PDA

View Full Version : Off Road 4x4 Clubkhana March 11 - 12 2006

ann
04-10-05, 11:39 AM
The club has received details of this event. It is similar to a J5/Blackrat style event to give members of clubs who would not normally compete in their trucks a chance experience that sort of competition whilst not putting their rigs on the line. Event will be held at TLCC property at Tarago.

"The Off Road Club has recognised the fact that there are many of you out there that have a love for 4WDing but who also possess a competitive spirit. We go along to the likes of the Nissan Trials and the Willowglen Challenge and think, ?I reckon I could do that? or ? my vehicle could have got through that? however at the same time thinking ?no way would I would do that with my car though?

The Off Road Clubkhana is designed to give you a chance to compete without damaging your vehicle."

Classes are as follows:

Standard Class
? Standard factory size tyres
? No body lift
? No suspension lift
? Standard engine
? Standard gearbox
? Standard transfer case
? Single CD player only (maximum 4 speaker system)
Touring Class
? 33? tyres maximum
? 2? body lift
? 2? suspension lift
? Standard engine
? Standard gearbox
? Standard transfer case ( no gear reduction allowed)
? Open diffs only (factory LSD permitted)
? 10 stacker CD allowed( 6 speakers + sub box)
? Fluffy dice or dancing Elvis only permitted in this class

Open Class
? 35? tyres maximum
? 3? body lift
? 3? suspension lift
? Non standard engine
? Gear box modifications allowed
? Rock Hopper gearing allowed
? Diff locks allowed
? Approved roll cage/ bar to be fitted to all soft top vehicles
? Tyres must be inside guard and covered by flares
? Sub woofer & DVD players & loud music while driving the courses

I have entry forms and more details. Send me a line if your interested :)

Dorzun
04-10-05, 01:03 PM
I am.

PM on way.

Steve F
04-10-05, 01:46 PM
Anyone know how strict they are with lift heights etc, to fit 31's on the XJ I have a 4" lift. That alone would put me in the open class which just isn't going to happen. Maybe since I cant have a body lift on the XJ the combined lift of 4" would be OK? Right now I'm kinda interested :)

Cheers
Steve

ann
04-10-05, 02:21 PM
Anyone know how strict they are with lift heights etc, to fit 31's on the XJ I have a 4" lift. That alone would put me in the open class which just isn't going to happen. Maybe since I cant have a body lift on the XJ the combined lift of 4" would be OK? Right now I'm kinda interested :)

Cheers
Steve

I dont think that would be a major drama. I mean its not like your trying to squeese into standard ;)

I'll find out and let you know details :)

Steve F
04-10-05, 03:15 PM
Well if they'll take me in the Touring class then I'm in :) PM sent.

Cheers
Steve

TIGGER
04-10-05, 03:29 PM
I'm interested. If this is anything like blackrat then it should be good.

Tropey
04-10-05, 04:01 PM
ann, do you actually know how strict they are on height? I have a total of 5" lift in my tj, but would really only go into the touring class. If I can go in that class... then definatelly count me in. Can you please let me know. Thanks.

Steve F
04-10-05, 04:08 PM
ann, do you actually know how strict they are on height? I have a total of 5" lift in my tj, but would really only go into the touring class. If I can go in that class... then definatelly count me in. Can you please let me know. Thanks.

LOL, Read a few posts up :)

Cheers
Steve

TIGGER
04-10-05, 04:17 PM
I would say that they are more interested in tyre size than lift. Tropey if you are on 35's then i'd say there is no chance

Tropey
04-10-05, 05:01 PM
Tigger thanks for the note buddy... i'm on 33's. So in that case... count me in for the tourer class then.

Adz
04-10-05, 10:47 PM
very interested

Cpage66
04-10-05, 10:48 PM
I might be interested in this also...

DVL12H
04-10-05, 10:51 PM
I am interested in the touring class....

what does the stereo equipment have to do with it?

Adz
04-10-05, 11:15 PM
I'm interested in the touring class, but i have bloody diff lockers

ann
05-10-05, 08:41 AM
Steve and others,

I have received confirmation this morning that you would run in touring class.

"If he is running 31" & total lift is 4", he will be in the "Touring" class & not up against 35" tyres which are "Open" class.

The total lift is only 4" which keeps him in "Touring" class (2" body/2" suspension). If his total lift was 5", then he would go to "Open" class ( 3" body/ 3" suspension)."

Also answers the question on 5". Anything more than 4" you are in open.

I will be taking entry forms to the meeting tonight if anyone is interested. :)

Cpage66
05-10-05, 09:15 AM
Ann,
Not to be a pain, but can you find out about quick disconnects? 2" lift, 31" tyres and QDs, will they laugh if I show up for Touring class? Would they let me in if I left them connected or can I use them?

Steve F
05-10-05, 09:22 AM
Ann,
Not to be a pain, but can you find out about quick disconnects? 2" lift, 31" tyres and QDs, will they laugh if I show up for Touring class? Would they let me in if I left them connected or can I use them?

