PDA

View Full Version : SJC Club Jackets

JP_Mark
27-07-05, 03:59 PM
Well I finally got around to getting a preliminary quote for club jackets and will bring the catalogues along to the next meeting for discussion. Expect the finished jackets to cost up to $100 dollars each and I need a minimum order of 20 to go ahead so if you can't make the meeting please leave an expression of interest here so we can guage numbers. Due to the high unit cost of the jackets, this would have to be done on an order basis as the club can't afford to buy a selection of jackets into stock (additional badges would possibly be ordered to add to jackets in the future). I'll explain the issues/costs at the meeting but the approximate basic break-down is as follows:

Large embroidered patches for rear of jacket - $40 each for 50+ or $40 ea plus $200 set-up for less than 50.
$3 each to apply patch to jacket.
Approx $4 each jacket for 'Sydney Jeep Club' on breast of jacket.
Jacket cost varies between $31 each for a bomber jacket to $60-70 for an outdoors type jacket.

The embroidered patch for the back is neccesary to get the logo as large as possible and will be much cheaper than the stitch count required to embroider the entire logo including background. Additionally, they advise that that much embroidery would distort the jacket.

The 20 jackets would have to come from the same supplier so there is scope to have some different jackets on offer but obviously, it will be preferable to have one jacket that most agree on to keep it simple and retain uniformity ( I was thinking a black jacket would also be a common choice). There may also be scope just to sell the badges to apply to people own jackets if required but will still need a minimum order of 20 jackets made. Cheers, Mark.

JP_Mark
23-09-05, 11:16 PM
Bit of an update on these. General opinion at the club meetings was to go for the club logo n the front of the jacket with the club name across the back.

I placed the order for the badges for the front today (50 ordered) which will be ready in two weeks. Just need to get firm orders for 20 jackets and we are on our way.

Wooders
29-09-05, 10:13 PM
Me 1 8)

Anonymous
29-09-05, 11:34 PM
yeah count me in... I need a Big one... no... make that a HUGE one.. hehe

Wooders
30-09-05, 01:43 PM
Now WTF is "guest" ;)

DVL12H
01-10-05, 12:30 PM
yeah that guest would be me.... I forgot to log in...

BenC
05-10-05, 10:16 AM
Yep I'll take one as well.

I'll have my regular bomber jacket at the meeting tonight so people can get an idea what size they might need.

BenC
06-10-05, 10:56 AM
1 order here for a size M 38"

Steve F
06-10-05, 11:09 AM
I'll take one too, no idea on size at the moment though.

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
06-10-05, 11:26 AM
Put me down for a medium Mark

JP_Mark
06-10-05, 11:48 AM
Spoke to my contact today regarding the jackets and hopefully he will get back to me soon with some actual measurements so we can get a decent sized order put together. Final pricing for jackets (black nylon flying/bomber jacket with club logo badge on the front and club name embroidered on back) is $55 for upto 10 orders and reducing to $50 for more than 10.

We are still aiming to have an initial order of twenty jackets to cover set-up costs and small order penalties etc. Happy to take firm orders from members here (as long as you identify yourself - not just BB handle) with payment as soon as you can (maybe expect to pay $55 and if we get enough numbers we can refund the difference). Not going to order spares or maybes.

Orders so far:
Ben C (Maddog) 1 x Medium 38"
Steve F 1 x TBA
Mark L (Sir Camel) 1 x Medium

Dave W (Wooders) 1 x XXL
Mark L (JP_Mark) 1 x TBA
Antnony (Antz) 1 x TBA
Chris (Cpage66) 1 x TBA
Troy (Mr Super Star) 1 x L?
Geoff K (Jaffas) 1 x L
Steven (Stevet) 1 x M, 1 x S

Total so far - 11

Ben, could you (or Fran?) send out an email to the club advising them of the pending jacket order and get them to either respond to yourself, me on mark@depot.com.au or back here. Cheers, Mark.

BenC
06-10-05, 12:42 PM
Thanks Mark. I'll try to get an email sent out tonight.

DVL12H is Kerrod.

DVL12H
06-10-05, 03:54 PM
I want a jacket but will have to wait till u get size measurements so i can tell u how big.

Cheers!!

Kerrod.

Antz
06-10-05, 05:53 PM
I'll definitely take one....fat guy size :D

Anthony.

