PDA

View Full Version : Limited seats to extreme sport

ick72
01-05-12, 01:20 PM
Ok we think we may have found our jeep looking at a extreme sport kj and wanting or needing to know can the electric seats from a limited kj go in easily and wire up .. Also is there anybody who knows if a trip commuter can be put in alsooff the same models , thanks Todd

glend
04-05-12, 09:55 PM
Todd, there is an extra connector under the manual leather seats in my Sport for the electric seats to plug in. Just check under the seats of the one your looking at, the wiring loom and connector should be there (but might depend on year model). You might also need to check that the relay or fuses are in place for that to operate but the loom should be ready to go. As to the trip computer (aka EVIC), I'd forget it as they are very inaccurate and expensive. Put that money into a good aftermarket sat nav PC combo device and you might get better value.

ick72
04-05-12, 10:30 PM
Ok thanks still not really sure if another kj will work for us or if I could make do as we both really want a jk but would settle for a well worked kj

glend
05-05-12, 02:53 PM
really want a jk but would settle for a well worked kj

Ouch! No contest in my opinion, if you want one vehicle that will be a good daily drive as well as tourer and offroader. Of course a worked JK will go much further but your really looking at the differences between the higher levels of capability like B upward.

ick72
05-05-12, 03:56 PM
i get your point but with the fuel used in our last cherokee we are a bit worried be able to do the touring we want , we are trying to actual real life figure for comparison about fuel from the 3.7 petrol and 2.8 diesel in the cherokee the fuel threads just seem more confusion as some say they are getting good figures others are like us where sitting high , we looked at a wrangler 2.8 auto yesterday and its on board reading was using 11.2 .. id love to get in the extreme sport we looked at 04 m0del with good ks and only need a winch and snorkel to be fully kitted but kirsten always wanted a wrangler and we can paid good dollars for one with half the ks and for what we need or do only need front bar ,winch and snorkel for safety