PDA

View Full Version : Gardens of Stone - 10th March, New Trip?!?!

Nekked
09-03-12, 04:16 PM
Hi Guys and Girls...

Im just seeing if anyone is still interested in doing this trip, weather forecast still looking good, but will re-evaluate numbers and weather later tonight to see if we do go or not.

I have been itching to get out on the trails for a while now, and now that my jeep is fixed and the sun is out, i want to take full advantage of finally getting some sunshine and getting the Jeep Dirty.

Where -- Garden of Stone . The start is about 13 k from Lithgow. (about 14k from Rydal show ground),

When -- Saturday 10 March 2012, 8am leaving at 8:30

Meet -- Meet -- RICHMOND MCDONALDS, The north Richmond Bridge is currently open and allowing traffic through, this will allow us to have the usual breakfast and meeting point.

Grade -- C

Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, UHF radio, food/drinks of choice. A camera would be good for reference, decent A/T or M/T tyres would be nice.

This run is limited to 12 vehicles including me..............

Post up.

Regards

Alex

Attending:

1. Nekked - Alex (me)
2. Negdriver
3. Steve (Negdriver guest - maybe)

Nekked
09-03-12, 07:30 PM
This trip is definitely on. I need to know who is coming so I know how many to meet at maccas and so I don't leave anyone behind.

Again, trip is definitely on

Negdriver
09-03-12, 08:20 PM
You can put me down now.
May have "Steve" from Bathurst coming along too in his XJ.

Negdriver
09-03-12, 09:21 PM
Also,
If you don't get enough people, try AJOR...

Nekked
09-03-12, 09:43 PM
Don't have access to AJOR yet :grumpy:

Negdriver
09-03-12, 11:07 PM
I'll see you 2moro at 8am. Hopefully more turn up :D

Nekked
09-03-12, 11:09 PM
Sounds good, see you in the morning.

Nekked
10-03-12, 08:11 AM
0451 264 030. If anyone needs to call me.

Alex

Nekked
10-03-12, 11:49 AM
I wish I could upload images right away, weather is perfect and tracks looking good...

Trip report and pic later this afternoon.

Negdriver
11-03-12, 11:55 AM
Was a great day Nekked. Still couldn't believe how dry most of the tracks were.
And we attempted to make a natural jambo ramp :witless: will await your photos

Nekked
11-03-12, 03:19 PM
Very dry and excellent traction, no need for low range at all.

Great pic of you in the latest 4wd action mag, issue 178, page 162. Great advertising for jambo, sjc, ajor and Wooders.

Need to find out how I can upload pics from phone or wait till I get to work to uploa pics from there. But I think I will post up in the members only section.

SteveC
11-03-12, 07:35 PM
Did you do the whole 41k baal bone track?

Negdriver
11-03-12, 07:48 PM
Very dry and excellent traction, no need for low range at all.

Great pic of you in the latest 4wd action mag, issue 178, page 162. Great advertising for jambo, sjc, ajor and Wooders.

Need to find out how I can upload pics from phone or wait till I get to work to uploa pics from there. But I think I will post up in the members only section.

Dammit, still haven't seen it lol. left my mags at wooders.

jeep_jk112
11-03-12, 08:05 PM
is the baal bone track also known as the bicentenial track?
Where you cross over wolgan rd from black fellas hand track, which take you through the bush to the castlereagh h'way near the railway crossing?

Nekked
12-03-12, 06:56 PM
Did you do the whole 41k baal bone track?

We got to half way Steve, as there was a large fallen tree across the track, we attempted to clear the tree, but ran out of time (and energy), as all we had was an axe, no chainsaw.

is the baal bone track also known as the bicentenial track?
Where you cross over wolgan rd from black fellas hand track, which take you through the bush to the castlereagh h'way near the railway crossing?

i only know this track as the Gardens of Stone Trail, it may go via many names, but yes it does continue on accross the road from the Blackfellows hand trail on the opposite side from Wolgan Rd.

It was a fun day, i thoroughly enjoyed myself, and hope the others did to.

It was challenging at times, but good communication and teamwork from all parties got us through our hurdles.

We got off to a slight delay in the morning waiting on a late arrival (Steve), while waiting Tim Tam and I explored the beginning part of the Blackfellows Hand Trail.

The track was nice and dry, and the views were amazing from the top of the valley, the beginning hill climbs were in great condition considering the recent rain. Further along the track once we bagan entering the other side of the valley the tracks did get a little wetter.

It was down the bottom of the track where we came accross the Large fallen tree which was uprooted from all the recent wet weather. We could not get past this tree with the supplies we had and had to turn back.

Once back on the top side of the track we came accross a Landcruiser towing a camper trailer that was stuck in a small bog hole, their attempts of being towed out by their Prado proved pointless, I turned my JK
around and towed him out no dramas.

It was a fun trip, great experience.1325

jeep_jk112
12-03-12, 07:41 PM
hey mate we done the same track, and climbed that tree haha!
Did you come across another tree further along?
We ended up dragging that out of the way just enough to squeeze through!
Just re read your post and we cleared that tree with the aid of a baby chain saw and the pulling power of my crd! spent a good 2- 3rs hours getting past those trees, but were pretty impressed with our efforts

jeep_jk112
12-03-12, 07:55 PM
i think this track would make a great jambo trip. fairly much a d grade trip but with a couple of suprises to keep the less experienced people entertained without scaring the crap out of them!
Was fairly suprised with the drive, thought i'd be bored but the views a great and throw in those few climbs/ decents made an alright drive.
I can't put a time on it though as my timing went out the window after we started stuffing around with those pesky trees!

Nekked
13-03-12, 09:29 AM
Your chainsaw would have come very handy for us on this trip. We learnt many lessons, always be prepared for anything...!

Time to go shopping I think.

Nekked
13-03-12, 09:44 AM
I'm hoping to run this trip for Jambo. Will be fun with 10-12 cars.