PDA

View Full Version : I signed up to be a club member today.. Hi !

georgesadlik
15-11-12, 08:49 PM
Hey all,

I signed up to be a club member today via the paypal system:eagerness:. What happens next ?

I have a Jeep too.

JKU Rubicon 2012 - Crush

Cheers
George.

Steven.Boyd
15-11-12, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the club.

Keep an eye on the trip section of this forum and come along on a trip

We are having a Christmas party on the 2nd December. Be a good chance to come along and meet the club members.

rupicon
15-11-12, 09:05 PM
welcome to sjc :single_eye:

Wolfe
15-11-12, 09:24 PM
Hi, keep an eye out for the next meeting and come along and introduce yourself :)

georgesadlik
15-11-12, 09:43 PM
Cheers fellas, will try to come to a meeting, time permitting. Are they ever over on the Nth side of the harbour ? Otherwise looking forward to coming out for a drive and sharing my build with all of ya'll. Cheers George.

ick72
15-11-12, 10:04 PM
Welcome and you brought the best colour too .

Maggie
15-11-12, 11:11 PM
Hey all,

I signed up to be a club member today via the paypal system:eagerness:. What happens next ?

I have a Jeep too.

JKU Rubicon 2012 - Crush

Cheers
George.

Hi George,
As soon as we receive notification from Paypal, your status will change from visitor to Club Member, you will have access to Club Matters and you will receive an acknowledging letter from the committee.
Maggie.

Paul-JK
16-11-12, 08:17 AM
Hey George,

Welcome to the club. We've definitely got to go and get that JK dirty soon.......after all, really, where's the fun in working on a clean truck? It's just not the same if you don't get a face full Zig Zag mud and dust every time you move something!

Paul

georgesadlik
16-11-12, 11:18 AM
Paul, you know i have a bit of work left to do before i 'go hard' with the JK :pirate: But then we'll play. The reason i signed up is because of your prompt and the fact i can meet like minded nutters in here.

Cheers

George.

georgesadlik
16-11-12, 12:29 PM
Hi George,
As soon as we receive notification from Paypal, your status will change from visitor to Club Member, you will have access to Club Matters and you will receive an acknowledging letter from the committee.
Maggie.

Thanks Maggie :eagerness:

reyzor
16-11-12, 04:00 PM
welcome mate.......

shefy
16-11-12, 05:31 PM
A warm welcome from another new club member and a fellow northern beaches resident

redrubi
16-11-12, 07:52 PM
G-Day George,

WELCOME

You got a Rubicon! So not too much to do!! But as you so kindly call us, we are all JEEP NUTS so I'm sure the long list of suggested "mods" will be compiled when you meet us all!!

Cheers

Andy:pirate:

georgesadlik
16-11-12, 07:53 PM
Thanks again.

I'll share some about my Jk.
It's a 2012 JKU Rubicon purchased in Jan this year. Colour is Crush and it was delivered from the dealer with 285/70R17 BFG KM2's / U-Connect / Tinted windows and Mopar slush mats.
It's been out for a few mild runs but nothing tougher than your standard fire trails or a trip down to the bush for a weekend. Hardtop is off now for the summer. Softy is on.
I have added the following things to it:

LOD Front mid width bumper
LOD rear stubby bumper with trail rack and jerry holders
Warn Powerplant HP with SK75 winch line and safety thimble
EVO Rock Skins.

A list of things sitting in the shed or on a ship waiting to be installed:
Rock Hard Sports Cage
EVO Rock sliders
D44 EVO axle tubes and C Gussets
EVO Rock Stars - Rear lower shock mounts
Teraflex 4" LCG long Arm with Elka shocks
Hutchinson Rockmonster Beadlocks - Black
BFG KM2 - 37"
ICOM Pro400 UHF
Spiderweb shade

Still need to order:
5.13 Gears
1350 Drive shafts front & rear
Tie rod and High steer kit
Diff covers

That should see me setup quite well for the 37's and i know it won't end there either but it's a good start. I've come over from owning a Land Rover Discovery for many years that was heavily modified but it got to point where it was not worth taking it any further and besides that i found myself lurking more on the Jeep forums than the LR ones so figured it was time to just do it and by a JK. so...
I BOUGHT A JEEP :excitement:
Thanks again for the warm welcome and i'll be sure to keep you guys up to date with the advancements of my build. I also have a page on facebook called 'jk source' so if you're on there and want to see what i'm up to, swing by and say g'day :encouragement:. Like the page to stay in touch.
I'll try to show up at some of the meets and i'll be the dude waving at you from an orange JK.
Cheers
George.

redrubi
16-11-12, 08:15 PM
Come on George!!!

