselves.....yes i have that on tape as well Wolfe! you saved many!

Wolfe, you had me and Wiz in stitches last night watching the vid footage......the part where Antz was driving that last tough track we found....i was at the bottom of the tack and Wolfe was at the top, next thing you know through my video lense i see Wolfe flying down the hill (on his legs) with no brakes, he was getting closer and closer and there was no way i was moving or turnng off the camera as I was hoping it could be some footage that could win me some money on funniest home videos show. :lol:

as usual the Zook kept us entertained, but mainly only when Ben was driving, Kimmoi showed us all how the girls can drive.....impressive drive up the slippery rock @ the Powerlines. :D

so as you can read from everyones posts, it was a great day, lotz of good drives, great bunch of ppl.
:mrgreen:

RACH

BenC
31-07-05, 12:45 PM
Another top trip. Looking forward to doing some more trips in this area, as there's some pretty cool stuff to be driven 8)

I've put some pics up here.

http://maddog.zook.org/spanish-steps-30-07-05

Thanks to Wiz and Antz for organising the day. :D

sir_camel
31-07-05, 01:26 PM
Another top trip. Looking forward to doing some more trips in this area, as there's some pretty cool stuff to be driven 8)

:D

It'd be good to spend a day seraching round up there for some good trails as there are so many. Great pics too everyone.

wiz
31-07-05, 02:43 PM
thanx for the day out :wink: & Antz/Maddog for guiding us around :D
seems that everyone enjoyed themselves ...
i know i sure did , even though i got home about 9.30 or so :D

the pics look pretty kewl , nice work ... i'll get Karmen's on monday and post it up too

Rach's vid footage is most excellant :mrgreen: ... will try to get it to dvd(unedited) in the next week or so :D

Thanx again guys/girls for the day & look forward to the next C Grade Trip out there :wink:

DVL12H
31-07-05, 03:37 PM
great day, gotta love our C Grade Trips

Here are my pics and two small vids...

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/Devilish/SJC+Spanish+Steps+30-7-05/

Antz
31-07-05, 06:00 PM
It was all planned out as a C grade trip because there are always plenty of harder trips on offer and the idea was to try to involve more club members who prefer a C grade style of drive. But as always seems to happen just about all the Jeeps that turn up are from the more modified ranks. Apart from the new club mascot, everyone was dual locked weren't they?

DVL12H
31-07-05, 06:55 PM
not me... i can't afford them yet....

wiz
31-07-05, 07:30 PM
It was all planned out as a C grade trip because there are always plenty of harder trips on offer and the idea was to try to involve more club members who prefer a C grade style of drive. But as always seems to happen just about all the Jeeps that turn up are from the more modified ranks.

Exactly Antz ,
we never intented when planning for this trip for it to be any more than its original classification as a C Grade trip :wink:
was hoping that this type of trip and area would entice some of the newer SJCmembers or those with less modded / standard vehicles to attend & wheel :roll: ...
but given the trucks that attended(usual suspects) and the variety of terrain(from D - A grade) around the Newnes/Lithgow we made the most of it :D

Wolfe
31-07-05, 08:12 PM
Id love to see that video rach sounds funny. Devlish's video of Brad just shows how tame this trip was and how all members should really try to get out at least on a "c " grade trip once in a while. Its great fun and the sense of comaraderie thats it builds is great a real nice bunch of people and a great day . Thanks again everybody

Cpage66
31-07-05, 09:07 PM
From the fun it sounded ya'll had I'm really ticked at that part breaking...
When's the club planning on going back to that area???? :lol:

Hunter
01-08-05, 10:17 AM
I feel really sorry to miss this one because I was still hang over that morning after the party on Friday night :( woke up nearly 11am with headache Saturday morning. :cry:

Dorzun
01-08-05, 10:32 AM
From the fun it sounded ya'll had I'm really ticked at that part breaking...
When's the club planning on going back to that area???? :lol:

veruy soon,. just working out when I can do an exporation weekend.

When it is set it will be restricted on vehicle numbers though.

Dorzun
01-08-05, 03:03 PM
Rach's vid footage is most excellant :mrgreen: ... will try to get it to dvd(unedited) in the next week or so :D

I'm going to make a DVD up off the day with my footage so if you can send me it I can add yours to it.

Same goes for you Jetty.

Hope the knees alright. Did you get it Xray'd to make sure it's just bruising. It was an almighty thud you made, twice as loud as the out of control bouylder rolling down the hill.

sir_camel
01-08-05, 06:28 PM

I'm going to make a DVD up off the day with my footage so if you can send me it I can add yours to it.

Same goes for you Jetty.

Hope the knees alright. Did you get it Xray'd to make sure it's just bruising. It was an almighty thud you made, twice as loud as the out of control bouylder rolling down the hill.

