PDA

View Full Version : Jeep

dougg
01-02-13, 04:05 PM
Hi Jeepers,

I am new in the forum and want your suggestion. I am looking to buy a used Jeep. Can you guys suggest me few models with advantages and Disadvantages of each? Also, what are the main things to look when going for a purchase?

Cheers :encouragement:

Hunno
01-02-13, 05:32 PM
G'day,
that's kind of like asking which colour M&M is the best?

it's a personal choice.

First you need to work out what you want to do with it

like~

How many people do you want to carry?
Do you want hard or soft top?
Hard core off road, freeway cruiser or some where in between.
total budget( purchase price +repairs)
any modifications you want to do can be budgeted later or if you want it done straight away needs to be included in to you budget.
long or short wheel base.

From there we can start to help some more

reyzor
02-02-13, 01:02 PM
What he said.

And the blue ones are the best hunno

SteveC
02-02-13, 02:38 PM
What he said.

Thats funny. I was only going through a Jambo pack the other day and asked myself Is there a flavour difference ...

Hunno
02-02-13, 05:05 PM

Nar, Orange ones are!!!

redrubi
02-02-13, 08:56 PM
Same food colourings = same hyperactivity!!

Wooders
03-02-13, 07:11 AM
Same food colourings = same hyperactivity!!

Yeah good ain't it :) :)

TRBN8R
03-02-13, 02:07 PM
Hi Jeepers,

I am new in the forum and want your suggestion. I am looking to buy a used Jeep. Can you guys suggest me few models with advantages and Disadvantages of each? Also, what are the main things to look when going for a purchase?

Cheers :encouragement:

Hi mate,

Is it going to be your main car or a weekend toy?

How many kids u got if any. and do they go they go 4wding with you or not?

You like touring or Hardcore 4wding?

Are you gonna tow a caravan/trailer/boat. If yes what weight?

U need a lot of storage space or a little bit will do?

What is your budget including mods to start with?

What is your preference comfort or capability?

What does you partner think?

Some info here and we can tell you what choices u have and the pros and cons of each. Better still pop in at the meeting coming Wednesday after work preferably before the start time and have a look at different Jeeps and chat to the owners...... We are more than willing to help...... We have people who started with a $2000 car and people who have spent close to 40 times that on their Jeeps ans everything in between.......

Cheers

Mani

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

redrubi
03-02-13, 07:43 PM
Hey Dave! I'm not complaining, cause it helps me off-road!!!

AV8
04-02-13, 06:44 PM
Hi Dougg,

You sound like me : confused, unsure, hypnotized . ;)

You also want it for FUN and daily drives. Firstly, Jeeps are dangerous and highly infectious. Even more dangerous when you want to use it for fun. You'll come across mantras like " Built not Bought " , "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand", " Help Hunno, He's into Jeeps" ... :) Etc.. So have a careful think about what you REALLY want to do with it because that will save you heaps for the aftermarket stuff that you WILL want after being infected. You mightn't need them, but you'll want them.

Some after market to budget for:
Lockers
Tires
Lift
Bars
Lights
Winch/es
Radio
iPad Mini
Etc

Why not come along to the meeting this week and talk to a few people. Give yourself some time for it all to sink in before buying one. Try to get a ride on one and go out for a trip even, there are a few coming up.

TRBN8R
04-02-13, 07:46 PM
Hi Dougg,

You sound like me : confused, unsure, hypnotized . ;)

You also want it for FUN and daily drives. Firstly, Jeeps are dangerous and highly infectious. Even more dangerous when you want to use it for fun. You'll come across mantras like " Built not Bought " , "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand", " Help Hunno, He's into Jeeps" ... :) Etc.. So have a careful think about what you REALLY want to do with it because that will save you heaps for the aftermarket stuff that you WILL want after being infected. You mightn't need them, but you'll want them.

Some after market to budget for:
Lockers
Tires
Lift
Bars
Lights
Winch/es
Radio
iPad Mini
Etc

Why not come along to the meeting this week and talk to a few people. Give yourself some time for it all to sink in before buying one. Try to get a ride on one and go out for a trip even, there are a few coming up.

What he said pop over to the to the meeting this wednesday.
Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

rupicon
04-02-13, 09:54 PM
u need a cj8 scrambler with 6Lchev dana60's 44"boggers etc etc.
just saying.

Hunno
04-02-13, 10:01 PM
just saying.
Just saying "Nice Choice"!!!!!

AV8
04-02-13, 10:54 PM
Now you're scaring 'em.:pirate:

Don't be afraid, be VERY afraid !

Wolfe
05-02-13, 10:40 AM
just saying.

Isn't that just starting point?

AV8
05-02-13, 06:51 PM
A Grand (http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122622&referrerid=21085) Grand FSBO. O0