PDA

View Full Version : Winchbreak pass

Dorzun
12-08-05, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking of going and having a play out there tommorow arvo for a few hours to acquaint myself with the TJ some more.

Anyone want to join me? if so call me by midday tommorow (041 044 0988) or shoot me a PM tonite and I'll call you.

Cheers,

Brad

sir_camel
12-08-05, 01:43 PM
I could be up for a play Brad. You got the cable on ya winch yet?

Dorzun
12-08-05, 02:09 PM
nah not yet, waiting for the funds for a new fairlead as all I got for it is the plasma rope and I ain't going to ruin it on what's there.

Which reminds me I'd better look for a cable.

sir_camel
12-08-05, 02:33 PM
So you not really planning on driving down the pass??

Dorzun
12-08-05, 02:55 PM
not sure.

I've put a call into wooders for a fairlead so if I can get it yes, if not no.

Was just planning to play around the top as until the post it was just going to be me. I need to do some basic stuff just to get a feel for it if that makes sense.

I realised that after doing trhe spanish steps dvd last night and that I should have had another go at the V. I know the rig is more than capable and I like to think I'm a pretty good driver but I need to build up my confidence bit by bit.

Shit it's hard having to learn how to drive all over again.

Dorzun
13-08-05, 09:05 AM
if anyone is jopining me then be at my place around 2.30 this arvo.

addy is Mount Street, Mount Colah

you won't miss the house, just look for the three jeeps.

sir_camel
13-08-05, 01:05 PM
sorry brad i am out. too much to do today. sorry mate

Wolfe
14-08-05, 01:51 PM
Sorry brad saw your post to late on sunday or i would have gone maybe another rtime are you going to appin ?
I think you were right to back out of the "V" no doubt theres plenty of other times to do it and beside you dont have to prove anything to anyone . I always think its wise to back off when it dont feel right