PDA

View Full Version : Remotes not working

Percy
10-08-05, 09:51 PM
I've recently bought a XJ turbo diesel and when i purchased one of the remotes wasn't working and one was, but now both don't work. I,ve changed the batteries and cleaned out the insides, reset it and checked all the fuses still with no luck. does anyone have any answers for me on how to fix them?

Mildue
11-08-05, 04:38 PM
U cant really do anymore then what u have done to try n fix them.
We had a XJ and had the same problem with 1. All u can really do is take them to Jeep and get them to have a look at at them... If u have to replace them their not cheap and they have to be programmed.
When we were quoted for a new remote it was about $230 for the remote and then another $50 for programming... so use that as a rough figure... u will probably get quoted different.

Hope this helps :)

TWM153
29-01-07, 10:13 PM
We had a XJ and had the same problem with 1. All u can really do is take them to Jeep and get them to have a look at at them... If u have to replace them their not cheap and they have to be programmed.
When we were quoted for a new remote it was about $230 for the remote and then another $50 for programming... so use that as a rough figure... u will probably get quoted different.

Hi There
I saw a procedure for reprograming them somewhere, something to do with, unlocking the door with the key, turning on the iginition then to another position and firing the remote, etc etc, see if I can find it again and post it here
Cheers
Terry (newbie)

TWM153
29-01-07, 10:16 PM

Hi There
I saw a procedure for reprograming them somewhere, something to do with, unlocking the door with the key, turning on the iginition then to another position and firing the remote, etc etc, see if I can find it again and post it here
Cheers
Terry (newbie)

Try this it may be they need reprograming....
Good Luck
:?

Let us know how you get on

PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS JEEP 2 BUTTON REMOTES

Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed into the receiver at any given time.

All transmitters to be used on a vehicle must be programmed during this procedure.

(1) Open the driver?s door and leave it open during the programming process.

(2) Move the mechanical door lock lever on the driver?s door to the LOCK position.

(3) Insert the ignition key and turn it to the RUN position. (Do not start the vehicle.)

(4) After turning the ignition key to the Run position aim the transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Once the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock.

Move to Step 5 If you have more than one transmitter you are going to use with this vehicle. Move to Step 6 If only one Jeep remote is used.

(5) If additional transmitters are to be used on the vehicle each must be programmed during the programming sequence. (Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to a vehicle) To program additional transmitters: Return the mechanical door lock lever on the driver?s door to the LOCK position and aim the next transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Again when the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock. Repeat step 5 until all transmitters have been programmed.

(6) When all transmitters have been programmed to the receiver, the ignition must be turned off and back on within 20 seconds after programming the last transmitter. When this is done, only the transmitters that were programmed to the vehicle during this procedure will operate the locks.