PDA

View Full Version : Garden of Stone - Sat 10 March

SteveC
20-02-12, 12:34 PM
+++++++ POSTPONED +++++
UNFORTUNATELY - DUE TO POOR WEATHER FORECAST, THIS TRIP IS NOW POSTPONED
HOWEVER, IF ANY ONE REALLY NEEDS TO GET OUT AND PERHAPS HAVE A PUB LUNCH SOMEWHERE THEN POST UP FOR INTEREST

As we are approaching the Jambaroree, I've taken to opportunity to run a recce or two. Starting with a easy one through Garden of Stone passing through Bale Bone Gap.

I have not done this trip and not sure if any one else has, but it's basically a test to see if it would be a viable trip to run and to enable me/us to judge the standard and appeal of this area.

All type of Jeeps welcome. From what I have read it should be OK for those even with moderate modifications (A small suspension lift would be advisable though) as long as you have the usual recovery points and recovery gear. From what I read it does have some steep sections and possible water crossings.

This trip will proceed only if weather permitting

Where -- Garden of Stone . The start is about 13 k from Lithgow. (about 14k from Rydal show ground),

When -- Saturday 10 March 2012, 8am

Meet -- Meet -- Glenbrook Park (Left onto Ross St, Glenbrook, approx 3k after end of M4. Park near the Info centre.

Grade -- "unknown"

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, UHF radio, food/drinks of choice. A camera would be good for reference.

This run is limited to 12 vehicles including me..............

As mentioned this is a recce so expect the unexpected, so this will include some exploration of the area to establish suitability and to have a document ready trip for Jamboree

Post up.

Regards
Steve

1. SteveC (me)
2. BigBlue
3. Ian C
4. Bear
5. Nekked
6. Negdriver
7. Redrubi
8. Michael (guest of negdriver)
9. Gp
10. Steve (guest of negdriver)
11. Reszo

Reserve List

bigblue
21-02-12, 07:59 AM
I'll be in Steve... That is if you think a fairly std XJ will get through ok??

D.K.
21-02-12, 09:50 AM
Hi Steve,

done this trip from the Lidsdale end and then coming out near Capertee, just before where the rail line crosses the main road.

A nice way of doing it is to do Blackfellows Hand Trail fom Zigzag then continue on from near Lidsdale at the start of the Wolgan valley.
Nice drive, graded in recent years. No idea its condition now - probably a gentle C.

ian C
21-02-12, 11:44 AM
Steve, please put me down. Thanks

Nekked
23-02-12, 04:54 PM
Count me in please Steve, the jeep will be fixed and ready by then.

Alex

Nekked
23-02-12, 04:57 PM
I've done this trip a few times before, it's a lot of fun, some amazing views, some fun tricky sections, mud Pitts, and a great experience for all levels.

Bear
23-02-12, 06:33 PM
I'll come with you Steve. We may end up having as much "fun" as the Cox's River trip.

Negdriver
23-02-12, 07:24 PM
Can you put me down as reserve? I'm not sure at the moment with work commitments.

SteveC
24-02-12, 10:38 AM
I'll come with you Steve. We may end up having as much "fun" as the Cox's River trip.

Its always fun Bear!

Btw. Where are all the other members?
We all need to try and contibute to make Jambo sucessful
Dont leave it to just s few....

jeep_jk112
24-02-12, 01:26 PM
Was up Lyell/ walker last weekend looking around, and will probably be working up singleton that week/ end....

redrubi
24-02-12, 11:41 PM
G-Day Steve,

Please put us down!

Cheers

Andy & Charlene:pirate:

memfis
25-02-12, 09:47 PM
can you put me down for this to please
thanks mick

Negdriver
26-02-12, 09:36 AM
We may have 2 more XJ's that aren't club member that want to come along.
1 from Bathurst and the other from down the road near my place.
Will confirm closer to date if there is room.

TRBN8R
26-02-12, 03:24 PM
Hi Tim,

Can u bring the stickers to the Meccas on that day, I am not going on the trip but I will collect them from u.....

