PDA

View Full Version : New Members Ruth and Chris

vk2icj
13-03-12, 10:23 PM
Hello All

We have come to several meetings and last week we joined the SJC. We have belonged to another 4wd club for a few years now (Nissan Patrol Club) and are pretty active there with I (Chris) being one of the Driver Trainers doing monthly training and in April we are leading a Desert Trip to the Simpson via Mt Dare out to Jervois on the Hay River. We hope to do more with fellow Jeepers later in the year. Thank you to all who have said hello at the meetings we have attended. Well I thought I would post a hello on the board here before answering or starting any other threads.

Cheers

Chris and Ruth
2009 Red JKU CRD
to many mods to list haha

Wolfe
13-03-12, 11:06 PM
Welcome, you should talk to Dave Grimes about his adventures, he's our very own mr outback and organizes regular exciting adventures

Dave
14-03-12, 02:18 PM
Hi Guys, not sure I would go with Mr Outback, might just stick with Dave! I know we have spoken at a few meetings - and I'd love to be going on your trip, not done Hay River and its supposed to be excellent.

Was talking to a mate from QLD this morning (not a Jeep driver). He is planning a Simpson trip for May, and is a bit worried about all the wet that has been going on. I hope the desert will be open for you - I am sure you follow the Desert parks Bulletins from SA DENR - see the link at the bottom of http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/parks/Safety

All the best,
Dave

reyzor
14-03-12, 02:19 PM
welcome aboard mate!

jeep_jk112
14-03-12, 05:48 PM
welcome mate, i've noticed you over on ausjeep and would love to get out and explore australia like you do.
Good to see you leading the pack, as the patrol recovery vehicle also haha!

Cheers,
Matt

vk2icj
14-03-12, 05:53 PM
Hey Dave Mr O. Yea it is a big trip for sure. We have just under 1000 k's in the sand between fuel stops. You can do the Hay from Birdsville but we are going to do it the long way from Mt Dare. With the rains of the last couple of years it is the best option. The route we have planned has been open even with all the flooding for the last 2 years save a week when it actually rained on the Hay (in the 4wd action mag) Yeah we are following several road tickers. The catch at the moment is until Friday the desert has been closed as you know since December for summer and we won't get any good indicators until next week. According to locals on both ends at the moment we can pass the desert no dramas. Pedrika is flooded south of Dalhousie but we can detour around that. We are already starting to load the Jeep.

vk2icj
14-03-12, 07:36 PM
Patrol Recovery vehicle lol Top of Big Red. Notice the smile on my face :encouragement:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/V860series/IMG_1923.jpg

jeep_jk112
14-03-12, 08:08 PM
Yes i remember those pics very well mate haha!
Have you changed many patrol owners opinions of jeeps?
Being in a patrol club, no doubt you've been the hot topic around a few camp fires!

Negdriver
15-03-12, 01:12 AM
Hello Ruth and Chris, Welcome :smile-new:
Would love to go on a trip but I don't think I'll be ready till after the jambo

vk2icj
15-03-12, 01:20 AM
Yes i remember those pics very well mate haha!
Have you changed many patrol owners opinions of jeeps?
Being in a patrol club, no doubt you've been the hot topic around a few camp fires!

Actually there was a New JK at the meeting tonight. And several Grand Cheros within the last year. We are always the butt of the jokes,, But we have thick skin and big smiles like above when recovering those Pootrols

vk2icj
15-03-12, 01:22 AM
Hello Ruth and Chris, Welcome :smile-new:
Would love to go on a trip but I don't think I'll be ready till after the jambo

I am sure we will do some trips with the Jeep club,, that was our intent when joining. We are going to try and make Jambo,, sounds like fun.