PDA

View Full Version : Would like to change my front seats, idears please?

onewing
10-02-12, 02:50 PM
Hi all i have a 2006 renegade and i would like to change the front seats to something more comfortable. Any idears on what type i can fit weather they be out of another jeep model or some other make. Cheers

AussieCJ7
13-02-12, 03:47 PM
depends what you want

Off road I love a full fixed back bucket as they hold you tighter than ..... but you have to get the right size for you and if your too wide they are impossible to sit in

Recaro is the default standard if you have a bad back and need more support

one thing to be mindful of is the TJ seats are not too big so some designs with big shoulder wings look odd,

Retro fitting out of other cars never seems to have the right result for me but if you are going that path smaller jap sports cars like MX 5 are the go as they are similar shape and size seats

Wooders
13-02-12, 07:15 PM
Personally I prefer the early TJ (pre 2003) over the later TJ seats.
And these would be the "easiest" swap.
Also depends on what you want & your size - small race seats whilst supportive aren't always the best, especially if you have a larger butt (like myself).
Mastercraft & the like are very nice seats, but more expensive and also generally not ADR'ed.

onewing
16-02-12, 02:17 PM
I'll have to get around and have a look at a few different seats.
depends what you want

Off road I love a full fixed back bucket as they hold you tighter than ..... but you have to get the right size for you and if your too wide they are impossible to sit in

Recaro is the default standard if you have a bad back and need more support

one thing to be mindful of is the TJ seats are not too big so some designs with big shoulder wings look odd,

Retro fitting out of other cars never seems to have the right result for me but if you are going that path smaller jap sports cars like MX 5 are the go as they are similar shape and size seats