PDA

View Full Version : Boat Harbour - BBQ on the beach - CANCELLED

Dorzun
24-08-05, 03:20 PM
Seeing as thought the trip calender is so bare I thought it would be a nice way to welcome in the warmer weather and have a day of relaxation picnicing on the beach and playing on the rocks.

Trip Leader - Brad Lawson 041 044 0988

Grade - D

Meeting Point - TBA

Please PM me with interest by Sept 8 as the day will not go ahead unless we have decent numbers or be moved to a venue on the north side.

FeD
24-08-05, 06:20 PM
oh this club trip sounds like fun.........

great trip for all the newer guys/GALS that havent been on any trips with us sjc guys and gals before.......us regular trippers are not that scary truly!

last trip to boat harbour was fun....... was like a photo shoot day with all you guys posing on the rocks....thats the cars posing, not the drivers......well a bit of both!

Was great just to hang out on the beach and relax and not have to worry about wheel stands :lol:

so come on guys and galz....... i will be disappointed to just see the regular same people turn up, and i do mean that in a nice way!

rach :wink:

DVL12H
24-08-05, 07:53 PM
us regular trippers are not that scary truly!

Well.... :?

haha

FeD
24-08-05, 08:21 PM

haha

i have nightmares about you dvlish....... u scare me alot!

Ike
24-08-05, 09:43 PM
sounds good, coming from a new comer.

u guys do seem a little scary at times.
i think us new comers wif little jeeps feel a little left out :(

hopefully my jeep is driveable by then

Cpage66
24-08-05, 10:00 PM
Mark us down for this one... :P

Dorzun
24-08-05, 10:48 PM
i think us new comers wif little jeeps feel a little left out :(

you shouldn't I've got both (big and small) and have as much fun regardless of which one I'm wheel'n.

wiz
25-08-05, 12:16 AM
I think Rach has already put us down for this one :D ...
+ it'll be good to see some new faces :D

i'm not sure that my TJ has enough room to drag along the BBQ as the Esky takes up a bit of space :wink:

Also put down Joey(xj) & Frankie(60) ... I'll get Frankie to bring the BBQ if we need one 8)

Ike
25-08-05, 06:58 AM
what would i need to bring along?

my uncle will b coming also he is interestd in signing up, as am i.
he has just recently bought a tj aswell

TIGGER
25-08-05, 07:38 AM
Sounds good guys, i'll drop by being so close and all. 8)

Jetty
25-08-05, 07:56 AM
It sounds fun. Count me in. Another close to home trip.

overlander
25-08-05, 08:04 AM
i should be able to make it if I got the overheating thing sorted by then :) ...

sir_camel
25-08-05, 02:40 PM
damn i got a wedding on this day. oh well. next time

DVL12H
25-08-05, 05:28 PM

haha

i have nightmares about you dvlish....... u scare me alot!

yeah I do that alot... helps in my line of work..... if only people new the truth :oops:

hehe :D

Wooders
25-08-05, 09:18 PM
Dunno what jeep yet - but put me down for this one definately.....hmmmm foooood :twisted:

Wolfe
25-08-05, 10:41 PM
count me in i might even be able to convince the whole clan for a day at the beach ...... beverly hillbillies style that is! (now that is scary the whole gray family in one place, I might not even come)

Antz
26-08-05, 12:46 AM
This would be the perfect trip for the club trailer,BBQ and marquee.

If we had them :roll:

Hunter
26-08-05, 12:09 PM
Count me in please~~~ :D

Steve F
26-08-05, 05:11 PM
I'm interested in this one as well :)

Cheers
Steve

Wolfe
26-08-05, 08:55 PM
This would be the perfect trip for the club trailer,BBQ and marquee.

If we had them :roll:

Sounds like an agm agenda item

FeD
26-08-05, 09:09 PM

yourself and any other persons......... im sure closer to the date we will sort out who is bringing what.......

you should never think you will be holding a group up if you are deciding on doing a trip.......Main thing obviously is to choose trips that are graded to your car and you will be surprised what a jeep can do...... this could vary ie: if you have never driven the track before, but all you have to do is ask the advice of the trip leader beforehand.

Wiz and i started as same you, we were plain stock..... i remember going on our first trip, which was a Menai Cleanup......we were cringing at every obstacle ...well me mainly!........but we gave it a go, which i am sure you did and enjoyed at the last cleanup you were on.....the next new trip was the watagans and you will be surprised what a stock tj can do, we kept up with those bigger cars :lol:

driving your car stock is the best experience you can have in a 4wd....you get to know ur car and know how far you can push it.......

you dont have to be scared of some of us sjc guys.........we are always there for each other on trips, with tips and advice etc....

see you on the tracks! rach :wink:

Cpage66
27-08-05, 08:45 AM

you dont have to be scared of some of us sjc guys.........we are always there for each other on trips, with tips and advice etc....

see you on the tracks! rach :wink:

One of the main reasons I enjoy this club so much and the outings we go on!