Cpage66
06-10-05, 06:36 PM
I'll need a fat bastard size please...
Cheers,
Chris

MR_SUPER_STAR
06-10-05, 08:42 PM
I would like 1,

N.F.I on what size, :oops:
Im a 42 Shirt 8) (If some1 can help out)

ann
07-10-05, 10:47 AM
I would like 1,

N.F.I on what size, :oops:
Im a 42 Shirt 8) (If some1 can help out)

42 in little wussy girl size or man size?

42, Id go large personally unless you like that tight across the chest and short arm look :wink:

MR_SUPER_STAR
07-10-05, 10:57 AM
42 in little wussy girl size or man size?

42, Id go large personally unless you like that tight across the chest and short arm look :wink:

Im a 42 in little wussy girl size :roll:

How do you thing the tight across the chest & short arm look will go for me? :| (any1 else think im a D**k Head? cause i feel like 1 after saying that. :oops: )

Jaffas
09-10-05, 11:29 AM
Im a 42 in little wussy girl size :roll:

How do you thing the tight across the chest & short arm look will go for me? :| (any1 else think im a D**k Head? cause i feel like 1 after saying that. :oops: )

No comment!!

I'll have one... a large ... medium will probably be a little tight across the chest :wink:

Wooders
11-10-05, 10:40 PM
Ops size - better make mine a fat bastard size :oops: XXXL?

JP_Mark
24-10-05, 02:51 PM
Ok, so I have been sent the following sizing info which is length of the body as chest size and sleeve length are unavailable from this manufacturer??

Length (body) of the jackets,

small = 69cm
medium = 72
large = 75
xlarge = 78
xxlarge = 83
xxxlarge = 86

They have offered to provide some samples for 2 weeks maximum if I can get in to pick them up before the next meeting. Might need someone to return them though (North Parramatta).

BenC
24-10-05, 02:58 PM
Sounds like it'll be good to check them out at the next meeting then choose a size and pay money for orders all in one go.

Jaffas
24-10-05, 07:41 PM
Mark, I can probably help you pick up/drop off stuff as north parra is just down the road... and I am sometimes home before 5pm. Just let us know.

stevet
24-10-05, 08:37 PM
please order one medium [same size as ben c] plus one small for my daugther thanks steve.t

JP_Mark
25-10-05, 09:42 AM
Thanks Geoff, they close at 5 Mon-to Thurs and 4 on Fridays which has meant trying to rush out there Fri afternoons to catch them just before they close. I'll talk to you at the meeting.

Forgot to mention that I have collected the badges and they came out pretty well - was going to scan one and post it but haven't gotten around to it.

Jaffas
03-11-05, 07:47 PM
We tried on the jackets at the November meeting and the sizes people that were at the meeting chose are:

CONFIRMED ORDERS:
Wooders - XL
Mark L (JP_Mark) - L
Mark H (SubXJ) - XL
Geoff (Jaffas) - (2) M, M
Eddy - L
Antz - XXL
Jumbo - XXL
Troy (MrSuperStar) - M
Fran - S
Mark L (Sir_Camel) - S

Ben (Maddog) - M
Steve F - XL
Steve T - (2) S, M
Chris (CPage66) - XXL

The sizing is fairly big, so can those others that have said they want one, please confirm on size based on the people above. Should give you an idea go by...

WAITING TO CONFIRM:

CJ_Brad - M ?

I would like to go and put the order in on Mon 7 or Tues 8 Nov depending which day I get home from work early, so can those people please reply this weekend 8)

Just a refresher - it is a black jacket, with the badge sewn on the front and the words "Sydney Jeep Club" across the back - in grey to match the badge. They are $55.00

Oh, and if you wondering why I am doing it, its cos I am helping Mark out :wink:

Steve F
03-11-05, 08:34 PM
Put me down for an XL

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
04-11-05, 05:29 AM
M,
Apologies for the lateness but probably an 2XL please....

JP_Mark
04-11-05, 10:19 AM
Geoff, Kerrod sent me a PM a little while back to cancel his order as he had sold his Jeep.

Dorzun
04-11-05, 12:41 PM
I cannot remember what they are like and was unable to get to the meeting last week. Do you have a pic you can post on how they'll look. I'd say I'm 90% on ordering one in M by the looks of what the boy's are getting but I want to see it again first before confirming.

