PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lyle Saturday 25/02/2012

TRBN8R
14-02-12, 06:53 PM
Hi Guys

No trips due to the rains for a while... Right foot very Itchy.... Lake Lyall is the safest bet due to quick water drainage because of the rocky terrain. Planning a day out on Saturday 25/02/2012.... Will be doing mostly C grade with very little B (Chicken tracks available). Will be one shallow water crossing only about 15-20 inches deep max. The main ones will need a submarine to cross, So will not be attempted. Hunty's Bog hole will not be attempted as I dont know its location.... The trip will be short and quick. I am planning to be back on the road by 1500 Hrs As I need to be at a BBQ by 1800 Hrs. If people want to stayback afterwards and explore around they are free to do so. All the hard bits will have chicken tracks around them. All type of Jeeps welcome. If a new member wants to attend u r welcome as it will be a very easy trip to learn 4wding, If someone wants to ride with me I have a couple of free seats......

Guys with Closer to stock Jeeps need not worry as I will not be attempting nothing that will endanger ur and ur Jeep's Safety....Guys with monster trucks can form a splinter group and head on to Mt Walker and more challenging trips etc....

Where -- Lake Lyle @ Lithgow,

When -- Saturday 25/02/2012,

Meet -- At Richmond Macca's at 0730 Hrs, depart by 0745 Hrs to travel in convoy to the Lithgow or meet at Lithgow Shell Station (1, Great western Hwy, South Bowenfels) @ 0900 Hrs,

Grade -- "C with a little bit of B"

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drinks of choice, Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Other Friend/Kids, camera.....

This run is limited to 10 vehicles including me..............

Guys I know a little bit of Lake Lyle area and intend to see some more tracks, so this will be a light trip including some exploration of the area to locate some tracks we did with the club. If u know more tracks or u have logged previous club trips on ur GPS u r more than welcome to lead.

Further info contact ---Mani 0405801230 , or post up your intent to attend the run..........

1. Mani @ TRBN8R @ Richmond Meccas
2. Reg & Maggie @ Bear
3. Spike
4. Greg @ GregD
5. Andy @ Redrubi
6. Ian @ Flatfender
7. Bert @ Bert A
8. Dave @ DK
9.Big Blue
10. TK421
11. SteveF

Cheers and happy Jeepin........

Mani

Bear
14-02-12, 07:22 PM
Mani would like to try to see if we can make it to this trip.

Bear

Spike
14-02-12, 08:05 PM
Hi Mani, can you please add me to this trip.. Thanks
Les

Greg D
15-02-12, 01:59 AM
Mani,
Please include me for this trip.
Greg

Hunno
15-02-12, 01:59 PM
Good on you Mani,
Enjoy, sorry I can't make it as I'll be somewhere in the Pacific by then.

p.s. don't forget your trip register.

reyzor
15-02-12, 02:52 PM
mani can you pencil me in for this..... im nto to sure how i am going to go with work, but for now i would like to say yes........

also, if anyone has a gps to log the trip, make notes etc that would be great for the jambo trip prep.....

Flatfender
15-02-12, 04:06 PM
Please put me on the list Mani
Thanks
Ian W.

TRBN8R
15-02-12, 04:10 PM
Hi Ian... Long time no see..... Will be good to see flatfender on the tracks after a while......

bert-a
15-02-12, 07:28 PM
Hello Mani,
Pls. put me in the list as I need to shake the rust out of my jeep.

I got a mate who want to come along, He Got a jeep cherokee
which He been using for off roading and is interested to join the trip with the club.
Hopefully there be a spot for a guess.

Cheers,
Bert

TRBN8R
15-02-12, 07:59 PM
Hello Mani,
Pls. put me in the list as I need to shake the rust out of my jeep.

I got a mate who want to come along, He Got a jeep cherokee
which He been using for off roading and is interested to join the trip with the club.
Hopefully there be a spot for a guess.

Cheers,
Bert

Hi Bert,

You know the club policy "financial members get the first priority".... If a spot left he can join us as a guest of the club......

