PDA

View Full Version : Smelly Jeep Cherokee

wazzel
22-06-05, 11:12 PM
Hi Guys;

I traded in my Wrangler for a Cherokee KJ Turbo Diesel (CRD), apart from getting use to the noise the smell is annoying. I find it hard to put down the windows for fresh air... any tips on what to do about the diesel smell would be helpful. I have been going round sniffing around other diesel 4x4's but they dont smell as bad as mine, the problem is I havent seen any other CRD on the road... Do people know something I dont?

Thanks
Wazzel

chrispy
23-06-05, 08:13 AM
My CRD certainly doesn't smell when travelling along with the windows open. The only time it does (a bit) is when you are sitting there idling for long periods of time - especially when the fuel is very cold and waxy.

I'd have it checked for exhaust leaks -

You didn't mention if it was either new or second-hand......

Cheers
Chris

Mildue
23-06-05, 10:50 AM
I agree with Chris... Dad owns a WG CRD and I think the newer Jeep diesels dont have a real bad smell compared to most other diesels. As Chris said the onlytime the smell becomes really noticable is when it idles for a longer period of time or when the engine is cold. And ill only be repeating Chris's words here but if the smell gets too bad have it checked for any leaks and so on.