View Full Version : Anybody for Watagans?, Good Friday 6th April

D.K.
03-04-12, 07:32 AM
Where: Watagans State Forest
When: Friday 6th April
Meet: Old Weigh Station, Just off F3, 2km past Berowra
Time: 8.30
Grade: B
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
This run is limited to 8 including leader
Further info contact D.K. mob: 0434 848 482

Attending:

1. D.K.
2. Hunty
3. Miraz
8. possible Guest in JK

Hunty
03-04-12, 07:50 AM
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.

Attending:

1. D.K.
2. Hunty

Hunno
03-04-12, 08:07 AM

Attending:

1. D.K.
2. Hunty
3. Hunno

(depending on the arrival of drive shafts)

Wolfe
03-04-12, 08:18 AM
My only problem with doing the Wattigans is we need people exploring the lithgow area and surrounds for Jambo. As much as I'd like to be exploring the Wattigans perhaps an exploration of the Jenolen area maybe more appropriate

Hunno
03-04-12, 08:36 AM
Yes I can understand that Wolfe.

However It not practical for me as I have to meet my daughter in the afternoon at Berowra & don't want to take the Jeep that far from home for it first run. Not to mention I'll still be missing things like mud flaps.

But it would be good to change it to the mountains & I would not mind as there is a lot to do anyway on Friday

D.K.
03-04-12, 08:57 AM
Yes I can understand that Wolfe.

However It not practical for me as I have to meet my daughter in the afternoon at Berowra & don't want to take the Jeep that far from home for it first run. Not to mention I'll still be missing things like mud flaps.

But it would be good to change it to the mountains & I would not mind as there is a lot to do anyway on Friday

This is probably not the forum for my next comment but when i enquired on a Jambo trip thread regarding alternative tracks to accomodate for poor weather conditions and also numbers of vehicles per trip there was a deafening silence from you guys - I personally dont want to see the local tracks trashed in the name of the glorification of SJC Jambo. Im sure there is a logical and reasoned response from the organisers but nothing was said in reply to my questions.

Steve F
03-04-12, 09:22 AM
Not really the spot to answer but I'll go look for your question and answer it there later today if I don't get beaten to it.

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
03-04-12, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure as to which trip you are referring too. However the official and consistent reply would be to postpone the trip till a more appropriate time. This is our official stance and I could cite numerous precedent. I can't force you to change the trip location but was merely requesting your support for the jamboree which is less than six months away.
It's your club and your jamboree

D.K.
03-04-12, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure as to which trip you are referring too. However the official and consistent reply would be to postpone the trip till a more appropriate time. This is our official stance and I could cite numerous precedent. I can't force you to change the trip location but was merely requesting your support for the jamboree which is less than six months away.
It's your club and your jamboree

Wolfe, probably didn't explain myself very clearly, but i was referring to the Jambo Trips generally.
I am thinking of running a Jenolan trip soon, but i dont think Easter weekend is the time to do it.
FYI i was out there on a recce a couple of months ago and Beefsteak and Little River FT are gated, hopefully just while the tracks are boggy as.

reyzor
03-04-12, 02:02 PM
dk, this sort of information is invaluable to the jambo commitee..... would love to get more info out of you if possible?

Miraz
03-04-12, 02:45 PM
I'd be up for a Watagans trip...put me on the list

Rhino
03-04-12, 05:33 PM
Wolfe, probably didn't explain myself very clearly, but i was referring to the Jambo Trips generally.
I am thinking of running a Jenolan trip soon, but i dont think Easter weekend is the time to do it.
FYI i was out there on a recce a couple of months ago and Beefsteak and Little River FT are gated, hopefully just while the tracks are boggy as.

Beefsteak creek is closed for good, i was there 6 months ago and its was closed then.. there is still some good tracks around Gibraltar Rocks and Beefsteak fire trail.

redrubi
03-04-12, 07:32 PM
So! Is there a trip or not? To anywhere!:eagerness:

Wolfe
03-04-12, 07:48 PM
So! Is there a trip or not? To anywhere!:eagerness:
DK is welcome to run the trip if he wishes too, just as you are welcome to attend.

redrubi
03-04-12, 10:26 PM
Sorry DK don't think we can make this one. Watagans might be too harsh on my back. Maybe next time.

Cheers

Andy & Charl :grey:

D.K.
03-04-12, 11:09 PM
dk, this sort of information is invaluable to the jambo commitee..... would love to get more info out of you if possible?

No worries, give me a day or two and will pm you some stuff.

Hunno
04-04-12, 08:01 AM
Sorry Dave, I won't make it, even if the shafts arrive I'm working 12Hrs Shifts today & tomorrow. So I Don't have time to fit them anyway.

Would have been nice to finally get out again.

Hunno

D.K.
04-04-12, 09:09 AM
Sorry Dave, I won't make it, even if the shafts arrive I'm working 12Hrs Shifts today & tomorrow. So I Don't have time to fit them anyway.

Would have been nice to finally get out again.

Hunno

No worries, if you want to get out on sunday or monday maybe we can arrange something.

D.K.
05-04-12, 07:23 PM
See "all" (LOL) you guys tomorrow. Should be some nice dry tracks to check out. Mate in JK is coming so there will be four vehicles.

Hunty
05-04-12, 07:37 PM
Looking forward to the trip :)

nitrobrent
05-04-12, 11:49 PM
Have only just seen this trip posted on AJOR,would this trip be suitable for a newbie,with a Tj 32'" Big Horns,3"lift ,twin lockers?
Would have rang you DK ,but a little late.My main concern is that I wouldn't want to hold you guys up.
Thanks Brent

Hunno
06-04-12, 12:04 AM
Brent , If you can drive that TJ you'll be fine.
So pissed off that would be a great run clean & smooth with that crew

D.K.
06-04-12, 12:16 AM
Have only just seen this trip posted on AJOR,would this trip be suitable for a newbie,with a Tj 32'" Big Horns,3"lift ,twin lockers?
Would have rang you DK ,but a little late.My main concern is that I wouldn't want to hold you guys up.
Thanks Brent

Call me before 7.30 in the morning if you want to discuss. Your rig would be fine - go the TJ's. GregD in the club has a TJ on 32's that put most of us to shame. Not advisable for a real newbie but if you have some experience and are able to read the terrain you should be fine. We will be spotting each other anyway.

Cheers

Dave

nitrobrent
06-04-12, 12:32 AM
Thanks Dave ,I'll talk to you in the morning

Dieselcon
06-04-12, 10:17 PM
How was your trip.... Missed out again.... And vids and pics...

D.K.
06-04-12, 10:21 PM
Moved to Club Section