PDA

View Full Version : Driver Awareness Day 2 June

Hunno
04-05-12, 11:16 PM
Where -- Rydal Show Ground
When -- Saturday 2nd June, 2012
Meet -- Friday night at the show ground for those who would like to camp for the weekend or
Saturday 0700hrs Richmond Maccas for a 0715hrs depart (last arrive at Maccas does the trip report).
More trip explorations on Sunday TBA.
Time -- 0900 - 1600hrs (9am - 4pm).
Grade -- D-Grade, lets start at the beginning.
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
Limit - NO LIMIT...but only open to registered club members.
Further info contact --- Hunno

Attending: Departure Time:

1. Hunno .................................................. ......Friday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
2. Stuart - Wolfe ..................EL PRESIDENTE Pardon - Arrive whenever you want Sir. lol
3. Steve F................................................. ......Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
4. Drew - bigblue - Out (first real excuse I've heard (best wihes & good luck, hope all goes well).
5. Todd & Kirsten - ick72 - Out :(
6. Jen - Mrs AussieCJ7.......................................Fr iday Night Richmond Maccas ????hrs
8. David D - dobbo56.........................................Sa turday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
9. Andy & Charl - redrubi....................................Saturda y Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
10. Steven.Boyd....................................... ........Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
11. Eddy - sfedek............................................ .Friday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
12. Linda -Paralize.......................................... ..Friday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
13. ??? - Jeepney -Out
14. Jose - Dieselcon - Out
15. Matt - jk112 -Out
16. Kew Kev -Out
17. Dave & Family - Wooders...............................Friday Night Richmond Maccas ????hrs
18. Adrian - Goneagain -Out
19. Stephen - SteveT -Out
20. Brian and Heidi............................................F riday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
21. Ian C................................................. .......Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
22. John Clarke - gp.........................................Saturda y Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
23.Dick - SPQR.............................................. ..Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs

Wolfe
04-05-12, 11:28 PM
yep.............ta

Steve F
05-05-12, 12:04 AM
Put me down as well.

Cheers
Steve

bigblue
05-05-12, 12:10 AM
Put me down thanks...

Drew

ick72
05-05-12, 01:03 AM
Put us down but still may not have a jeep by then but hoping we are closer

Heidi
05-05-12, 10:22 AM
Brian and Heidi - we will come up on the Friday

ick72
05-05-12, 02:20 PM
Ick 72 is Todd and. Kirsten not Chris sorry

Paralize
05-05-12, 06:42 PM
My radio's and barz I don't think will be installed on my Jeep till end of May.. (i am away last weekend in may)

Can you put me down a TBA for this...

Camping/Blue Mountians/June??? How cold will it be up there?

Linda - Paralize

Steve F
05-05-12, 07:02 PM
My radio's and barz I don't think will be installed on my Jeep till end of May.. (i am away last weekend in may)

Linda - Paralize

Not unknown to snow :)

Cheers
Steve

Hunno
05-05-12, 09:35 PM

Linda - Paralize

Not unknown to snow :)

Cheers
Steve

The club has a couple of hand held UHF radios I need to track down (have been hinted towards a certain comp guys) & so do I. So we should be covered.
As for cold & snow......... Yep!!! Just means a bigger fire. Bahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhaha.

ick72
05-05-12, 10:02 PM
more rum and closer cuddles lol

Paralize
05-05-12, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I thought of a new idea.....

How about adopt a passanger day???...

If I aint working (I work odd hours) (IT shit)....

I can come up make camp... you provide white man fire.......... "Just means a bigger fire. Bahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhaha." ................... white man fire, so hot you can't get close to it to keep warm.... ;-)

and play navigator with some one else that goes solo??? then I get someone to teach me everything that they know and pass on their wisdom, creativity, power that makes us all go out there and buy Jeeps!!
(until they trust me to drive their Jeep, big ask, <sigh> i know)

I wanna go out, get muddy, get dirty soooooo good for the skin!

<begs> please I need a mentor...
<down on my knees praying> God help me, I had a tormented soul, till I bought a Jeep! " Amen.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Plus a few bonus points for SJC. I will have more to offer as a Volenteer at the Jamboree...

Cheers,

Linda - Para

ick72
05-05-12, 10:31 PM
well kirst and i are still looking for our replace jeep what if we join you in your shiny white one and then you dont need to beg but i promiss ill be gentle

ick72
06-05-12, 01:27 AM
Lmfao and when he says gentle, he means with the Jeep of course! Just clarifying as that could've totally been taken out of context.
Kirsten

Maggie
06-05-12, 08:50 AM
The club has a couple of hand held UHF radios I need to track down (have been hinted towards a certain comp guys) & so do I. So we should be covered.

