PDA

View Full Version : Classic Not Plastic tour 10/11 September 2005

AussieCJ7
09-06-05, 11:46 AM
Ok ladies and Gents,

after a false start earlier this year its official the classic not plastic tour 2005 is on and ready to run !!!

What is it all about ??

Get the most number of Ford, Willys and AMC made Jeep branded 4x4s out for a family based weeked of fun and driving.

When is it on ??

10th and 11th of September. It is recommended to plan being in Mittagon by Friday night as it will be an early start on the Saturday morning

Where is it.

This is a grand tour on one of Australia's famous "weekend" 4x4 treks

We will be leaving Mittagon for 330 old KLMs of scenic driving staying overnight at Yerranderie, an old Silver mine and gost town. The next day will see the journy continue through oberon and into the Blue mountains to return to Sydney early evening Sunday.

Generic Trek notes and a few photos can be found here

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/Syd/Yerranderie.asp

More information on Yerranderie

http://www.yerranderie.com/welcome.htm

We are looking at around 300 to 400 Klms with a mix of 2wheel drive and low range, between major fuel stops please consider the range of your vehicele and carry extra fuel as needed. If this becomes an issue please let the organisers know as we may be able to assist you solve this problem.

How can you get involved with this great weekend ??

Very simple, send and email to president@sydneyjeepclub.com request further information and provide your contact details.

All expressions of interest for this trip MUST be lodged before the 31st of August 2005.

How much does it cost ???

There is no entry fee or charges for this event, so the only cost is your own fuel, food and park entrance fees etc.

Do you have to be a member of a Jeep club to attend ??

No however.

If you are a member of another Jeep club we request you list it as an official interclub trip and register both with us and any registration process your club may have.

This is a Sydney Jeep Club trip.

What if I want to bring a friend who only has a newer DC made Jeep ??

They are welcome on the condition they are a guest of a registered "classic" jeep attending and they understand this weekend is aimed at older jeeps and the pace of the trip will be dictated by the slowest Jeep in the group. Also the chances of a breakdown are reasonable due to the age of many of these Jeeps, newer Jeep drivers have to understand the trip plans may change during the weekend based on making sure everyone who attends has a fun and safe time.

How hard will the 4x4 part be ??

It is not planned to be a difficult trip and is aimmed at C grade style trips, ie low range will be needed for some spots but a stock vehicle should be more than capable to cover the entire track

Track conditions can change with weather.

Explore OZ list it as 2.5 in difficulty level.

Wooders
09-06-05, 10:56 PM
Attending!!! 8)

Wolfe
14-08-05, 08:30 PM
If I can get the cj done in time, ill be there otherwise ill cable tie a cj clip to the xj front

Wooders
17-08-05, 11:22 PM
Hey even I spent 2? hours wrenching on the J20 towrads my CNP goal......

AussieCJ7
01-09-05, 11:14 PM
Hi Fellow Jeepers.

Well the closing date for expressions of interest has now passed. We have between 14 and 16 Classic Jeeps and a couple of 'support' Jeeps. If you know someone who is not on the list below please let me know ASAP. If I have you on the list and your plans have changed please call or email me in advance.

Meeting Spot: Mittagong Macca's at 0730 for 0800 departure. Saturday the 10th of September If you are running late or can not find us please call me or if close by on UHF channel 16.

Camping Fees: $12 per person including access to the township of Yerranderie. Please have correct cash to ensure no issues. If you wish to upgrade to cabins etc then make your own bookings. http://www.yerranderie.com/Acomm.htm

Fuel Range: According to ExploreOZ the trip is 330 Klm from Mittagong to Oberon. Please ensure you have extra in reserve. For smaller vehicals one or two of the people on the trip with larger vehicles have offered to help with carrying some gear, I am sure a few beers will get you some space on the back of one of the trucks for a Jerry can or two.

Required Equipment: Please plan on being self sufficent, there will be plenty of helping hands if you run into problems but please bring appropiate basic tools, recovery gear, camping gear, food, water and fuel. A UHF radio is recommended. There will be limited supply of hand held UHF radios if you do not have one. Please email to reserve one if needed. Although we do not plan for any problems it is recommened to bring a little spare food and water, incase we get stuck with a major breakdown. This is an adventure for all and nobody will be left on their own to fix their Jeep.

Friday Night: There is no planned activities for Friday night yet a number of us will be in Mittagon, there is a Caravan park and a number of hotels in varying price range, look out for us and drop by to say g'day.

This trip is planned with only the skelton of the weekend planned. The goal is to get old Jeeps out for some easy fun and have a great weekend away with old and new mates. Things may or may not follow the exact plan as Jeeps can be unpredicatable but it will be a memorable weekend. All the organisers ask from you, is to be on time for the departure(or phone and advise eta) and have a relaxing weekend.

Looking forward to having a beer with all of you.

David Erwin

Registered attendees

David CJ7
Adam CJ8
Vernon CJ2A
Michael Bowen 5 Jeeps + KJ support
Glen J10 (no email address)
Marcello CJ7
Warren CJ8 and J20 dual cab (to be confirmed)
Allan CJ7
Wooders J20
Mark lamb (TJ support)
Neil CJ10
vb ?? CJ8
Paul FSJ 2 door limited