Cheers
Mani

Negdriver
01-03-12, 10:18 PM
Hi Tim,

Can u bring the stickers to the Meccas on that day, I am not going on the trip but I will collect them from u.....

Cheers
Mani

Hey Mani, Your not going to the club meeting on the 7th?

Also, Steve could you please put down "michael"? He isn't a member but would love to go on this trip and see the what the club is about.
I'm also trying to get him to come to the next club meeting.

Possible have 1 more from Bathurst joining us on the day. 2 more XJ's for the trip :D

Dieselcon
01-03-12, 10:51 PM
Please include us
Cheers jose

gp
02-03-12, 11:36 AM
Put me down for this trip. (John Clark)

Negdriver
02-03-12, 01:21 PM
Hey Steve,

Can you please put down "steve" as a guest too?

From bathurst.
Tim Tam.

Dieselcon
02-03-12, 05:32 PM
How things change... Moving house so wont be attending.....bugger.
Have a great time

Bear
04-03-12, 06:48 PM
Steve, do you think you should consider an alternate assembly point, ie Glenbrooke. With the current climatic conditions we are likely to lose the use of the North Richmond bridge. The river level is such that if there is any more than three drops of rain the authorities will close the bridge.

Bear

memfis
04-03-12, 10:28 PM
i have to pull out as i have to go away all week for work

Reszo
05-03-12, 10:06 AM
Steve - pls put my name down. Itching to get into low range.

SteveC
05-03-12, 10:11 AM
Bear
A good suggestion. I'll wait till Tuesday to see what the weather /rivers are doing, then make change if necessary but leaning towards your suggestion.
If the weather/tracks are not good. I'm going anyway (unless it's really bad weather) and we can always go to a nice pub and have a counter lunch. is every one happy with that?
Steve

Negdriver
05-03-12, 11:22 AM
Sounds good. At least I get away from home and work for a change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Nekked
05-03-12, 09:56 PM
I'm happy with that suggestion, after the sunny corner trip we went to capertee pub for some food.

SteveC
06-03-12, 09:54 AM
OK EVERYONE WHO IS COMING -I HAVE CHANGED THE MEETING PLACE TO ACCOMMODATE ANY WEATHER FLOODING ISSUES

When -- Saturday 10 March 2012, For a 8am Departure.

Meet -- Glenbrook Park (Left onto Ross St, Glenbrook, approx 3k after end of M4. Park near the Info centre.

I hope everyone is OK with this change

Steve

SteveC
06-03-12, 09:54 AM
I'm happy with that suggestion, after the sunny corner trip we went to capertee pub for some food.

GOOD. you can lead us to the beer taps!

BTW

NO Jeeps but a good Video insight on what to expect
http://4x4galore.com/2012/02/prados-and-patrol-in-ben-bullen-sf-baal-bone-gap-wolgan-valley-4th-feb-2012-i7sz37tskh/

SteveC
08-03-12, 10:34 AM
+++++++ postponed +++++
unfortunately - due to poor weather forecast, this trip is now postponed
however, if any one really needs to get out and perhaps have a pub lunch somewhere then post up for interest

Negdriver
08-03-12, 07:42 PM
Yeah same. My 2 mates have called it off and I shall do the same.

Nekked
08-03-12, 09:46 PM
Weather forecasts for the weekend are sunny and 26.

Nekked
09-03-12, 10:54 AM
Guys ad Girls,

Im more than happy to continue to run this trip if there are still people interested in going and doing it, and if its ok with you Steve and the club?

If so I can repost the trip or just carry on from this one?

Anyone interested?

Cheers

Alex

SteveC
09-03-12, 11:14 AM
Alex
Im still keen as I have not been out on a trail for months but the weatherzone says 60% rain and only 22.

Please post a new thread and see if you get a response. If numbers are there, then you can re-evaluate by this afternoon, I suppose

Nekked
09-03-12, 06:15 PM
New trip is now posted on trip forum.