PDA

View Full Version : Workshop needed

Steven.Boyd
15-04-12, 02:28 PM
Hey I am on the hunt for a workshop or some where to install my lift kit.
I don't have the tools to do it at home. I am wanting to install it my self.
More than happy to pay for the use of a work shop but can't afford the labour charge

Had one lined up but it all booked out now

Need to install this week for a trip lined up next weekend.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Negdriver
15-04-12, 04:57 PM
I can ask my mechanic in Homebush for you. Unsure for this weekend though as he likes to have a few weeks notice. Some of the other club members may be able to help.

Steven.Boyd
15-04-12, 06:12 PM
Thanks, i need to install it before the coming weekend weekend as am attending a trip on 22 April.

I have monday off work so was hoping to install it myself i just need the tools to do it and some way of keeping it off the ground while i work on it

any help would be greatly appreciated

Negdriver
15-04-12, 06:47 PM
Just got back from my mate. He is booked out for some time due to easter backlog. Sorry mate.

Steven.Boyd
15-04-12, 07:07 PM
Thanks any way

I wil keep looking

Steven.Boyd
17-04-12, 11:24 AM
I managed to get the lift kit finished in the rear in my garage with a few little issues and tonight i am moving to the front and putting in the transfer case spaces

reyzor
17-04-12, 12:34 PM
what lift did you end up going with?

remember to keep the transfer case supported when you loosen the bash plate to put the spacers in.... usually a ratchet strap will hold it up.....

Steven.Boyd
17-04-12, 12:42 PM
I went with Tough Dog springs and Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks,

i was going to put a jack under the skid plate and just lower it very slowly, just enough to fit the spacers in.

I was going to do this before i install the front sprigs and shocks

The boys from Wooders were very help full and had all the answers. would highly recommend them