Cheers

Mani

Negdriver
16-02-12, 01:20 AM
Dang it, I'm working that weekend. Oh how I wish I was going :heart-borken:

D.K.
16-02-12, 02:32 PM
Hi Mani,
can you put me down as first reserve ...not sure at this stage.... i could make it in the, ahem, GU patrol.

Dave

Nekked
16-02-12, 06:50 PM
Count me in :)

Alex

Dieselcon
16-02-12, 08:04 PM
Hi Mani,
can you put me down as first reserve ...not sure at this stage.... i could make it in the, ahem, GU patrol.

Dave

Bless you.

bigblue
17-02-12, 12:14 AM
Hi Mani,

Put me down for reserve spot... (fingers crossed) :)

Thanks

reyzor
17-02-12, 12:04 PM
mani im out...sorry mate

TK421
18-02-12, 07:31 AM
Count us in - we have been meaning to go - it will be perfect weather.

TK421.

jbrad
19-02-12, 12:04 AM
Hi team

I'd love to join you but am still in QLD - land of the cane toads. I hope you get good weather as it spoilt a lot of my plans over the last 5 weeks for getting my Jeep out and playing.
Good call on the choice of locations Mani.

Cheers

Jas

ian C
21-02-12, 11:50 AM
Mani, I'm out sorry. bugger fragen rasen nagen bloody stuffen fargeen

Nekked
23-02-12, 04:52 PM
I'm out, sorry guys. The jeep is sick, did a little damage to her over the weekend exploring my families property.

Good news is, we have a 1000acre property just south of Sydney that I'm starting to map out and create some trails on, and when nearly ready I'd love to host a club day down there for everyone to come explore and have some fun. There will be tracks of all grades, BBQ and camping facilities also.

Have fun this weekend guys.

TRBN8R
23-02-12, 05:05 PM
Thats a very good news..... Its a great news that u r happy to share ur property with the club... Will see you on some other club run...

jeep_jk112
23-02-12, 07:29 PM
Was up there last weekend trying to get some idea of where everything is and i still have no idea! climbed walker so i'm pretty happy with that
Managed to do 2 of the river crossings even though the river was still abit higher then usual, i think lyell was at 100%
Have fun guys!

Wolfe
23-02-12, 08:52 PM
I'm out, sorry guys. The jeep is sick, did a little damage to her over the weekend exploring my families property.

Good news is, we have a 1000acre property just south of Sydney that I'm starting to map out and create some trails on, and when nearly ready I'd love to host a club day down there for everyone to come explore and have some fun. There will be tracks of all grades, BBQ and camping facilities also.

Have fun this weekend guys.

Just say the word and we'll be there

Greg D
24-02-12, 06:59 PM
Weather looks good. I'll see you at Richmond, Man

Greg

Steve F
24-02-12, 07:05 PM
Room for one more? I'd like to try and grab a spot if there still is one? Didn't notice if there were anymore drop outs?

Edit, I noticed Alex is on the list but has since dropped out, didn't check all the others.

Cheers
Steve

TRBN8R
24-02-12, 07:39 PM
Room for one more? I'd like to try and grab a spot if there still is one? Didn't notice if there were anymore drop outs?

Edit, I noticed Alex is on the list but has since dropped out, didn't check all the others.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for pointing ou Steve... TK421 and SteveF u r on guys... See you both tomorrow......

Steve F
24-02-12, 07:57 PM
Cool, see you at Maccas :) and happy to show you the track that goes down to the mudhole while we're there and if we go past that way.

Cheers
Steve

Spike
24-02-12, 09:34 PM
Hi Guys, should be a great day tomorrow. See you at Macca's

Nekked
25-02-12, 11:39 AM
So jealous, wish my jeep wasnt busted. Have a great day today guys and girls.

Negdriver
25-02-12, 08:33 PM
I hope you guys had fun today. I demand pics! :highly_amused:

Steve F
25-02-12, 09:18 PM
It was a great day, looking forward to the pics myself :) Big thanks to Mani for organising it. Cheers Steve

Flatfender
25-02-12, 09:32 PM
Great trip Mani, and you laid some good weather on for us too.
Just remind me to keep my windscreen up through the mud holes next time!
Cheers
Ian W.

