PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Steps/Newnes Reccie - Oct 15/16 POSTPONED

Dorzun
24-08-05, 03:56 PM
Due to carnage from the Willowglen Comp this trip is being postponed until further notice

Trip leader - Brad Lawson 041 044 0988
Grade A - C+
Meeting Points - TBA'd

The trip will be an overnighter to scope out the area for tracks and trails we may not be aware of.

The trip will take in the Spanish Steps trail and WILL NOT be suitable for stock or slightly modified vehicles due to the 'exploring? aspect of the trip. Basically, I have no idea exactley where we will end up and as such need to ensure the rigs are capable of getting themselves and/or others out.

Vehicle numbers will be limited to a maximum of six (6) vehicles. All attending must have the appropriate recovery points, gear etc.

The only problem is that I have just found out I have a prior commitment on the saturday morning so it will be a mid arvo departure. This means we may do a bit of night driving as well.

Please PM me if you are interested in attending and I'll get back to you.

Dorzun
13-09-05, 04:29 PM
At this point I have only had one response so this trip may be cancelled due to lack of interest.

Jeff
13-09-05, 09:48 PM
Interested, but not too sure of my availability this weekend. Still thinking of running it?

Dorzun
14-09-05, 11:58 AM
Yep, but I am going to change it slightly.

Will edit post when I have time.

CJBurnsEsq
27-09-05, 02:51 PM
Still happening?
I'm keen.
CJ

BenC
28-09-05, 10:52 AM
I'm keen, probably will stay at the motel though, as I can't really carry any gear in my rig anymore.

Should have most of my issues sorted out by then and be in full Nissan trials practice swing ;)

Dorzun
28-09-05, 01:35 PM
Trip is still on. I did put an update post up but it's not stuck for some reason.

Don't have time to do an update right now but will do so over the next day or two.

Ben, it'll be highly likely that heather will come along and if so we'll be taking the KJ as well so we'll have room to throw some of your gear in and I'm sure CJ could help out as he'll be going up earlier in the day to set up camp and have a play with himself.

Umm, let me rephrase that.

CJ will head up early to set up camp and a possible wander around the trails.

BenC
28-09-05, 02:46 PM
Sweet 8)

Jeff
28-09-05, 06:44 PM
So is this a full weekend trip? May make it up for the Sunday...

Dorzun
28-09-05, 08:09 PM
Up to you Jeffy,

By the time I get there I'd say it'd be around 3.30, 4 by the time we get to the steps. which means twilight drive. Up early sun morning form more play and home for late arvo sun is my plan, but hey like you my trips can turn into a Bold and the Beautiful episode too. :wink: :D 8O :D :D :D :D

Dorzun
04-10-05, 03:23 PM
I may have to cancell this trip due to breakages at Willowglen this past weekend.

I am trying to source parts this week and it's not looking good. Will post an update in a few days on the state of play.

Jaffas
04-10-05, 09:51 PM
I may have to cancell this trip due to breakages at Willowglen this past weekend.

I am trying to source parts this week and it's not looking good. Will post an update in a few days on the state of play.

If the trip is cancelled, that is OK... I now have a work thing to attend on the sat in Newcastle, so it would have been a choice between the 2... but yeah, I will probably be unavailable now. Sorry