I'd love any DVD's that get made up. Will flip you a few $$$ for them if u want.

Jetty
03-08-05, 07:54 PM
I burned the individual video clips as DV data files in a DVD disk so you can use it with your other footages. Brad, I could give it to you if you're in Chats or pm me your address and I'll post it to you.

I only have the video on that A trail but it was the coolest footage. Quickest to climb the V was the big bad Wolfe then followed by Mark's Army TJ. Coolest air was Joey's XJ and The Wiz. I didn't get Brad's attempt apparently it was the scariest.

I wasn't able to attend the meeting tonight as I need to work back. I could have brought it to the meeting.

FeD
04-08-05, 01:01 PM
i have also just made a video cd using everyones still shots from the trip, goes for about 11 minutes.....
makes for some good watching seeing everyones pics from different angles :wink: .

DVL12H
04-08-05, 05:15 PM
Sounds good rach, what do we have to do to get a copy?? 8)

FeD
04-08-05, 06:25 PM
Sounds good rach, what do we have to do to get a copy?? 8)

pm your address and i will post you a copy:D ....

DVL12H
04-08-05, 11:24 PM
woohoo!! PM Sent!!!

P.s. my jeep still not on the roads yet.... the service department is taking it's sweet ass time gettin the parts from melbourne... supposedly overnight... 4 days later i'm still waiting...... :cry:

sir_camel
10-08-05, 12:02 AM
What a great trip. A heep of jeeps, a zook (new club mascot) and some very very very near rolls (about 4 or 5). Uploaded all my pics. Not many good ones tho. Bring on the videos and the other pics.

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/sircamel/lithgowjuly30/

Slowly adding some vids to the link above. On last page. So far Brad, Me and Wolfe. Is there a limit to file sizes we can upload there?

Antz
10-08-05, 10:12 AM
Who is going to write the trip report?

BenC
10-08-05, 10:20 AM
I think you just volunteered :P

Dorzun
10-08-05, 12:12 PM
Thanks for putting your habd up Antz. Any chance you can have it to me by the 19th for next months mag?

Antz
10-08-05, 02:14 PM
:roll:

Dorzun
12-08-05, 09:08 AM
Version 1 of the dvd is ready to go for anybody who may want a copy.

I'll do nother one over the next few weeks months and re distribute.

If you want a copy email me you addy and I'll post one out. Which reminds me, I'd better go and get some blank dvd's.

Jetty
17-08-05, 11:27 PM
Brad, got my copy of the Spanish Steps DVD when I got home tonight. Great editing and loved the soundtrack, too. At times the tempo of the music matches the action of the video. Watched it a couple of times while having my dinner.
Its the first time i saw your attempt of the V as some of us were still in our jeeps when you climb it. It was scary already seeing it in video must be more scarier for some who were there.

Thanks for sending me a copy. Its a great souvenir of that trip.

Dorzun
18-08-05, 12:00 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

The other version was better but I thought it was going to be too big to cut to dvd. Ah well, I'm still learning and for my third editiing job I'm pretty happy so far.

ann
18-08-05, 01:23 PM
My problem watching the DVD (received yesterday thanks Brad) is everytime I see you up on two wheels I yell "Brad what are you doing!?!?" at the TV! Oh and Joe for that matter!

It stresses me out Brad stop it!

Dorzun
18-08-05, 01:28 PM
I was only following the spotter (your other half, not the better half)

and my foot slipped, it's character building anyways.

I'll burn the raw footage of kimmoi for you guy's as well.

Just wished I'd got more, very very amuaaing stuff that never made it to tape.

But there's always next time. After that trip I want a stock zook too.

I'm thinking I need to start on something for Kyanah's first car and what better start than a zook.

ann
18-08-05, 02:52 PM
Stick some 31"s under it and we could start an all girls comp team ;)

Rach
Me
Kim
Kyanah (oh come on Ive seen her driving!)

You could be our reserve Brad ;)

Dorzun
18-08-05, 03:02 PM
are you (as others do) calling me a big girl????

Maybe I could convince Heather.

An all girls team would be cool. can you imagine the cheering from the crowd. :lol:

ann
18-08-05, 03:10 PM
Yeh and we could all drive topless..

READ: The jeeps topless not the chicks!

The crowds would be pretty ferral and I dont want to imagine.. :roll:

sir_camel
26-08-05, 02:11 PM
I've done my first ever DVD on my mac using iMovie. Finished it off today using some of Jetty's footage. Shoot me a PM if you want a copy. About 18 mins worth

Jaffas
28-08-05, 10:22 AM
Yeh and we could all drive topless..

READ: The jeeps topless not the chicks!

The crowds would be pretty ferral and I dont want to imagine.. :roll:

You might end up with the biggest support crowd of any one!!