Hunno, I think we handed these over to Rob and Tanya when we cleaned out our garage of the SJC equipment.

Maggie.

Hunno
06-05-12, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I thought of a new idea.....

How about adopt a passanger day???...

If I aint working (I work odd hours) (IT shit)....

I can come up make camp... you provide white man fire.......... "Just means a bigger fire. Bahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahhaha." ................... white man fire, so hot you can't get close to it to keep warm.... ;-)

and play navigator with some one else that goes solo??? then I get someone to teach me everything that they know and pass on their wisdom, creativity, power that makes us all go out there and buy Jeeps!!
(until they trust me to drive their Jeep, big ask, <sigh> i know)

I wanna go out, get muddy, get dirty soooooo good for the skin!

<begs> please I need a mentor...
<down on my knees praying> God help me, I had a tormented soul, till I bought a Jeep! " Amen.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Plus a few bonus points for SJC. I will have more to offer as a Volenteer at the Jamboree...

Cheers,

Linda - Para

well kirst and i are still looking for our replace jeep what if we join you in your shiny white one and then you dont need to beg but i promiss ill be gentle

Lmfao and when he says gentle, he means with the Jeep of course! Just clarifying as that could've totally been taken out of context.
Kirsten

And it was!
but I got a good laugh out of it.

ick72
06-05-12, 10:17 AM
Oops I hope I didn't up set anyone

AussieCJ7
06-05-12, 10:21 AM
Please add Mrs AussieCJ7 (Jen) to the list

Who else is planning on camping Friday night ?

Hunno
06-05-12, 12:02 PM
Harmony & I will be there Friday night even if its just us.

ACJ
06-05-12, 04:26 PM
Don't think I can make this one

dobbo56
06-05-12, 04:55 PM
I'd like to do that, please put me on the list, cheers David D. green JK.

redrubi
06-05-12, 06:04 PM
We will be there! and hopefully by then I'll be driving!! Not just Charl! LOL:indecisiveness:

Cheers

Andy & Charl

Hunno
06-05-12, 10:55 PM
Ick 72 is Todd and. Kirsten not Chris sorry

Sorry about that I'm bad with names & even worse I have been out in a while so I don't get to meet/remember everyone.
Hunno

Wolfe
06-05-12, 11:33 PM
I'd like to camp also

ick72
07-05-12, 12:40 AM
Sorry about that I'm bad with names & even worse I have been out in a while so I don't get to meet/remember everyone.
Hunno
no worries at all just making sure if chris was going also he missed out due to mix up ... still waiting for our funds we have two jeeps in mind but if the money doesnt come soon enough we might have to drop out

Hunno
07-05-12, 09:58 AM
no worries at all just making sure if chris was going also he missed out due to mix up ... still waiting for our funds we have two jeeps in mind but if the money doesnt come soon enough we might have to drop out

Even with out a Jeep you should still come. As you've been offered a ride or can jump in with someone you will still learn & have great weekend.
I'm not sure my driveshafts & rear barvwill be in here in time but my little girl & I are still going.

Steven.Boyd
07-05-12, 01:30 PM
Hi

Put me down as a maybe, may need to work that day, will keep you posted

AussieCJ7
07-05-12, 05:20 PM
Even with out a Jeep you should still come. As you've been offered a ride or can jump in with someone you will still learn & have great weekend.
I'm not sure my driveshafts & rear barvwill be in here in time but my little girl & I are still going.

Looking at camping with my 3 kids also. So will be good to get a few families camp

Wolfe
07-05-12, 05:36 PM
Looking at camping with my 3 kids also. So will be good to get a few families camp

How are they all going to fit in your swag?

sfedek
07-05-12, 07:46 PM
I would like to attend please. I will have to confirm closer to the date. Just staring a new job so not 100% on the weekends.

Eddy

AussieCJ7
08-05-12, 10:03 AM
How are they all going to fit in your swag?

we are a close family!!!

Might even bring a Tent this time

jeepney
08-05-12, 11:49 PM
I'm interested and I want to camp on Friday. Thanks.

Wolfe
09-05-12, 01:43 AM
To anyone camping you need to bring a good sleeping bag rating around -5 degrees and comfortable bed and tent.

