PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment help

SKIZZI
02-12-12, 03:07 PM
Ok today I replaced my bent tie rod with a synergy one. Taking it in tomorrow for a wheel alignment. Anyone in the know of how much toe-in a lifted jku with 37s should be running. Or should I trust the apprentice to know what it should have. From memory the factory specs are n/a for me.

Miraz
02-12-12, 04:02 PM
Between 0.5 and 1 degree

georgesadlik
02-12-12, 09:51 PM
0.5-1.0 sounds about right to me as well. The rule of thumb is that Neg toe (toe out - pointing outwards) will generally give more turn in (oversteer) and push on the way out. While Pos toe (toe in - pointing inwards) will generally push on turn in and oversteer on the way out of a corner. To settle the 'effect' of steering Toe in generally preffered as a starting point. You could always go to 0' Deg Toe or less for a more responsive turn in, if needed or what ever suits your needs. I'd start at about 0.5 - 1.0. I've always set it myself with wheels off and measuring in a plane from front of discs and comapring to the distance at the rear of discs. Every 10mm is a deg of angle, or is it every 1mm ? can't remember, need to check it again on the interwebs. It's been a while...

SKIZZI
03-12-12, 01:27 AM
Thanks guys. All done. Used the old tape measure and chalk. No need for wheel alignment. Drives perfect :)