PDA

View Full Version : brakes

kaid
06-12-12, 02:00 PM
Hy guys
got a cherokee 2.8 diesel 2005. When it gets hot all four brakes bind causing motor to over heat. Had cylinder and master cylinder over haul to no avail electronics seem ok but can't find the cause of the problem. Experts and jeep australia have no solution. If anybody out there has an answer i'd love to here form you.

Hunno
06-12-12, 04:55 PM
Abs fault? If it was mine I would pull the fuse to the abs pump & see how that goes.

ick72
06-12-12, 06:44 PM
What pads are you running as I had a mechanic once use cheap pads in a volkswagen I owned and they would stick but not sure if this could or would happen in newer cars or jeeps

kaid
07-12-12, 12:18 PM
abs fault? If it was mine i would pull the fuse to the abs pump & see how that goes.
thanks hunno will give it a try and let you know

kaid
08-12-12, 02:18 PM
Abs fault? If it was mine I would pull the fuse to the abs pump & see how that goes.
no luck with pulling the fuse. local mechanic claims that there's no free play in brake peddle that is causing the problem but there is no adjustment to back it off and will know have to go to the booster????http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/images/icons/icon8.png

stevet
10-12-12, 11:02 PM
Brake piston's sticking slightly open?? Had a stuck one on the TJ awhile back.....I glowed in the dark..:smile-new:.........