Dieselcon
09-05-12, 06:54 AM
Hunno please put me as a maybe......

Best fire maker/pyro is Matt aka jeep_jk112. If he can make it, we will all be sleeping on top of our sleeping bags. Lol
Cheers Jose

kiwi kev
09-05-12, 04:29 PM
sounds like fun, put me down ,cheers

Hunno
09-05-12, 06:22 PM

sounds like fun, put me down ,cheers
Kev you'll need to update your membership first, otherwise no problem.

bigblue
10-05-12, 01:54 AM
Hey Hunno,
im out I got my dates confused... 2nd of June is the due date for my new baby!

Cheers

Mudder
10-05-12, 03:45 AM
sounds like great fun i dont have a proper front recovery point but i do have maxtrax and tyres that grip well so shouldn't be a problem. put me down as a maybe. I'm in the final stages of getting a new job so will have to ask the boss with a big smile if i can take saturday off if i have started by then, also ill have to make sure the clutch is fixed by then. So if everything goes to plan im in :encouragement: cheers Mudder - Cameron

jeep_jk112
10-05-12, 04:08 AM
Hey cam we can sort out recovery points for you pretty easily i think, just chop a bit of plastic off the top of your bar, the run of the mill tow hooks should bolt on the top of your chassis similar to a tj. Don't hold me to that but, pretty sure i seen a pic on ausjeep.
Yeh i'll try make it along but being the week before the long weekend, i may get roped into work though......
I've finaly got around to getting some mopar tow hooks and an antenna mount for the uhf, just need to get off me backside and set it all up!
Don't rely on me for a large fire, last one was a major fizzer up mt walker cold night that was:hopelessness:
The nights are getting cold up there thats for sure!

Bear
12-05-12, 03:01 PM
Regretably unable to attend, just had the date confirmed as 02/06/12 for the arrival of our interstate visitor.

redrubi
13-05-12, 06:09 PM
Bear Mate!

Don't you have a back seat?:eagerness:

Cheers

Andy & Charl:pirate:

Maggie
13-05-12, 06:41 PM
Bit far to commute to meet a 12.10 flight

sfedek
13-05-12, 08:19 PM
I would like to attend please. I will have to confirm closer to the date. Just staring a new job so not 100% on the weekends.

Eddy

I would like to camp out Friday & Saturday nights if its not too wet. Cold is ok, just not wet!

Eddy

Dieselcon
13-05-12, 08:30 PM
Thinking about keeping girls home on Friday and heading up before lunch...it will be a steady drive from the gong pulling camper....we plan on staying till Sunday. Still haven't sorted out the noise from the axel/transfer case hope it's done before 2 June.

Hunno
13-05-12, 08:58 PM
I going to pull the van over but not leaving Sydney until after 1730hrs Friday & need to be home by 1730hrs Sunday

kiwi kev
14-05-12, 11:04 AM
did that at last meeting and Jambo rego also , cheers

Paralize
18-05-12, 09:35 PM
Need small help please...

So far this is looking good for me to go (no work on) not sure yet about the recovery gear stuff...

I'll bring monopoly game, then we can play a fun game, and I only have to pay for stuff in Monopoly Money..

I wanta go up on Friday Night, but I am scared of the dark. I can work from my stupid office in West Pennant Hills and leave from there... But not sure if I should head up Bells line of road to to Lithgow or just say home in Sutherland and leave Friday at 3:30pm and head up via katoomba? Long time since me go west...

I'll just pack lightly. (no I am not gonna bring 8 pairs of shoes, just 8 sleeping bags, tent, marshmellow's and my coffee pot)

Looking forward to white man fire, saves me from bringing a stove..

I just wanta hook up with someone else going friday if they can give me their details, + mobil number (private message is fine) that can help me find this place..

Oh yeah, I did work out how to turn my fog lights on, but someone said it's illegal to drive with fog lights on if it aint foggy? Why do people spoil all the fun?

I am still working on my essay for the mag, 101 things you can do with yr Jeep hardtop before your dead.. naw I don't sing campfire songs but will give it a go..

Don't be scared, I am harmless really...

Cheers,

Linda

Wolfe
18-05-12, 10:41 PM
We can convoy up L so if you get between two cars its less scary that way. Do bring warm thermals.

sfedek
18-05-12, 11:30 PM
Paralize, I am going up on Friday night. I am hoping to go up Bells, Its easier. I think i will be leaving around 8pm
My mobile is 0407 074 085

Eddy

Wolfe
19-05-12, 09:55 AM
Need small help please...