Spike
25-02-12, 09:45 PM
Great day guys, Weather was great and so was the company.......:smile-new:
only down side was on my way home i blew the power steering hose.... oh but what fun today

D.K.
25-02-12, 10:53 PM
Great day, good effort by Maggie on the last hill climb.

TRBN8R
26-02-12, 08:29 AM
I have some pics but forgot to click any after lunch..... Will update them 2morrow....... What good weather we had ....... Wish we get some more weekends like this before winter......... Sorry to hear about ur steering hose Spike.... Did u make it alright to home..... I was running low on transmission fluid as well so it was getting hot...... Upon inspection I foung the front driveshaft had made contact with the transmission pan and created a tiny little leak in the seal..... So A transmission service will fix it.....The real fix will be a skinnier drive shaft. Any one selling Tom Woods front driveshaft for a 4dr auto for cheap.......

TRBN8R
26-02-12, 08:31 AM
I think this was the first time everyone on the list actually showed up...... Good effort guys.......

bigblue
26-02-12, 09:34 AM
Thanks Mani!!
What a great day we had.
And thanks to everyone for the advice on different sections...

Drew

reyzor
26-02-12, 10:49 AM
any trip reports or notes for jambo?

Steve F
26-02-12, 10:54 AM
A few of us mapped it, I'll post some details in the Jambo section later today or tonight. For Jambo the only thing I'd do is change the end of the trip so we didn;t pop out on the Hwy but rather go back to camp through the pine forest, any easy change :)

Cheers
Steve

redrubi
26-02-12, 08:30 PM
G-Day Mani,

Thanks for another great trip! Your trip organisational skills are something the Jambo will really benefit from!

Cheers

Andy & Charl:pirate:

Maggie
28-02-12, 12:43 PM
Bear and I had a good day ... still waiting for photos. Did any one get a photo of me coming up that rock ledge at the top of the last hill climb, would love to get a copy if so. A long time since I have driven on the trails and I enjoyed it, even if it was only at the end of the day.

It was really good to see the ladies having a drive ... Berts friend Irene did a great job and even Xandro's Michelle had a turn behind the wheel.

Thanks Mani for organizing the trip.

Maggie.

TRBN8R
28-02-12, 01:40 PM
Sorry about the pics..... Got caught up in stuff...... Will be uploaded tonight.........

Greg D
28-02-12, 08:53 PM
Mani, Thanks for arranging the trip.
I took some photos & videos, but am migrating to a new computer and haven't been able to upload yet.
But I did come accross this on YouTube from early in February - those on the trip will recognize the crossing (former crossing??). :smile-new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPg5DHeyNU

Greg

Cpage66
28-02-12, 09:04 PM
Mani, Thanks for arranging the trip.
I took some photos & videos, but am migrating to a new computer and haven't been able to upload yet.
But I did come accross this on YouTube from early in February - those on the trip will recognize the crossing (former crossing??). :smile-new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPg5DHeyNU

Greg

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! GIT R DONE!

Steve F
28-02-12, 09:04 PM
Well that video answers that question ;) Where he pops it in reverse is where we used to sit on the edge of the river and have lunch!!!

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
28-02-12, 09:24 PM
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! GIT R DONE!

Na he's swamp people "C'est sa Couillon"

TRBN8R
01-03-12, 11:03 AM
Hi guys.... Here is a link to some of the pics.....

https://picasaweb.google.com/manmeet9574/SJCLakeLyle25022012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOq91obi3-CxcA&feat=directlink

Cheers

Mani

AussieCJ7
01-03-12, 12:16 PM
Mani some good camera angles on those pics the trees dont lie hahhah but some great shots none the less looks like it was a fun trip

redrubi
01-03-12, 06:58 PM
Once again Mani great pics!

Cheers

Andy & Charl:pirate: