PDA

View Full Version : ESP BAS light

DLE068
10-02-12, 02:29 PM
Has anybody had any problems with the ESP light coming on in their JK. Any suggestions as to what to do about it?

Miraz
10-02-12, 03:19 PM
It can mean a whole variety of things....I've got a code reader that will extract the cause of the problem - usually comes down to wheel alignment or failed wheel speed sensors

reyzor
10-02-12, 04:29 PM
lifted the car recently? steering wheel off centre? like geoff said, could be anythign

DLE068
10-02-12, 04:58 PM
Still bog standard. Only been off the road twice. Going to lift it very soon. Waiting on a kit.

jeep_jk112
10-02-12, 05:59 PM
Mine came on on the 8th of jan and dissapeared on the 5th of feb without fixing anything...
I'm pretty sure it was because my steering wheel is off centre but without fixing it the esp bas must have reset itself and decided to work!

Miraz
10-02-12, 07:54 PM
Still bog standard. Only been off the road twice. Going to lift it very soon. Waiting on a kit.

Most common cause is that you've hit the front track bar on something and bent it enough to upset the computer...very easy to do

DLE068
11-02-12, 01:08 PM
That's the sensor that's gone off. Took it to jeep to find out what error code it was. The track bar sensor has triggered. $&?!@$ stupid electronic sensor crap.

jeep_jk112
11-02-12, 04:34 PM
One thing i noticed just before is that my steering wheel used to be off to the right by about 30-40 mm, since stockton when the lights turned off its now out to the left to the same amount..
Think something might be loose up in the front end?
Add to that the foot wells are full of water from this rain, luckily all the seats and console are dry so i can't tell where its getting in....
Its a jeep thing i keep telling myself haha!