So far this is looking good for me to go (no work on) not sure yet about the recovery gear stuff...

I'll bring monopoly game, then we can play a fun game, and I only have to pay for stuff in Monopoly Money..

I wanta go up on Friday Night, but I am scared of the dark. I can work from my stupid office in West Pennant Hills and leave from there... But not sure if I should head up Bells line of road to to Lithgow or just say home in Sutherland and leave Friday at 3:30pm and head up via katoomba? Long time since me go west...

I'll just pack lightly. (no I am not gonna bring 8 pairs of shoes, just 8 sleeping bags, tent, marshmellow's and my coffee pot)

Looking forward to white man fire, saves me from bringing a stove..

I just wanta hook up with someone else going friday if they can give me their details, + mobil number (private message is fine) that can help me find this place..

Oh yeah, I did work out how to turn my fog lights on, but someone said it's illegal to drive with fog lights on if it aint foggy? Why do people spoil all the fun?

I am still working on my essay for the mag, 101 things you can do with yr Jeep hardtop before your dead.. naw I don't sing campfire songs but will give it a go..

Don't be scared, I am harmless really...

Cheers,

Linda

We can convoy up L so if you get between two cars its less scary that way. Do bring warm thermals.

Paralize, I am going up on Friday night. I am hoping to go up Bells, Its easier. I think i will be leaving around 8pm
My mobile is 0407 074 085

Eddy

So should we set a meeting point ? How about corner pennant hills rd and Beecroft rd @ 8.00 pm friday night?

Wolfe
19-05-12, 10:47 AM
We can set a time earlier if anyone wants to. Any takers?

Hunno
19-05-12, 12:37 PM
Got to pick Harmony up from Glenorie around 1730hrs & will be heading out via Cattai Ridge Road. Could meet at Richmond Maccas by 1830hrs.

Wolfe
19-05-12, 03:40 PM
Got to pick Harmony up from Glenorie around 1730hrs & will be heading out via Cattai Ridge Road. Could meet at Richmond Maccas by 1830hrs.
ok depending on when i finish work I could meet up with Linda somewhere an meet up at Richmond.

stevet
21-05-12, 07:44 PM
Hope to attend if O.k'd by the Doc. that week.:smile-new:......... Will need a less vertically challenged person to help put up my tent on the Friday...:highly_amused:......:smile-new:.........

ick72
21-05-12, 09:17 PM
looks like we are out ..

Paralize
22-05-12, 10:18 AM
I was gonna leave a bit earlier. like about 4pm...

Wooders
22-05-12, 10:38 AM
Are we running some of the other jamboree tracks at the same time?
The Woodley family will be attending - so might as well list MM as the designated driver ;)
Would like to leave Friday night (my household isn't good with mornings).

Hunno
22-05-12, 11:41 AM
Are we running some of the other jamboree tracks at the same time?
The Woodley family will be attending - so might as well list MM as the designated driver ;)
Would like to leave Friday night (my household isn't good with mornings).

OMG the Wooders are coming I'm OUT!!!!! LOL. nar

Excellent to hear Dave.

Hunno
22-05-12, 11:43 AM
looks like we are out ..
Bugger, well if something happens & you can come, even very last second the doors open.

ick72
22-05-12, 11:36 PM
Yeah having a hard time getting answer from the super company ur if they get back to us this week I'm sure I could get something in time

Wolfe
22-05-12, 11:43 PM
I won't be there until early Saturday morning maybe between 1:00 - 2:00am so everyone will still be up?

jeepney
25-05-12, 09:14 AM

Hunno, I'll meet up with you Friday evening at Macca's.

Heidi
25-05-12, 11:00 AM
Well hopefully our TJ is running again by next week - we are still coming though :) might need to jump in with other's on the day if it is not ready as I don't think the commodore will get far.
Heidi

Steven.Boyd
25-05-12, 12:17 PM
I am off the roster so i can now attend. Will be meeting at the richmond meeting point on the Saturday, Who else is travelling up from that meeting point ?

Hunno
25-05-12, 01:43 PM

No Problems.

Anyone else?

Goneagain
26-05-12, 06:42 PM
Hi Hunno, I will be coming with my Jeep as well with Steve T.

Regards,
Adrian.

Hunno
26-05-12, 06:54 PM
Hi Hunno, I will be coming with my Jeep as well with Steve T.

Regards,
Adrian.

Is Stephen coming in your car or his own?

