PDA

View Full Version : No TJ for a while :(

Ike
23-08-05, 08:42 PM
My tail shaft snapd at my yoke.
everything is ruined on it now..............
:(
Has this happnd to anyone before? or heard of it?

TIGGER
24-08-05, 12:02 PM
Not good dude, Thats why a SYE is recommended - i'd be considering an upgrade if i were you.

BenC
24-08-05, 03:09 PM
Rear tailshaft at the diff end or the transfer case end?

If it's the t/c end, then it's probably because you don't have a SYE, and yes it'll happen if you don't have one.

Ike
24-08-05, 05:47 PM
transfer case end.
my jeep isnt even raised should that still be a problem?

sir_camel
24-08-05, 09:58 PM
transfer case end.
my jeep isnt even raised should that still be a problem?

I saw a whole transfer case in 3 pieces due to it failing in the same spot yours did on a stock TJ. Where were you when it failed?? How were you driving?

Ike
24-08-05, 10:01 PM
just leaving a car park went over a speed slowly and then i heard a very loud bang.
prior to this happening i had a ticking noise and everyone kept telling me it was just my brakes.

Jaffas
28-08-05, 10:19 AM
just leaving a car park went over a speed slowly and then i heard a very loud bang.
prior to this happening i had a ticking noise and everyone kept telling me it was just my brakes.

Beware the "ticking noise"!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Ike
28-08-05, 05:38 PM
lol youve experienced it aswell??

Adz
28-08-05, 07:08 PM
well it would have happened anyway with your lift, i guess theres some good in it in terms that you'll up grade to a stronger one. Had to be done anyway.

never easy being apart from a TJ, i got rear ended TWICE so far... so i know the pain.

Ike
29-08-05, 06:48 AM
only problem is wen it snapd i think it caused damage in my transfer case, gota wait 4 this weekend to pull it apart n see what damage it has caused, then see all the bits n peices im goin to need to buy

howd that happen?[/quote]

Jaffas
05-09-05, 05:33 PM
lol youve experienced it aswell??

My prob was diffs/rear axles.. the dreading ticking noise was heard and I figured I better check it out. Glad I did, rear axle bearings were basically gone and had chewed through the axle, plus diff bearings not much better... lucky I caught it before diff went byebyes...

Ike
05-09-05, 05:39 PM
its not very fun. everyone kept tellin me it was just my brakes. now i know to chek things more thoroughly

im just shopping around now for SYE and shaft.
cant decide where to get them from

Jaffas
07-09-05, 09:35 AM
Ike, prob best to check out some of the sponsors of the club (as seen on the home page) or check out the sponsors/vendors of the ausjeep forum site.

TIGGER
07-09-05, 10:37 AM
IKE if you are on a budget snap up this one for sale
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56578

Ike
07-09-05, 04:53 PM
thank guys picked one up today from 4wd1 for $946

seems pretty good
just got to install and see how we go

TIGGER i think i saw you today on rocky point road?