PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my first Jeep..please help

sykotoyRS4
28-08-12, 08:56 PM
Hi fella's,

Started to look for my first jeep, i have 2-3 in mind that i have narrowed it down to.

1. Around 1998-2003 jeep brought out i think a TJ that i only ever saw in darkish green with a tan interior, it had the indian's head in the side's and the sticker saying wrangler ( indians head) Renegade. it also came with a velcro on, tan colored padding for the roll bars that i think had built in speakers, was that a special anniversary/model??? i saw one in byron last week with wider arches and wheels, that color combo and wides on it , it was looking perfect, anyone know the year/modal that one is?

2. The new one with pentastar engine, not sure about size, 2 door looks great but 4 door prolly more practical and usable.

3. The one we see that someone has put on all the extras and you just buy it, so u dont have too, or is add-ons half the fun on "building" your own jeep?

please help.

Audi just set fire to my B7 RS4 sedan, 60k damage and its a write off, maybe a blessing in disguise, it owed 95 and was worth 65 with 120klicks on it, and Audi are paying out the lease, 6 years i had that baby, what a machine, anyhow, after blowing 3/4 of a mill on cars in the last 10 years, its time to think of the future and have some fun, gotta be a jeep.....or an FJ cruiser.

Nice to meet you all.

syko

DLE068
28-08-12, 10:00 PM
Pre 2006 is the TJ. 2007 onwards are JK's. Don't buy the F@&ken Junk (FJ) stick with the Jeep there a better more capable truck.

reyzor
29-08-12, 12:37 PM
you say youre interested in a tj but worried about the room of a 2 door jk?

personally, and i may be bias here....but ive owned a tj renegade, and now have a 2 door jk.....

the tj is a fun truck, no nonsense, fun, capable,

the jk is more refined, bit of computer trickery to get used to, far more capable out of the box- esspecially if you buy the rubicon.......

if i had my choice of the 2, and i could put the same mods from my jk onto a tj, id take the tj........... but fitting 37's to one is alot more involved..........

building the car is where most of the fun is......ive recently rediscovered that....... opening a box of goodies, putting it on, testing it out etc...... watching a car get built would be my idea of watching a child grow.... jsut without the popy nappies....... there will still be tears and tantrums.... but probably your own.

Steven.Boyd
29-08-12, 12:43 PM
I agree i have a 97 TJ 2door and it is very capable with a small lift and good tyres. I am loving mine and have so much fun in it

It Depends on how much you are looking at but doing the mods your self or with help from some one is half the fun and you can learn a lot about you jeep

sykotoyRS4
29-08-12, 03:29 PM
Thanks fellas, just looking for some fun, something to put a longboard on from time to time, and maybe the odd sydney to byron trip, Im hoping i move up there at some point, a jeep would be great up there full time.

TRBN8R
05-09-12, 11:45 AM
it had the indian's head in the side's and the sticker saying wrangler ( indians head) Renegade

I never knew I was that famous that Jeep got my head on the stickers.... ;) ;) .......

Welcome to the forum mate.... Hope u find ur Jeep soon and have a lot of fun building it.....

Cheers

Mani

rainman
14-09-12, 08:47 AM
Just another thought,
A jeep that has had all the mods done/ goodies bolted on has prolly been wheeled.
now one mans wheeled is another mans abused/ flogged. Only you know where you are with that.
I went with a stocker that I am building up into what I want. However I do it all my self and working on the jeep is just as much my hobbie as driving it.
Will it be your daily drive or a week end weapon?
A fibreglass hard top could be handy for long trips/ winter.
Good luck with it.