I'd imagine the QD might be the only problem but what about Pajeros, Prados and Discoverys etc etc, or any modern vehicle with traction control. A lot of those guys would run in the standard class I'd imagine!!! Quick disconnects shouldn't be a problem though, I certainly wont have my front swaybar connected.

Come on Chris, just get that form in, I really dont think they'll put you in the Open Class and from how I've seen it go I think it would perform well in the touring class :)

Cheers
Steve

ann
05-10-05, 09:23 AM
Ann,

Hi Chris,

Quick disconnects are no issue :) 2" lift and 31" your in touring :)

Remeber the fluffy dice and wiggling Elvis :)

BenC
05-10-05, 10:17 AM
I am.

PM on way.

Your tyres are too big :lol:

I'd be interested in navving for someone, as my tyres are also too big (by HEAPS) :oops:

Dorzun
05-10-05, 10:24 AM
Was thinking bout the KJ or even the CJ if I still have it.

I only run 35's so why would my tires be too big.

Dorzun
05-10-05, 10:25 AM
Actually, I should step back and allow some of the other guy's a chance to get some taste for it.

Chris, can I nav for ya?

ann
05-10-05, 10:30 AM
We dont have a car limit for this one so the more jeeps we can get in the better. If its anything like Blackrat or J5 its going to be awsome :D

TIGGER
05-10-05, 10:30 AM

If they are air lockers i'm sure you could get away with just not using them.

BenC
05-10-05, 10:48 AM
Was thinking bout the KJ or even the CJ if I still have it.

I only run 35's so why would my tires be too big.

Ah ok I thought your Simex's were 36"

Steve F
05-10-05, 11:09 AM
Chris, can I nav for ya?

Are you allowed a nav (I've got a volunteer if allowed), I've had a quick look at the forms and there is nowhere to put down thier details etc, or maybe they just sign an indemnity form and thats it?

Did they mention anything about it to you Ann?

I was also talking to one of the TLCC guys and they're not doing recoveries for the event as it isn't expected any will be needed :)

Cheers
Steve

BenC
05-10-05, 11:20 AM
Might be a lot of funkhana stuff, like some of the stuff at J5.. That's heaps fun 8)

Adz
06-10-05, 07:43 PM
Can I get one of those forms sent to me in the snail mail?

DVL12H
06-10-05, 10:03 PM
yes can i have an entry form aswell... by the time this comp comes round i would be in the touring class...

r they snail mail or email??

sir_camel
06-10-05, 11:24 PM
You can just pull the fuses for the Airlockers or something to do it without. Or try OPEN class.

ann
07-10-05, 10:44 AM
Anyone that wants entry forms emailed please pm your best address and ill get it straight through :)

Wolfe
07-10-05, 07:08 PM
So how many in open? If I can get my Act together Id be interested in open.

Steve F
07-10-05, 08:23 PM

Why not give open a go?. They're not expecting vehicle damage and the tracks will just be based on the vehicles expected capabilites. If I had lockers and 33's I'd be going for open and use my lockers :)

Cheers
Steve

Adz
07-10-05, 09:27 PM
don't want to embarrass SJC by coming last now do I :oops: :oops:

Jaffas
09-10-05, 11:24 AM
I would certainly be interested in coming along for the weekend... sounds like it will be good...

Adz
11-10-05, 07:10 PM
Do we get a navigator or spotter???

Dorzun
11-10-05, 07:27 PM
I have not read what Ann sent me as yet but I see no reason as to why you couldn't.

I'm sure there is also a few of the guy's that compete in the harder comp's that would be more than happy to put their hands up and jump in a passenger seat to help out I'm sure.

I'm trying to convince heather to have a go in the ladies class with the KJ. Hey Ann, if I do, wanna play spotter for her?

Steve F
11-10-05, 08:07 PM
Do we get a navigator or spotter???

The forms dont have anything for a nav to sign, I was wondering the same thing. Everything assumes just a driver. Maybe they just sign an indemnity form?

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
17-11-05, 09:18 PM
So anyone registered yet? I plan to get mine off next week.

Cheers
Steve

Jumbo
22-11-05, 09:27 PM
do warn out 36's count as 35?? :) now why did i sell those MTR's...

ann
23-11-05, 08:20 AM

Measure them ;)

jenko
23-11-05, 01:35 PM
Do you think i can sneak my kj in to standard

Jumbo
23-11-05, 07:21 PM

Measure them ;)

I did still 35.6 no wonder I keep getting hung up all the time.. ;)

Jumbo
23-11-05, 07:24 PM
Do you think i can sneak my kj in to standard

I rekon you'd do all right in touring class anyway.. :)

TIGGER
24-11-05, 08:56 AM
Can i have an entry form?

ann
24-11-05, 09:15 AM
Anyone whos wants an entry form send me an email or pm and Ill forward you one :)

Tropey
18-01-06, 08:42 PM
anyone registered for this as yet???

sexytj
20-01-06, 11:05 PM
Im thinking of doing this. Is there anyone who would like to spot for me? :oops: