PDA

View Full Version : Rego Inspection

Bear
28-09-12, 11:13 AM
My '07 JK Wrangler is up for rego in the first week of October. The rego papers arrived proclaiming "inspection reqd".

I was very apprehensive when I booked the car in to be inspected, after all the discussion about "mods" and the need for engineering certificates which I don't have.

The guy did the usual lights, horn, brakes etc., after the brake test he came into the office and got a tape rule, then commenced to take measurements all round the car. He was particularly interested in the height of the centre of the head lights. All good !!, passed no problems.

Apparently my 2 inch suspension lift and 33 inch tyres fall within the parameters set by the RMS.

glend
28-09-12, 11:26 AM
I had a similiar experience Bear. My 2007 KJ CRD was up for it's first inspection recently. I took it to the local Ultratune shop at Morisset and was a little worried. It took all of two minutes and he looked at nothing (despite my 3" lift and larger than standard tyres). Seems they don't test drive them anymore, other than running it onto the shop bay to test the braking. I guess with the number of monster trucks running around up here it didn't raise an eyebrow, or maybe an old guy with a slightly out of spec Jeep isn't going to get hassled.