Goneagain
28-05-12, 12:04 AM
Is Stephen coming in your car or his own?

I won't be sure until after tomorrow (Monday) we are still working it out. :smile-new: I will let you know.

Regards, Adrian.

Steven.Boyd
28-05-12, 09:36 AM
Who is meeting at Richmond on Saturday AM, Who is leading up to Rydel?

Dieselcon
28-05-12, 05:44 PM
Very disappointed as I have to pull for family commitments.

ian C
28-05-12, 07:59 PM
I'm in. Will be heading from Richmond Maccas on Saturday morning.

dobbo56
28-05-12, 08:17 PM
I'll be at Richmond maccas, 0700hrs saturday. cheers David D.

stevet
28-05-12, 08:46 PM
I am out as per the Doc. today..:grumpy:....eeerrr....:frown:.... Soon.....:smile:...

Wolfe
28-05-12, 09:25 PM
I have spoken to Brett Radburn and he has said as long as we promise not to pick a fight with the Triple Diamond Club then we are OK to camp over the weekend

Steve F
28-05-12, 09:40 PM
I can lead the group from Richmond.

Cheers
Steve

Steven.Boyd
28-05-12, 09:53 PM
I am considering camping up there on the Saturday night.

Are there any trips organised for the Sunday ?

Wolfe
28-05-12, 09:55 PM

Yes there will be something

Hunno
28-05-12, 10:25 PM
I can lead the group from Richmond.

Cheers
Steve

Saturday Morning?

Yes there will be something

Abso-bloody-lutely!!!!

I'm Staying the whole weekend.

Wolfe
28-05-12, 10:44 PM
Saturday Morning?

Abso-bloody-lutely!!!!

I'm Staying the whole weekend.

If nothing else then shootouts with the triple diamonds

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gFl2mNfBv6k/TdqjzgLZkxI/AAAAAAAAALI/xdNZWJ6LAPs/s1600/shootout.jpg

Wolfe
28-05-12, 11:10 PM
Just saw this http://www.triplediamond.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=41&Itemid=90

Paralize
29-05-12, 08:47 AM
Put me down for Richmond Macca's Friday 18:30.. Prob take me that long to find it after work...

Bummer my Barz haven't arrived yet! So I am going Virgin.

Weather forcast is Mostly Sunny Friday, Possible showers for Saturday... A good mud fest on Sunday.

Linda

SteveC
29-05-12, 09:44 AM
Just saw this http://www.triplediamond.asn.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=41&Itemid=90

That is very well done.

Who in the club has a Statement of Attainment of "Drive & Recover a 4WD Vehicle - SRODRV001B" ?

BTW what have you planned for the Sunday? I'd like to come up for a drive on Sunday only if there is a trip

jeep_jk112
29-05-12, 10:22 AM
Well my plans for the rest of the week have been royally screwed!
Only found out this morning that I'm heading up to singleton for work tomorrow.....
Just because I don't have kids doesn't mean I am able to ship out at a moments notice, but this isn't the place to talk work haha...
Not expected back till next week.
Was looming forward to my first sjc camp.

Cheers
Matt

Steve F
29-05-12, 10:36 AM
Saturday Morning?.

Yep, the saturday morning one.

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
29-05-12, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure maybe Heidi has?

Hunno
29-05-12, 12:18 PM
That is very well done.

Who in the club has a Statement of Attainment of "Drive & Recover a 4WD Vehicle - SRODRV001B" ?

BTW what have you planned for the Sunday? I'd like to come up for a drive on Sunday only if there is a trip

this Accreditation has been Superseded by a Parent training package:
SRO03 - Outdoor Recreation Industry Training Package (http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/Training/Details/SRO03)

I was talking to Geoff regarding further Accredited training with the DTU later after Jambo. With the intention of gaining all the up to date training to run & Issue training courses & Certificates of Attainment with in the club.

My understanding is that this weekend we will be covering this all the principles of this course for free anyway in our Driver Awareness Day.

Well my plans for the rest of the week have been royally screwed!
Only found out this morning that I'm heading up to singleton for work tomorrow.....
Just because I don't have kids doesn't mean I am able to ship out at a moments notice, but this isn't the place to talk work haha...
Not expected back till next week.
Was looming forward to my first sjc camp.

Cheers
Matt

So you have to work weekends then without notice?