PHOTOS please in Members Rigs

Cheers

Andy:pirate:

rupicon
16-11-12, 08:58 PM
Yeh showem if u gotem

georgesadlik
16-11-12, 09:12 PM
I've got a stack of photos on my facebook page JK Source so you can see the build there. I'll also over the next week or so get it together to start a thread in members rides as well. Stay tuned.
Here is the topless backside shot to wet your lips ;D
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/georgesadlik/topless.jpg

Dieselcon
16-11-12, 09:30 PM
The reason i signed up .............i can meet like minded nutters in here.

Cheers

George.

VERY TRUE....

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

HAVE YOU HAD Much experience 4wding... Looking at your list of mods it appears to be a yes :)

cheers

Jose

georgesadlik
16-11-12, 09:47 PM
Hey Jose, i've had few drives out and about. I prefer to stay away from mud and find the rocks better to drive on, although less forgiving to those who are careless. I had the Disco for a good 9yrs and hit plenty of tracks with that, but always was looking for more. I'm not about proving who's truck is better as i can't afford to be like that nor can anyone else i think? I just like going for a drive.. As i'm waiting for bits to arrive by boat etc i will then need to get them installed before i hit any A grade tracks, but the intention is to have it ready for a drive by end of Jan 2013. Once the bits are all here i'll book the work in with someone (? yet to be decided) take a week off work to film and document it all for my blog/website and then would love to come out for a run with the SJC. In the meantime i'll try to get to one of the meets or toolbox meets to say g'day.. :eagerness: Cheers George

redrubi
17-11-12, 07:25 PM
A THING OF BEAUTY!!:applause:

up2nogood
17-11-12, 08:12 PM
I'm going to be the stick in the mud...... Be careful with 37's. It's not able to be legally registered with them, and it will drive like a boat.

Otherwise, sounds great!!

georgesadlik
17-11-12, 09:52 PM
Thanks. Can't wait to go driving with you guys.

Cheers George.

Hunno
18-11-12, 12:23 AM
I'm going to be the stick in the mud...... Be careful with 37's. It's not able to be legally registered with them, and it will drive like a boat.

Otherwise, sounds great!!

Not so sure about that any more, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

SKIZZI
18-11-12, 03:58 PM
what do you mean drive like a boat? lol

i dont even bother with front or rear swaybars any more

37s are fine

welcome george, nice rig. LOVE the orange

up2nogood
18-11-12, 08:39 PM
You're just lucky, Greg!

Just messing with ya, look forward to seeing it out on the tracks!

georgesadlik
18-11-12, 10:58 PM
Haha LOL. Yeah i'm sure the 37's will be fine.
Cheers
George

reyzor
19-11-12, 08:38 AM
37's made mine drive like a race car.......

AV8
19-11-12, 09:28 AM
Sounds like 37's are the way to go. I think I'll stick 37's on the WJ as well !!:drunk:

Hunno
19-11-12, 10:11 AM
Sounds like 37's are the way to go. I think I'll stick 37's on the WJ as well !!:drunk:

Good luck with that one Sal.

reyzor
19-11-12, 10:54 AM

i know a guy selling 4 37's really cheap ;)

georgesadlik
19-11-12, 02:50 PM
37's made mine drive like a race car.......

Even better than it did before, no doubt...

Miraz
19-11-12, 03:15 PM
Not so sure about that any more, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Passed!

Now engineered for 37's and a GVM of 3.3 tons...

Hunno
19-11-12, 03:38 PM
Passed!

This is a big door you've just opened.

AV8
19-11-12, 04:03 PM
:eagerness:

georgesadlik
19-11-12, 04:57 PM
Passed!

Great looking JK you have there mate. Any feedback on the ORI struts yet, also what was the reasoning for these over coilovers ?

Cheers George

Miraz
19-11-12, 06:06 PM
Great looking JK you have there mate. Any feedback on the ORI struts yet, also what was the reasoning for these over coilovers ?

Stability...the ORI struts were awesome offroad, unfortunately the diesel with all the steel work on it is a little too heavy for them and it wouldn't pass the high speed lane change test on them...so I'm running 2.5" King Coilovers at the moment.