PDA

View Full Version : Glow Plug problems, 06 Cherokee 2.8CRD

onewing
28-11-12, 12:23 PM
Hi can anyone help with advice on what's what with putting new Glow Plugs in my Jeep. I believe that the 7v plugs are no longer available and have to be replaced with 5v plus the relay has to be change also. Is this right? Dos any other things need to be adjusted eg: ECU or what ever.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers. Ian

glend
28-11-12, 11:08 PM
Many people are switching to the new Etecno plugs which are straight drop in and no replacement of the module is required, in fact they can be mixed with the stock plugs as well. Go to their website and scan the Jeep application list for your plugs, and remember they are called Jeep Libertys on that list.

http://www.etecno1.it/application.php?carmaker=JEEP

Often you can find them on ebay but if you email Etecno you can buy direct from them. I have run their plugs for over a year, and was part of the pre=production trial and can say they are a good product. These are tungsten plugs and not ceramic like the stock ones (which have been know to break off and fall into the cylinder).

onewing
29-11-12, 08:42 AM
Thankyou glend for that information I'll look them up, sounds alot better then changing to the 5v plug and all the crap you go through there. Cheers