Heidi
29-05-12, 12:54 PM
Brian and I both have Statement of Attainment of "Drive & Recover a 4WD Vehicle - SRODRV001B

SteveC
29-05-12, 01:02 PM
Hunno
I think you will find that Statement of Attainment of "Drive & Recover a 4WD Vehicle - SRODRV001B" has been superseded or supplemented by:
SRO DRV 002B - Drive a Four Wheel Drive in Difficult Terrain & SRO DRV 003B Co-coordinated Recovery of a four wheel drive using advanced Techniques.

Both these I have, if that helps,

Though I understand that to provide formal certification you may need a couple of other qualification,one being a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.

Steve

Hunno
29-05-12, 01:18 PM
Hunno
I think you will find that Statement of Attainment of "Drive & Recover a 4WD Vehicle - SRODRV001B" has been superseded or supplemented by:
SRO DRV 002B - Drive a Four Wheel Drive in Difficult Terrain & SRO DRV 003B Co-coordinated Recovery of a four wheel drive using advanced Techniques.

Both these I have, if that helps,

Though I understand that to provide formal certification you may need a couple of other qualification,one being a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.

Steve

Only had a quick look you might be correct. If you want to, have a chat with Heidi & Brian at the trip meeting this Wednesday night & see what they have instore & see where you can help.

As for the second part, yes your right & God Bless the Goverment. lol.

AussieCJ7
29-05-12, 01:59 PM
We planning to leave Sydney at about 3 pm, but have had a last minute change from camping to glamping at the Alexander Hotel :)

We have to be back in Sydney Saturday night so figured carting camping gear for one night was a PIA but will be up to the camp ground for the fire and a drink or 2 what time is everyone else planning to arrive on Friday evening ??

jeepney
29-05-12, 02:40 PM

Hunno, am sorry I have to back out from this trip. A family member is moving house this weekend and needs my help and the jeep.

gp
29-05-12, 06:59 PM
I would like to go this Saturday morning, who else will be at Maccas Richmond?
GP - John Clark

Steven.Boyd
29-05-12, 08:42 PM
if you look at the first post you will see who is meeting where and when

I am meeting at Richmond Saturday morning

Goneagain
30-05-12, 01:14 AM
Hi Hunno, Unfortunately I have had to change plans as well. My Jeep has decided to play limp mode so I am ordering a Governor Sensor and Solenoid.

Next time for sure. Regards, Adrian.

Wooders
30-05-12, 10:35 AM
Still in !!!
;)

Hunno
30-05-12, 01:07 PM
Still in !!!
;)
YEP, me too.

BIG FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redrubi
31-05-12, 12:08 AM
G-Day All!

We'll be at Maccas Saturday!!

And by the way Hunno, I will be driving!!! As well as Charls:eagerness:

See ya there!!

Cheers

Newtojeep
31-05-12, 01:49 AM
Hi does anyone know where I can get a wj motor 4.7 v8 hemi for a 99 grand cherokee I can't find any and they are so expensive if I do find one I'm looking at becoming a full on member instead of just being a thread reader but I have a lot to learn before I can say "yea I can do that" lol of you can help me out some how would appreciate it email ScottHuntsman@hotmail.com and I can either call you back or you can ask for my number or just tell me where to get a motor from I want to make the next meeting so I can have a chat to a few members and take the learning curve from there thanks

kiwi kev
31-05-12, 11:31 AM
sorry, will have to pull out due to ill health , have a great weekend

Steven.Boyd
31-05-12, 09:25 PM
Any one have the address for the meeting point at Rydel so i can log it in my GPS

Thank you

SPQR
31-05-12, 09:31 PM
Put me in please,will meet at Richmond Maccas Saturday 0700hrs,is it light at that time of day? Regards Dick.

redrubi
31-05-12, 10:15 PM
Yes Dick & it's bloody cold too:highly_amused:

We'll see you there.

Cheers

redrubi
31-05-12, 10:18 PM
Steven,

Just put in Rydal Pub! Or the showground.

redrubi
31-05-12, 10:22 PM
Hunno Mate!

Is anyone taking the club BBQ or do you know if there is a BBQ at the showground?

Cheers

Wolfe
31-05-12, 10:54 PM
I'll have the marque if we are in luck the local canteen may be operating , the local pub does a good counter dinner. I'll have my gas cooker but I don't think the Barbie will be there I'm not sure if there's a bar be que up there?

Wolfe
31-05-12, 11:27 PM
The weather report says to expect a low of 6 degrees on saturday, even though it may not be too cold I would suggest everyone come prepared in case you do freeze :snowman:

Bear
31-05-12, 11:42 PM
I don't think it will be as cold as Bylong, Queen's B/day W/end 2010, -5 deg 3mm ice on every thing until 10 am.