JP_Mark
04-11-05, 03:05 PM
Brad, Gonna be a black bomber/flying jacket (same as the one Ben now wears) with the club logo badge on the front left breast (about 4 inces high) and across the back will be embroidered 'Sydney Jeep Club' laid out the same as on the logo (but done as a grey outline). Pretty simple layout that you can then add your own jeep badges to etc Cheers, mark

BenC
07-11-05, 09:32 AM
Mine was M due to the large sizing of them.

ann
07-11-05, 11:50 AM
Geoff, Ive emailed you details of Stephen Taylors order. :)

Jaffas
07-11-05, 06:57 PM
Pics below might give you an idea of what we getting - that is the medium size jacket with the badge just lying on it in the approx position it will go.

Orders editted above. I will be putting order in on Tues arvo.

Thanks,
Geoff

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/d/36203-2/Jeep%20jackets%20_1_.jpg
http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/d/36206-2/Jeep%20jackets%20_2_.jpg

BenC
07-11-05, 08:09 PM
Looks great! 8)

Jaffas
08-11-05, 02:20 PM
It is basically last call for Jackets now, as I will be leaving in half an hr to go put the order in.
Totals so far
S - 3
M - 5 (6 if Brad wants one)
L - 2
XL - 3
XXL - 3

Total 16 (or 17)

Jaffas
09-11-05, 01:35 PM
Done - 16 ordered.

Brad, if u want one, let us know and I'll ring them and add 1 to the order.

JP_Mark
09-11-05, 02:17 PM
Geoff, I need to catch up with you before Saturday to give you a cheque for the balance of the jackets. Call me on 0404 247 770 or ah on 9686 6672 to coordinate.

Jaffas
21-11-05, 07:56 PM
Dropped in on the jacket people today. The jackets have arrived, they have the badges (as we had them before anyway) and they are waiting on the proof for the wording on the back of the jackets. Hopefully they will put them in for the run late this week or early next, so maybe we will have them in 2 wks or so...

Jaffas
09-12-05, 05:53 PM
I have picked up the Jackets and they look smick! Due to work I am pretty flat out during Dec, and I guess it is not really jacket weather either, so I will hold onto them until the next club meeting, unless people want to pick them up.

JP_Mark
10-12-05, 09:00 PM
Geoff, I would like to pick mine up as you are close. Will contact you soon.

stevet
10-12-05, 10:42 PM
Geoff, I would like to pick up the jackets too,(Chrissy thing).
Stevet.

Jaffas
11-12-05, 10:04 AM
Call me anytime on 0437 678 751 if you want to pick up jacket.

I am working 12 hr days, 7 days a week at the moment, so between 6:30 and 8:30pm is good to come and collect them.

Tropey
12-12-05, 02:03 PM
What are the chance of getting another one ordered?

JP_Mark
12-12-05, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately jackets need to be ordered in bulk due set-up costs etc(absolute minimum order of 10 but the embroiderers would prefer 20+). Hopefully once people get top see the jackets, we can encourage a few more members to get another order together in the new year.

Wooders
14-12-05, 09:25 AM
Depending how mine comes out - I might end up convincing the wife too....and I'd guess there mybe others in the same boat ;)

JP_Mark
16-12-05, 11:38 AM
Collected mine - looks great, now just need to work out where to attach my other jeep badges and lose 15 degrees off the daily temp and I'm good to go :wink:

stevet
16-12-05, 12:02 PM
I have collected mine & they do feel good. All we need is a white christmas!

Wooders
26-03-06, 06:12 PM
What the go with collection?
It's not cold yet - but I wouldn't mind my jaclet to keep me warm anyhow ;)

sir_camel
27-03-06, 12:38 AM

If you come to a club meeting mr wooders. I think they are out at Suburban now. Not sure exactly. Geoff knows.

Wooders
28-03-06, 07:18 AM
Sorry just been a busy camper lately.
Will get my ar se o the next meeting :oops:

Jaffas
28-03-06, 12:56 PM

If you come to a club meeting mr wooders. I think they are out at Suburban now. Not sure exactly. Geoff knows.

They at my house. Not sure I will be at next meeting, so best to arrange direct pick up with me Wooders...

Wooders
29-03-06, 01:02 AM
Mate if you are in the hills you're just next door.....when/where? ;)