Ike
27-08-05, 11:30 AM
hehe thanks.
i should be there, if my car isnt up n running by then i might just have to come withn a mates car or something.

can i sign up as a member on a day trip?

Tropey
30-08-05, 02:26 PM
sounds good to me from another sjc newbie... Where exactly is it? What times roughly???

TIGGER
30-08-05, 04:23 PM
Boat Harbour is out at Kurnell, just off Captain Cook Drive.

Probably best to meet at the "Volume Plus" servo on captain cook drive where we met last time.

It's also worth noting that there is a $15 charge at the gate.

wiz
08-09-05, 12:30 PM
do we still need a BBQ :?

and can we please get a confirmation on meeting point & time :D

Jetty
08-09-05, 07:26 PM
Maybe we wait till we have the actual numbers attending so it will be worthwhile bringing the barbie. Although I love to have a barbie on the beach.
Maybe we can assign to someone to buy meat, ingredients and bread and we just pay them. So prepare at least $15 entry fee and $5+ for bbq. Drinks BYO.

Just a suggestion but I don't really know how to prepare a bbq.
:D

Ike
08-09-05, 08:45 PM
count me in along with another jeep!

Wolfe
09-09-05, 12:34 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/image/896/boat_harbour_map.gif

Dorzun
09-09-05, 12:13 PM
To cut and paste from Tigger's post...

Probably best to meet at the "Volume Plus" servo on captain cook drive where we met last time. Time, say 10.30AM for 10.45 departure

Heather (being the one with the brain in the family) just said chooks and salad so we don't have to worry bout trudging a BBQ and gas bottle around. And as we know there's all way's no show's or extra's so will leave food up to the individual. There's always the Xmas party to pull the BBQ out for anyway's

Remember that there is a $15 charge at the gate as well.

Dorzun
09-09-05, 12:14 PM
o'h and can whomever is coming shoot me a PM so I know. I'm too lazy to read the post's :lol:

Dorzun
14-09-05, 12:00 PM
There seems to be some confusion on the food side of things.

It is going to be BYO food and bevvies.

I have not had enough responses PM'd to know exactley who is and isn't going and this will be easier.

TIGGER
14-09-05, 12:18 PM
Don't wait for me - looks like i might be out of town on saturday. :?

Dorzun
14-09-05, 02:22 PM
Was just told it is supposed to rain this weekend.

If that is the case then the trip will be outing will be postponed but am thinking of menai as the option.

ann
14-09-05, 02:39 PM
Are you scared of the rain Brad? :mrgreen:

Problem with Menai is, it tends to get ripped up in the rain :?

sir_camel
14-09-05, 04:03 PM
Are you scared of the rain Brad? :mrgreen:

Problem with Menai is, it tends to get ripped up in the rain :?
What she said

Dorzun
14-09-05, 04:36 PM
No I like the rain, even better getting oiled up and I'll stop there thought I was on another board, but I'm not sure how many people will like to sit around in it on a beach.

Fair call on Menai in the wet but from what I can envisage rain is forecast on the day and if that's the case, like any other place on earth I don't think it'd be that wet that we'd be ripping the place to shreds.

and it was just a thought at this point. But if it does that means the "other" planned trip for the evening won't happen either.

wiz
15-09-05, 12:21 AM
Actually the forecast i heard was for rain on the Friday & then fine on the w/end ...
but how accurate are those meteorologists anyways :roll:

does that means the "other" planned trip for the evening won't happen either.
according to who :wink:

harv_the
15-09-05, 07:19 AM
another newbie, keen on trying his new lockers...

so it will be 10.30 Volume Plus servo on captain cook drive ?
anybody camping on friday / saturday / got some good tips for a campsite?

Dorzun
16-09-05, 10:51 AM
OK, I need those who are coming to PM me there mobile #'s in case I have to call to let you know if the trip is off or not in the morning.

The reason is that it's over an hour drive for me to get there and I'm not going to do that to just let people know it's not happening.

As said, if it's raining when I wake up or looks like rain the trip will be postponed and if I don't have your number, you may be sitting at the servo all day waiting for me.

ann
16-09-05, 02:49 PM
Precis for Friday Max

Sydney: Rain developing in afternoon. 16
Liverpool: Rain developing in afternoon. 16
Penrith: Rain developing in afternoon. 16
Richmond: Rain developing in afternoon. 16
UV Index: 5 [Moderate] decreasing to 3 [Moderate] under cloud.

For Saturday

Early rain clearing, then fine and mainly sunny. Fresh to strong W/SW
winds.

Precis For Saturday Min Max

Sydney: Windy. Early rain clearing. 11 20
Liverpool: Windy. Early rain clearing. 7 20
Penrith: Windy. Early rain clearing. 9 20
Richmond: Windy. Early rain clearing. 7 20

Hunter
16-09-05, 05:03 PM
I will be same as Brad, won't be there if it's rainning. :wink:

Dorzun