Those that were there will remember.

Wolfe
31-05-12, 11:45 PM
I don't think it will be as cold as Bylong, Queen's /day W/end 2010, -5 deg 3mm ice on every thing until 10 am.

Those that were there will rember.
Im not sure if that was the time I was up there but it was bloody cold when we were there. The predication is for shwers and cold so add wind and Its going to be nippish

Hunno
01-06-12, 01:14 AM
No the BBQ will not be there as I didn't pick it up,
Maybe someone is bring their own??
Yes it will be bloody freezing.

Hunno
01-06-12, 01:28 AM
Where -- Rydal Show Ground
When -- Saturday 2nd June, 2012
Meet -- Friday night at the show ground for those who would like to camp for the weekend or
Saturday 0700hrs Richmond Maccas for a 0715hrs depart (last arrive at Maccas does the trip report).
More trip explorations on Sunday TBA.
Time -- 0900 - 1600hrs (9am - 4pm).
Grade -- D-Grade, lets start at the beginning.
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
Further info contact --- Hunno

Attending: Departure Time:

1. Hunno .................................................. ......Friday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
2. Stuart - Wolfe ..................EL PRESIDENTE Pardon - Arrive whenever you want Sir. lol
3. Steve F................................................. ......Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
4. Drew - bigblue - Out (first real excuse I've heard (best wihes & good luck, hope all goes well).
5. Todd & Kirsten - ick72 - Out :(
6. Jen - Mrs AussieCJ7.......................................Fr iday Night Richmond Maccas ????hrs
8. David D - dobbo56.........................................Sa turday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
9. Andy & Charl - redrubi....................................Saturda y Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
10. Steven.Boyd....................................... ........Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
11. Eddy - sfedek............................................ .Friday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
12. Linda -Paralize.......................................... ..Friday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
13. ??? - Jeepney -Out
14. Jose - Dieselcon - Out
15. Matt - jk112 -Out
16. Kew Kev -Out
17. Dave & Family - Wooders...............................Friday Night Richmond Maccas ????hrs
18. Adrian - Goneagain -Out
19. Stephen - SteveT -Out
20. Brian and Heidi............................................F riday Night Richmond Maccas 1830hrs
21. Ian C................................................. .......Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
22. John Clarke - gp.........................................Saturda y Richmond Maccas 0700hrs
23.Dick - SPQR.............................................. ..Saturday Richmond Maccas 0700hrs

Steve, as things stand you have a 7 vehicle convey Saturday morning.
I have a 4 car, one ROYAL pardon & then there'e the do as I want DAVE's!!! lol.

AussieCJ7
01-06-12, 08:30 AM
This "do as I want Dave" is leaving from Lane Cove with a convoy of 2 at about 3:30 after the school pick up run

If anyone wants to meet on the way let me know before about 2:30 and we can co-ordinate a meeting point

Heidi
01-06-12, 11:34 AM
We will just meet up at Rydal as we are dropping of Isabelle and our dog at my parents at Emu Plains first

Even if you are coming for the day you might want to bring a chair

Nekked
01-06-12, 05:01 PM
Hunno,

I'm racing to make it tonight at 6:30, what is the departure time? Just do I'm not so stressed, even if I miss you guys I'll just meet you at the camp site.

Are dogs allowed?

Cheers

Hunno
01-06-12, 07:31 PM
Don't need to rush. I'm still waiting on the ex wife shes an hour late

Nekked
01-06-12, 07:40 PM
Sweet, I'm around the corner anyway now. Cheers

Nekked
01-06-12, 08:04 PM
Where is everyone???

AussieCJ7
01-06-12, 08:11 PM
Where is everyone???

Sitting in Rydal pub enjoying a steak and the heater

Nekked
01-06-12, 08:24 PM
Nice one, we will hopefully be leaving here soon.

Hunno, I'm heading to north Richmond to fill up at BP then stop at the bottle shop. Let me know when you are here and we can meet up. 0451264030. Alex

Wolfe
02-06-12, 07:47 AM
I'm joining the sat morning crew to come up.

ian C
02-06-12, 09:02 AM
Sorry guys, had to miss it, flu is still too bad

Wooders
02-06-12, 05:02 PM
Sitting in Rydal pub enjoying a steak and the heater
Yup as I type with fresh beer in hand.

AussieCJ7
02-06-12, 07:10 PM
Great work from Brian and Heidi running a very good awareness session it gave the newer members a great base to start and gain confidence and a good refresh for the experienced members

My wife looked at the bottom of the practice hill thinking why am I doing this and got to the top and said is that it?

Highly recommend the pub for anyone who doesn't want to camp on any of our trips up there, good clean rooms great pub meal and even better breakfast

Wolfe
02-06-12, 07:34 PM
Great time,excellent training Sitting in pub after an informative training day. Don't you wish you'd come? Well there's always next time. Book early avoid the rush.

Wolfe
02-06-12, 07:38 PM
Congrats Brian and Heidi I thought I knew it all but your interesting And informative session has given me the confidence to 4x4 safely. Thanks again.

Steve F
02-06-12, 07:42 PM
Yep, great session despite the rain, the fire an shelter always helps.

Cheers
Steve

dobbo56
02-06-12, 09:45 PM
Great day,thanks Brian and Heidi, learned heaps and had fun too, but boy the fog on the way home, PHEW, but worth it . thanks again guys, David the dog man..

Wolfe
02-06-12, 10:01 PM
Diner &desert even better.

Paralize
02-06-12, 10:22 PM
Thanks Brian and Heidi. I had a lot of fun, thanks for all the great tips I got from both of you...

I got a good run home. 2.5 hours from Lithgow to Sutherland. I can't believe it, been living in Sydney for 22 years and they are still stuffing around with the roads in Katooma!! Not too much traffic on the roads that was good. My GPS lead me down Great Western Highway to M7 to M5 fairford road, home in no time at all. Not too much fog, a lot of rain. I put 37psi in the tyres thanks to Davids suggestion so that little (!) on my dash didn't come back on.. 12lrt/100k fuel consumption on way home, much better than the 14.5ish..

Yeah, I was born to drive a Jeep. This car just gets better and better every day! I wonder if I will ever get and led readout on my dash that says "ctrlaltdelete" the "escoff".. dang what was it, heidi got it.... electronic stability control??

We worked out the down hill assit button seems to lower yr revs, sorta like reverseing the engines on an airplane.

I think I am gonna label one of my extra unused buttons in my car unwise.exe

Thanks for an amazing day.

Cheers,

Para

SteveC
03-06-12, 09:55 AM
Glad you guys enjoyed it
Need to do this on a regular basis

Steven.Boyd
03-06-12, 11:00 AM
Big Thanks Brian and Heidi for a well run day and Brian for sitting shotgun in my Jeep

I learnt some and got refreshed on some stuff i already knew.

I would be very interested in some more exploring of the Rydal area tracks with the possibility of leading some trips for Jambo

Heidi
03-06-12, 05:14 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed it hopefully we have a few more interested in being trip leaders for jambo as well

redrubi
03-06-12, 09:25 PM
Thanks Brian & Heidi!

Very informative and entertaining:eagerness:

Pitty you all went home, we drove the same track today(well almost the same track:indecisiveness: we let EL PRESIDENTE lead!! LEFT or RIGHT Wolfe! LOL). Even dragged the Wooders Clan in the city JEEP out there with us, not a problem! Dave you stubborn B@#$%RD!!

Named some reference points for JAMBO along the way! Linda you are now famous! The turn around point on yesterdays track is now called "ANTZ PANTZ" and Dave,s special hill!! "the M2" (if he can do it on street tyers and no lift! Did I mention stubborn anywhere!! anyone can:hororr:), this one is easy to find if Woolfe & THE BIG SPOON are your guides!LOL.
Once again, thanks guys great day & special thanks Brian for the guidance you gave Charls I hardly got the wheel today!! The Bug Has Bitten!!

Cheers

Andy & Charls :pirate:

Wooders
03-06-12, 09:39 PM
Ahh what a great fun weekend.
My inital goal was to help jambo site planning and a few bevies......
Company, Food, bevies and fire were terrible in the Pub (I don't want to compete for a room next time ;)).
Todays drive was a lot of fun and yeah I am a bit stubborn Andy :)

redrubi
03-06-12, 09:50 PM
A BIT? LOL:encouragement:

Wooders
03-06-12, 10:04 PM
But hey, WJ, no lift (worse with ground clearance rubbing side steps), no lockers, stock, balding highway tyres at near street pressure and connected swaybar.

It went nearly everywhere I pointed it today - and only had to lay into the right foot a few times ;)
I know I should have aired down, but initially when we were heading out it was supposed to be a short easy run....