PDA

View Full Version : Watagans Run, Sat, 19th May

D.K.
14-05-12, 11:34 PM
Watagans, Sat 19th May

Conditions are looking promising for some good wheelin', thinking of doing - Up Zigzag, down Whitemans and then up Tunks
Where: Watagans State Forest
When: Sat, 19th May
Meet: Old Weigh Station, Just off F3, 2km past Berowra
Time: 8.00
Grade: B/B+
Requirements -- recovery points Front/Rear, rock sliders, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
This run is limited to 8 including leader
Further info contact D.K. mob: 0434 848 482

Attending:

1. D.K.
2. Greg D
3. Reszo

Greg D
15-05-12, 09:46 AM
Please count me in, DK. Although I will soon need some new sliders after loosing a chunk of mine last Saturday!

Dieselcon
15-05-12, 04:07 PM
Damn the timing is not good. Hopefully next time.
Getting withdrawals from jeeping.

kiwi kev
15-05-12, 10:14 PM
DK,no rock sliders for a couple of weeks,sorry mate, would love to come

D.K.
16-05-12, 12:20 AM
DK,no rock sliders for a couple of weeks,sorry mate, would love to come

No worries mate. Plenty of tracks to do up there.

Reszo
17-05-12, 10:02 AM
Count me in DK. Only running 275/70 cooper ATR's but as you said, should be ok with dry-ish tracks.

Reszo
18-05-12, 02:43 PM
DK - I assume trip is still running? If yes, need to clarify the meet location. Not familiar with the weigh station but found the following from an old AJOR post

The old weigh station (AKA Toll Gates)... Head north on the F3, take the berowra exit. Keep heading north on the Pacific Highway. Speed Limit will drop to 60 through Berowra. keep heading north.
Speed limit will go back to 80, and take the Old Pacific highway / cowan turnoff to the left. Immediately once you've exited left, you'll see an entrance to the truck rest area on the right.. Nice big patch of concrete, can't miss it.

Does that sound right?

D.K.
18-05-12, 04:00 PM
DK - I assume trip is still running? If yes, need to clarify the meet location. Not familiar with the weigh station but found the following from an old AJOR post

The old weigh station (AKA Toll Gates)... Head north on the F3, take the berowra exit. Keep heading north on the Pacific Highway. Speed Limit will drop to 60 through Berowra. keep heading north.
Speed limit will go back to 80, and take the Old Pacific highway / cowan turnoff to the left. Immediately once you've exited left, you'll see an entrance to the truck rest area on the right.. Nice big patch of concrete, can't miss it.

Does that sound right?

Yep, thats it. Call me if you're not sure. Just dont miss the Berowra exit.
See you and Greg, tomorrow!

Greg D
18-05-12, 04:39 PM
DK - I'm still good for tomorrow. See you there at 8 am.

Greg

jbrad
19-05-12, 01:01 AM
Have a great trip guys, I can't make it - wish I could. Look forward to hearing about it once its done. Jas

Reszo
19-05-12, 08:46 PM
Just a quick note of thanks to David our trip leader for the day, and Greg for providing valuable backup on an awesome days wheeling. There was one very hairy section that took us nearly 2 hours to get my Jeep through, with my wife having visions of rolling down the cliff side with the kids screaming wildly, but we made it through in the end.

Apologies to Dave and Greg for not completing the entire trip (we decided that my skid plates and diffs had taken enough of a beating, and to not do the final part that would have been just as difficult)

I got a few shots before my camera battery died, and I will post them up shortly.

D.K.
20-05-12, 09:28 AM
Trip report in Club Matters section

SKIZZI
23-05-12, 09:46 PM
Damn... I would have loved to come along! Haven't checked for trips in a while :( missed out...